To the mall

Are You The One?

 

 

All night I couldn’t sleep. The image of the red haired dude wouldn’t disappear, who is he?

As we got to our hotel room, I tried figuring who this person was. I didn’t waste a second of it. I listed my suspects, but none of them was fit for the one I saw with Jiyeul last night. The hair ruffling, the tickling and the sweet, flirty smile. Who does this person think he is? Treating my precious Jiyeul like that, and touching her whenever he wished in front of her family, especially at the dinner table. Now that is just off!

 

Furiousness raged throughout me. I couldn’t take this any longer, I had to find out.

Why did the first day of my holidays have to be ruined?!

 

                Forgetting about my nightmare, I saw Jiyeul sitting on the bench. It looks like she’s waiting for someone.

Manly enough, I headed towards her direction.

Too late. The red haired guy was there before I knew it. Where did he come from?

She was staring off into the distance as the guy secretly crept behind and covered her eyes. I watched with jealously, hearing her gasp from the fright and laughed to have revealed it was he. They hugged for a while. Only if that was me.

 

Keeping my distance, I watched as they walked further down the path where they met her younger sister who was busying herself with a bright yellow balloon. Yellow; my favourite colour.

 

Curious as I was, my parents surprised me when a hand came from out of the blue and patted right on my shoulder. I yelled in alarm. As quick as possible I turned with speed and positioned myself in defence mode, both hands ready to karate chop whatever had caused me to be in fright.

It was just my dad. I stood up straight and pretended nothing had happened just then. Apa stared in awe as a smile appeared.

I bet you he’s going to laugh any moment now. On the count of three. One. . . Two. . . Three.

The old man’s laugh burst from my dad. Uhmma too couldn’t help it and giggled in chorus with Apa, trying to stop herself by putting her hand over . Having to see my sudden reaction must have been weird. I too, laughed along with them for two reasons:

1)     I never knew I’d do that.

                     And

2)     I must have looked like a pabo! How shameful of me. >.<

 

The laughing died after a while when Uhmma spoke.

“Your Apa and I were wondering if you’d want to come with us to the mall across the road.” She pointed.

 

I followed to where she directed.

The red haired guy and Jiyeul were holding onto the hands of the little girl, as they crossed the crossing of the busy road to a giant mall that stood at the feet of noodle stands.

So they’re going to the mall, huh? Here’s my chance to find out who this guy really is. I looked back at my parents.

“Sure, why not?” My uhmma grabbed my hand excitedly whilst my apa grabbed her free one. I felt like a little school boy going back to pre-school all over again.

 

All through the journey to the mall, uhmma seemed all excited to go shopping. Apa just stared after his dear wife seeing her smile like this. The smile that had made him fall in love with her this first time he set eyes on her. A forever lasting condition.

 

We were welcomed by the chill air that escaped the doors of the building as it opened, revealing paradise.