Welcome to the gang :D

Are You The One?

It didn’t take long for Jiyeul to settle among us three. She became fond of us in a matter of time; we had most our classes together, we studied together and had lunch together, it was like our daily routine really.

Weeks had passed by, and assignments were to be due in.

“You guys finished your Biology project yet?” Jiyeul asked, still waiting for an answer from the twins or either Minwoo, with confusion written all over their faces.

“You know? The one you had to create a model of the Human DNA? The one that’s due in TODAY!?” She rephrased the last sentence. And still waiting. . .

As quick as a flash, their face expression changed into worry. “Oh no, we totally forgot!” They smacked their foreheads with such foolness.

“Well you still have time before the class, which is to begin in an hour’s time.” She suggested.

“Quick Jiyeul, you have to help us.” They begged on their knees.

“What are we waiting for? We better get started than.” She smiled to what they just did and hurried to the school library.

.

.

“There. That should do it.” Jiyeul said, adding some last touching to the project.

“Thank you so much for your help Jiyeul.” Said Minwoo relieved.

“No problem.”

“Yeah, without you we wouldn’t have completed our Human DNA model and just fail the class instead.” Kwangmin said.

“Thanks a bunch.” The three of them said at the same time and hugged her until she said she couldn’t breathe. Girls walked by giving Jiyeul daggers whilst other boys smirked with jealously.

“Mianhe,” They apologised.

“Let’s take this to class. The bell is going to ring any minute now.” Minwoo said as he carried the model to the science block.

 

AFTER BIOLOGY:

“Hooray! We passed Biology.” Cheered a happy Youngmin. “How about you Jiyeul?”

“An ‘A+’ I see.” Kwangmin peeked at her results sheet.

“It wasn’t that hard really.” She said.

“Wasn’t that HARD!? Man, did you see us struggling trying to find out where the DNA molecules had to be placed. To be honest, I didn’t even know what they were.” Exclaimed Youngmin. “But you’re a genius when it comes to things like this.”

“And to thank Jiyeul for her kindness in helping us pass, why don’t we go and take her to our secret base after school.” Suggested Minwoo.

“What secret base?” Jiyeul asked curiously.

“Now that’s for us to know and for you to find out.”

 

                It was after school and Jiyeul was waiting in front of the school library where she usually meets Minwoo and the Jo twins.

“Ah, Jiyeul there you are.” It was Minwoo, followed by the twins. “You ready?”

She nodded in response.

 

                It didn’t take long for us to reach the secret base. Throughout the whole ride, we couldn’t stop but give some hints to Jiyeul. She became excited as we pulled to park.

“Wahhh. It looks so cool. I’ve never been here before.” She said. The place was a small café called ‘JO CAFÉ’, a great place to hang out with friends and keep warm from the coldness outside.

“Today’s your lucky day.” I added. “This here, is our secret base where we spend most of our time. As you can already see from the sign outside that this café actually belongs to the Jo twins’ family.”

“Wow,” was all she said as she made her way exploring the café with a smile.

“So what do you think?” Kwangmin asked.

“I think it’s really great.” As she followed the rest of them to a table set nearby the window with four seats arranged around it. I took my seat beside Youngmin to my right and Kwangmin to my left, as Jiyeul sat directly opposite me.

                We took our orders and of course we got a discount since that the café belonged to the twin’s parents. We talked and laughed at random things we said, it seemed like Jiyeul really enjoyed it and got along with us so easily. It was getting late we had to get moving.

First stop, Jiyeul’s house. “Which house did you say it was?” Asked Kwangmin as he drove slowly, trying to find her house.

“Urmm, that one right there.” She pointed to a mansion, the colour of peach. “Thanks for taking me to your secret base.” She thanked the three of us.

“Sure thing.” We replied back. “Oh, and by the way Jiyeul, welcome to the gang.” I said as I caught a glimpse of her blushing and made her way through the iron gates.

“Welcome to the gang?” Laughed Youngmin.

“What? What’s wrong with that? I was just being nice, and she is our friend now, isn’t she?”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

“That’s what I thought.” I smirked jokingly, knowing that I’m always right.