Who is he?

Are You The One?

~Minwoo's P.O.V~

 

The view from here was peaceful and calm. I breathed in the evening air; just with that single blow of the soft breeze, I could even smell the tinge of the sea.

I wonder how long I've been walking this path already? It looks like it's getting dark, I should head to the restuarant, my parents should be there by now.

 

I entered the building and searched for uhmma and apa. I see them, seated right next to a table full of people. Well, not that many, maybe around five I'm guessing, were seated with good posture as they talked and laughed together. I couldn't make out of who they were, so instead I tidied myself, brushing off any speck of dust that weren't actually there, then walked to the table with two adults waiting for me.

"Goodevening, uhmma. Good evening apa," I bowed modestly.

"Goodevening Minwoo."

I took my place and awaited for our orders as the waitress came with large panflips filled with varieties of food. We picked our plates and sat there in silence. Well this is awkward. Its been awhile since we sat on a dining table as a family.

"So my boy, how is school going?" I looked at apa with a surprised face towards this question of his. "I know, it's been a very long time since I've asked. Since we're here to be as a family, I wanted to see how you were."

"I suppose that everything is going good. I passed Biology, so that's a relief. Besides that, I'm passing all my classes, it's all flowing like a river down the stream." I began to fiddle with the corner of the table cloth.

"Well done son, I'm very proud of you." Replied apa.

"And so am I," smiled uhmma as she rested her soft, gentle hands on top of mine.

It was so good to see my family smiling like this, just the three of us. Together.

We talked about my school, what I did afterwards. Of course, I'd always be with the twins. We also talked about my favourite hobby, which is dancing and rapping, I can't say I'm bad at singing, but I prefer to rap instead :D I talked about my dream, being in a boy band and singing for their fans and to show their passion and skills.

 

My parents were fascinated to see that I, myself had already planned my life. A life that I would be proud of. I also told my parents about our new friend, Kim Jiyeul. Everytime I said her name, I would blush in a way. Though I tried to hide it. But hey, guess what, it didn't work. There was a sudden pause for a moment, than my father chuckled. I looked at him confused. Why was he laughing?

"Son, you seem to like this girl don't you?" The question this time shocked. Shoot, how did he know?

"It's okay Minwoo, you can tell us. Don't forget, we are your parents after all. You can trust us" Said apa all concerned, uhmma too looked at me trustworthly and patient.

Sweats of water formed on my forehead. How am I supposed to get out of this one? Well, they are my parents. I have to trust them for sure. I'll just tell them the truth. Here it goes.

"Ummm, well, urrhhhh......" After thinking for a while. "Yes, I do like her." I put my head down in embarrasment, scratching it nervously in case of what my parents may think.

All I got was, "Awwww, how cute is that." My uhmma's eyes glittered. "Our son has a crush." She looked at apa whom agreed with her.

"Indeed. First love I'm guessing?"

"Ne," I replied sheeplessly.

"So when are you going to ask her out?" Asked both my parents amused with what I was to answer.

"I don't know?"

"No Minwoo, as a man, you've got to ask her out before someone will have her." Apa adviced his son.

"Does she know you like her?" Asked uhmma. I replied with a no.

"I will, soon. Whenever it's the right time." My parents were amused to know the fact I had a crush. Somehow, it had helped me to loosen up a bit. I get to finally tell something so personal to me to somebody else, not only to one person but to two. I felt relieved by that.

 

Our dinner arrived and was set perfectly arranged with varieties of spoons, knives and forks. I picked any random one and ate away. Suddenly, something flew through the sky and landed SPLAT onto my jacket.

I turned to where the food had came from. A little girl with a worried expression faced towards me. I smiled back to cheer her up, I couldn't let any kid cry in front of me, that's my weakness, seeing someone cry.

Finally, she smiled and I turned back to clean up after myself. Checking again to see if she didn't cry, I saw Jiyeul. I knew I recognised that little girl from earlier at the park.

Jiyeul looked back at me lip saying that she was sorry. I smiled back to show her it was okay. And returned with a smile of her own as she focused back to the little child, whom must be her younger sister.

Sitting across them must be their parents, and the one sitting next to her must be. . . Wait, who is he? Don't tell me. That.... that's her boyfriend?

I was cut and hurt by the thought of it. I had to look away, but I couldn't. Jealousy washed over, I sighed. He had red hair and that promising smile of his always made her laugh and be happy. He kept on ruffling her hair and tickled her dongsaeng like they were close, really close. Who is this dude?

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry for the short update. I couldn't think of what to write for this chapter. I hope you like it though <3