Ninth

Catch me

 

He sat sullenly in his dark office the blind was closed though he wouldn't need to draw it closed as it was a blackout due to the explosion, most of the officers were out to examined the scene but he couldn't move his feet, he needed sometime alone. The light from the computers still shown as the back up power has been generated, they have to be prepare in this kind of situation.
 
The screens still showed numbers jumping in and out of the accounts, millions to zero, zero to thousand , thousand to ten and so on. These would definitely caused damage in gambling business, they couldn't control what was in and what was out all they could was to hold on to cash, which was risky in this kind of business, they could be robbed.
 
One by one his team was back from the scene. Outside of his office, his team were discussing about what they had discovered. Yongguk grimly walked out to join them as much as he didn't want to do, it was part of the job and though it might not seem relevant with his case but who know what is relevant and what is not.
 
Yongguk gave a sign for his team to spilled out what they found and Daehyun was the one who filled him in "The explosive was from the stoves, somehow it was ignited. The whole building had gas line running so with the exploded of the stoves...." Yongguk nodded as he could patched it together "She just got the new stoves this morning" he swallowed. Till now he couldn't believe how had went so wrong.
 
"They still searching the scene for more, I'll keep you posted" again just a silent nod from Yongguk. "Himchan what about a man who know about the silent angel" he asked "I don't know when he left after the explosion everything went crazy" Himchan frowned, waves of disappointment rushed through all of them. Yongguk rubbed his face, this was not a bright, happy morning he thought it was two hours ago.
 
"The cctv might tell us something. If we could match his face with our database and find him. We might get something" yongjae said while striding to the computer. They gathered around him, indeed Yongjae is the brain of the team. Yongguk frowned as the screen was playing, the said man had his back on camera all the time when Yongjae changed to the other camera the angle was too odd to see what he was really look like.
 
Then the footage showed when the building was exploded, the vibration had everyone ducked down so as him but as everyone rushing for protection in panic, the said guy was walking calmly toward the emergency exit contradict to what had happened around him.
 
Yongguk gritted his teeth harshly in rage. He walked away from the screen into his room, banging the door shut loudly, the shades shook as the door went shut. "What just happened?" Junhong asked "It looks like this guy had something to do with the explosion, either he knew about  it or he was the one who did it" said Himchan "And our boss is beyond furious now"
 
A ding caught everyone attention except Yongguk who hid himself in his office. Yongjae pulled the screen that he had it monitored for the last few days on the one he was on. The red dot blinking at one of the casino that had their account tampered. The casino account was ripped to nothing, the money flow stopped at Costa Rica before the tracked just magically disappeared. "It started" said Himchan.