Eighteenth

Catch me
Yongguk standing in front of the under surveillance room in one of the hospital. He looked through the widow on the door intently. You were looking out of the window, leaning against the pillowed that was supporting your lower back.
 
After the small operation, you were detained inside the hospital room under 24/7 surveillance. You refused to speak to anyone including Yongguk who came to the hospital everyday. When he tried to interrogate you, you looked away with sadness in your eyes. When he tried to talk to you, you closed your eyes pretending you were sleeping.
 
Losing your dad had torn you apart and you were blaming yourself. Your father didn't make it to the hospital, he was holding your hand until his very last breath, the first and last holding hand with your old man. You shut yourself from everyone since then. Yongguk had spent a restless night staying with you even what he got from you was silent and ignorance, he knew you were tormenting yourself.
 
One evening, when Yongguk was in his office, Yongjae walked in with the report from your retrieved computers. Yongguk read it silently the report was full with the program structure, the process and timelines but what damaged that cause by the program, it couldn't be reversed, with the self destruct program running after your mission finished nothing could be fixed.
 
The gun shot were from the casinos, seeking revenged. They had followed your father movement, after he failed to stop you. They thought your father back stabbing them in cooperating with FBI to withdraw all the money they had. Shooting you was to sent the message to the FBI whatever FBI took from them, they'll doubled it back. Needless to say FBI sent the message back as well, beware.
 
 
"She still not talking?" Yongjae started settling on the chair across his boss "No" Yongguk quietly answered "How long do you think she would be like this" another questioned that even Yongguk couldn't answer made him snapped "I don't know!, Yongjae, she wouldn't talk to me or let me talk. What do you want me to do!"
 
Yongjae sighed "You know, even if she wanted to tell you so bad how she felt, she wouldn't" Yongguk glared at his friend angrily "Why? And how do you even know" Yongjae shot up from his seat, throwing another report on Yongguk's desk "Here! read it yourself. It was in her diaries" Yongguk starred at the documents like it would bit him and Yongjae let out another heavy sighed "You should thank her dad actually, he retrieved it from the hidden files. It was not in the part of destruction plan"
 
Yongjae left, leaving him dealing with his own conflicted mind, should he read it when it was your most private inner thought that should be respect. But he really wanted to know you more than anyone else in this world, would you hate him, if you knew that he read it. He gulped nervously when holding the report in his hand, before turning on the page. Your diary was dated back when you were with your mom. You were full with life, love and caring just like your mom, smart, cheeky and stubborn just like you dad. Yongguk read it thoroughly, every single letter that would get him closer to you.
 
Time has passed and the moon was high above in the night sky. Yongguk didn't know how long he had been on your journal. The light in his office wasn't enough for him to read anymore, flicking the light on, he went through it again and again, especially some part about him.
 
"You asked me again how i feel about you. I really want to tell you but I can't. Not when you were so focus on catching another me, not when you would hate me later on when you find out who I really am and not when you don't even know which part of me, you are in love with"
 
"and most of it because you would be burden if I tell you that I love you"
 
"you are a fed and I am simply a thief. How could we be together, your job is to catch me"
 

"hurting because losing someone would eventually heal but hurting because losing yourself would scar you forever and I don't want you to do that, that's why I have to go. I don't want you to loose yourself just because you love me, the thief.

 
He was drowning in his own feeling after finishing your journal. You were in love with him all this time. It would be much easier if you wasn't in the title of the convicted and him as the prosecutor. We were meant to be apart, weren't we, it was in your diary, he remembered. Smiling to himself sadly, you knew him too well.he leaned back in his seat, letting his eyes mingled to the ceiling and his brain lost in the storm of thinking. Finally he sat up, grabbing your diary and pressed it to his heart before he confidently strode out of the room with no turning back.
 
You were sitting in the armchair next to the window when he arrived. Staring outside in thought just like you always did whenever you have got visitor. Yongguk went to stood by you, looking outside as well. He kneeled down to your eyes level "Baby, let's go". You looked at him in surprised, did he just called you "baby" He reached for your hand, kissing it gently on the knuckles before pressing it against his cheek.
 
"I will loose myself if I ain't got you" his eyes bore into yours intently and straight into your heart "So please come with me" his voice was soft and his gesture showed you sincerity. Closing your eyes, you perplexing on his intention. The light kiss were plant on your forehead and you murmured "to where?".
 
 Opening your eyes you saw yourself reflecting from his, with his gummy smile that has lost for the past few weeks shown on his face. He swiped your cheek lovingly with his other hand and you shuddered not used to this side of him. But his eyes told you all, and it made you really believed when he said "I don't care as long as I am with you".