Seventeenth

Catch me
You struggled in his embrace trying to forced space, only to have him tighten his gripped. "Let me go" you whined even if you knew he wouldn't budged "No" He grumbled "Let go!" you raised your voice only to have him shook you a little and firmly stated "I said no!"
 
Yongguk tried to turned you around but with your sitting position and you were struggling it was hard for him to get a gripped on you. He yanked you back, making you stumbled back into his possess, right on his lap. "Stop it, please" he plead, pressing you tighter to his chest. His scent hit your nose and you froze, silently you let few more tears rolled down, you brain processing what could have been going on, why and how Yongguk has found this place.
 
The running footsteps grew louder from the thick bushes. Your father emerged from the thick plants that act as the wall separating the wood and the grave's lawn. "Honey, I am sorry" the loud bang of gunshot cut his words. "Dad!!!" you screamed, trying to get to him. Yongguk held you closed and used his whole body to covered you. "No!! Yongguk! My dad!!" 
 
He ignored your horror shriek, calling for back up while trying his best to protected you. There was a commotion inside the bush followed by the gun fight. You cried loudly for your father in Yongguk's arm "Daddy, no!!" your body shook as you wailed and squirmed to break free.
 
The back up team showed up, signaling Yongguk that the shooter had been found and arrested. You felt the arms around you has loosen and you scrambled towards your father that laid on the lawn. "Daddy?" you voice shook and your hand trembled as you were trying to reach out for him.
 
He blinked his eyes and you could see he was losing his focus "Daddy" you felt like your world was crumbled. Even he wasn't a good father but he was your dad after all, your one and only family you had left. "Honey, I am sorry" he tried with his breathing became labored. "No dad, it's ok. Don't speak" you turned around "Help! Somebody!"
 
"Honey, listen" he tried again and you fighting your tears to hear him out "I am not the best dad in the world, I know and I had forced you to live my life for so long" he paused and you were anxious, not with what he was about to said but scared of loosing his life "Just live your life, honey, I think that is what your mom and I want the most at this moment" he rasped. His voice was getting weaker and weaker.
 
You straighten yourself up, trying to looking for Yongguk and that was when you heard another gunshot. You felt your body leaned back because of the bullet, everything went into slow motion. You thought you saw Yongguk running toward you, your ears heard the gun fight again. Yongguk caught you in his arm, he yelled his command to the back up team.
 
You felt cold as the strong wind swirled violently over your head. Looking up you saw the chopper lowering down to the opened area. You saw paramedics rushed your father toward the chopper. You felt relieved and closing your eyes. Suddenly the strong hand shook you to stay awake, it was Yongguk "No, don't you dare giving up your life here on me ever' wake up!" he sounded angry. All you could do was smiling at him and suddenly you were lifted in the air.
 
The oxygen masked was covering your mouth as you were lying flat on the chopper next to your father. You ignored all of your surrounding and turning your head to your father, he was looking at you as well. Smiling both of you reaching for each other's hand, you held on to him tightly. Your father looked at you lovingly and mouthed in silent "I love you honey" which you replied the same way he did "I love you dad"
 
The warm hand brushed your sweaty forehead catching your attention, Yongguk leaned closer to look at you, you didn't notice that he has held on your other hand tightly. He was saying something and you tried to listen to it carefully "Stay with me. You can't leave me like this, please" you squeezed his hand a little before closing your eyes as you drifted from the urgent around you. The long beep sound from heart monitoring machine grew louder amidst the fussing inside the chopper cabin.