Seventh

Catch me

 

You sat down on the bench in the park after you parted with your father, he was up to something but what it was, you didn't know. You pulled out your phone checking the footages before checking on the running electronic machines you have in your basement one more time. 
 
Sighing you stared up into the cloudy sky, thinking about the way you should end this mayhem. You have to add the caution to your plan as your old man was about to moved his pawn. The wind brushed you hair slightly and you closed your eyes, indulged yourself in the quiet and calm environment contradict to what was going on in your basement.
 
"Hey, are you ok?" the husky voice boomed into your ears and your eyes shot opened as the bench you were sitting had moved slightly. Yongguk was there beside you, his baggy eyes shown tiredness, stress and worried. "I'm fine what are you doing here?" You asked as you patted the  empty seat next to you signaling him to sit.
 
"hmmmm" that's all his answer. Both of you sat there embracing the quiet environment lost in your own thought. The giant fountain lights started to lit up making the park even more heavenly. You felt a brush on your shoulder as he moved closer to you. You looked at him straight to his eyes and he was doing the same.
 
The rush world outside the park started to fade, now the world was just you and him. You blinked a little and realized one thing, you shouldn't be too close to him, not when you have everything planned. But as you became conscious of what you're going to do, a single finger swipe your cheek gently, crossed to your ear. Your heart sped up at the contact, it painfully drummed in your chest so hard that it could burst in a minute, pink stain could be seen even with the dim lights from the fountain.
 
His face shown something you couldn't figured, or at least you didn't want to. "Yon....." your voice was cut by a brush of his lips on your, a kiss, gentle kiss from the strong looking man. It was so soft that you thought it was just your imagination. He looked at you expectantly, waiting for your action, his eyes asking for any kind of respond, his words rolled out dreamily in question "What do you feel about me?"
 
All you could do was smile but you knew in your heart that it was most genuine smile that you had ever smiled to anyone, earning yourself a gummy smile from the man in front of you. "Let's go, you need to rest" you said as you stood up. He looked at you confused but as you reached out for his hand, his bright smile was back again. He laced his hand with yours and held on to it tightly.
 
A walk back to your shop was like a dream. There was no words exchanged between both of you. Though there was a second that you have to swallowed a lump in your throat as your mind flashed a reminder that you still have to do what you got do. Yongguk halted as both of you reached the footpath in front of your shop. "Good night, Yongguk" you finally said. His smiled never falter even when you wished him a good night, still holding your hand, he tugged you forward a little before another sweet gentle kiss was planted on your supple lips again. "Good night"
 
The moon went up high in the starry night sky though they were blinded a little by the city electric lights sending joy and breath taking scene to any human being who admiring them but they couldn't even compared to what you have felt the whole evening. You felt love, sincere and protection. 
 
If only he was not the one who work against you, if only you have a different goal, you might showered him with your feelings or even let him knew that you were feeling the same but you have come too far to turn back and there was no other choice for you but to continued what you intended to do, whatever will be, will be. 
 
Yongguk watched as you entered your shop and you had to stopped yourself before you invited him in, you had work to do. So you just went in as he was making sure you had securely locked the door then with another waved of good bye, Yongguk turned his heel to the opposite direction. Funny, you thought sadly, it seems like we meant to go on separate path anyway.