Chapter 4: Cray

Our Way of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ace finished making food for her brothers and left it where they could find it later when she wasn’t around. She grabbed her bag and left the house.

After having done some research Ace found a popular spot for drug dealers. An old train station close to Shorty’s apartment that she could easily get to.

Knowing she would have to wait a while for the fish to bite Ace made a coffee stop before getting to the train station. When she got there she parked her car a good distance away. Within the first twenty minutes she was there she saw a lot of people coming and going from the station but never saw anyone standing around looking suspicious.

As time passed she became bored and called Jay.

Jay was inside a restaurant waiting for her food to arrive when she heard her phone. She quickly answered her phone and tried to block out the noises in the restaurant. “Hello”

After hearing her pick up Ace leaned against the wall and began to talk. “Why did you choose to go after Big Bang?”

“Because they are getting on my last nerve. They have the guts to deal in broad daylight using that girl with the pink hair. I swear if she is one of those neon girls I’m going to kill her.” After she finished talking Jay looked around making sure no one heard her sudden outburst.

Ace couldn’t stop laughing as she heard her. “Okay okay calm down before someone hears you. Besides, I was just being sarcastic because I’m bored. If I find some people I want permission to approach them and ask about the neon girl dealer.”

“You have my permission but remember Ace I need that information by tonight, don’t get tangled up in something. G-dragon is already planning to sell in the next five miles which places my house in the middle of it.”

“If they get caught it will raise even more suspicion on the Lady Killers and your house will be on watch by the authorities.” Ace already knew what was at stake but thought they should move with caution because of what had just happened with Nana.

Nana’s death was still under investigation and if the Lady Killers got involved in something they ran the risk of catching the authorities’ interest. It was already known that Nana was “friends” with Lim Hyun Jae, who lived in the house that served as the Lady Killers hangout. Even if no one suspected her of being in the gang they would dig into the matter and perhaps expose everything.

“I’m glad you understand the situation we’re-” Jay was cut off as her food arrived to her table. The nice old lady smiled as she put the food in front of her “one order Japchae for the pretty young lady.”

Jay smiled “thank you.”

Ace’s mouth dropped as she heard what was happening on the other side of the line. “Are you at a restaurant” she asked feeling her anger rise.

“Ahhhh…” Jay didn’t reply knowing Ace would lecture her.

“I already told you not to eat out so much Jay. It’s not good for you.”

Jay gave up and decided to go off on why she had gone there. “Well Hara left and I knew you were busy so what choice did I have?”

Ace stomped her foot “learn to cook!”

“You know I can’t! Bye!” Jay hung up the phone not wanting to get yelled at any longer. She then began to enjoy her food guilt free.

“Yah! Jay!” Ace scoffed as she removed the phone from her ear. “She really hung up on me.” When she looked back up she saw there were more people around. She would just have to continue to wait and observe everyone around her.

Ace continued to check the station for hours. The more time passed the more she wanted to go home. It was getting later and a train station wasn’t such a good place to be alone at night. But she was correct about the place. Just a while ago it seemed hopeless but now there were so many people she recognized as dealers from minor gangs.

The problem now was to decide who she should approach with her questions. She didn’t want to make such a quick decision so she continued to observe everyone from afar. The more she looked she became aware of the similarities between the people.

It was obvious they were in it for the money and for the privileges that come with the job. They all looked cocky and eager to make their customers beg for the drugs. She walked back and forth along the station looking for the girl with the pink hair that Jay had seen.

Ace hadn’t seen the girl before; she only knew the description Jay gave her. From the corner of her eye she spotted two hooded figures staring at the wall in front of them. One of them was wearing all black while the other wore a blue camo sweater paired with leggings and shorts. This let her know it was a girl which made her especially interested in seeing what wasn’t visible at the moment. But what was very visible to her was their slight turning towards each other letting her know they didn’t just happen to stand in line for the phone.

Deciding to take a closer look she walked over to them quietly. As she slowly made her way over to them she saw the one on the left turn their head making pink hair visible to her. “Bingo”

Once she reached the two of them she got in between them and whispered “too obvious.” This made the guy jump as he turned to face her. Once he saw Ace’s smiling face he calmed down way too much for her taste.

He couldn’t stop laughing as he got to see Ace from head to toe. “Why don’t you walk away, girls like you don’t belong around here.”

“Like me? What do you mean like me? You don’t even know me.”

The girl then turned to Ace revealing her face to her. “We know your kind.” Now Ace was able to see she didn’t have pink tips like Jay had said. This girl had pink on one side and blue on the other.

Ace smirked; it was fun knowing how they didn’t have the slightest idea of who she actually was. “I doubt it. Anyway back to business. Do you two know or work for either Big Bang or Neon?”

“What do you know about them?”

She held her hand up to stop the guy from talking. “I’m asking the questions here unless you want your business here to be finished.”

“Oh and how would you do that?” The guy asked as he got closer to Ace invading her personal space.

Quickly she put her hands on his shoulders and kicked the back of his knees making him kneel in front of her. “You see I don’t like smart asses like you who act cocky and when it comes down to it you fall short. Don’t judge me by the way I look.”

The guy winced as he felt his knees pulsing from the pain of sudden impact into the concrete. Once the girl saw what Ace was capable of she turned around wanting to get away but Ace got a hold of her hoodie. “I’m going to need you to stay a little longer as well.”

Having the guy kneeling in front of her and holding onto the girl had caught the attention of many in the station.

J-Hope and Jimin arrived at the train station looking for their supplier. As they walked to the main area they noticed how everyone was looking and pointing to one particular place.

“What are they all looking at” Jimin asked J-Hope.”

Without answering him J-Hope looked in the same direction but didn’t see anything because of all the people in front of him. He made his way through all the people until he made it to the front of the pack and saw the scene with his own eyes.

Jimin followed behind him feeling curious. When he made it to J-Hope’s side he caught him whispering something. “What did you say?”

He pointed to the girl who was causing the scene with a shocked expression. “I know that girl.”

“Who is she?”

“Yoo Soo Mi, she’s the girl who always opens to outsmart me in class.” J-Hope couldn’t believe it but he was seeing it with his own eyes. The girl who never failed to surpass his intelligence and annoy him to death was single handedly over powering two people who clearly had ties to the gang world.

“How can you tell if you can only see her back? She hasn’t turned this way.”

How could he not tell was a better question. Soo Mi never failed to mock him when she had a chance. When they were in Calculus together both would go up to the board in front of the whole class to see who could solve the problem fastest. No matter how many times they did it he could not win h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter