Chapter 10: Lust

Our Way of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry I took so long to update but as you can see this is a long chapter.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The bell rang signaling the end of school. Odette jumped out of her seat and shoved her belongings into her bag. The faster the better was all she could think about.

A whole school day’s worth of time apart from her sister was killing her. She just couldn’t wait to see her and tell her all about her day. Not to mention the thing with Jung Kook. The promise she had made didn’t include Leah. She had to tell Leah everything that was on her mind or she would explode.

Jung Kook hurriedly put his things away as well. He wanted to follow Odette out of the school to see where she was headed.

As Odette made her way to the front of the school she saw a crowd blocking the gate. They were all whispering to each other making a bunch of noise that didn’t allow them to hear her asking for them to move out of the way. “Excuse me” she shouted almost fifteen times before she was able to free herself from the crowd.

Jung Kook followed close behind her not wanting to lose her in the crowd.

Once she was in front of everyone she saw what they were all starring at. They were all admiring the beautiful car that was parked right outside the gates. Everyone was wondering who the car was there for.

Royal T had been searching the crowd from inside the car. She was about to call Odette to see where she was when she saw her pop out of the crowd. She smiled and got out of the car. “Odette get in.”

Odette’s jaw dropped to the ground as she saw Royal T come out of the car. “Autumn Unnie is this car yours?”

“Yeah now get in” Royal T got back inside the car and was soon joined by Odette.

All the students from her school were left awe struck. They wanted to know how exactly Odette was able to meet such rich people.

Jung Kook too was left shocked. He had planned to follow her thinking she was going to walk home. He was taken out of his trance when he heard a familiar car honk. He turned and saw Suga had been right behind the car that had picked up Odette.

“Woah dude did you see that car!” Suga exclaimed as Jung Kook got in the car.

“Yeah I know the girl who got picked up in it.”

Suga gasped “really?” He grabbed Jung Kook by his shirt and pulled him close. “Hold on to her Jung Kook. Hold on to her and never let go!”

Jung Kook pushed Suga away and straightened out his shirt. “What are you talking about man? I said I know her, that’s it.”

“Make her your girlfriend and maybe you’ll get to ride in it as well.”

“I’m not like you hyung now drive I have to get home on time or my mom will kill me.”

“Looser” Suga said as he made fun of him.

***

As Royal T drove Odette remained silent. She couldn’t believe she was in such an expensive car. She looked over at Royal T. “Who are you really?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean how did you get this car?”

“Well obviously Sebastian went to the storage unit and brought the car to me at school.”

“Who’s Sebastian?”

“My butler of course” Royal T said as she passed by Jay’s house hoping Odette wouldn’t notice and ask her where they were going. She didn’t want to be the one to tell her about Leah.

Odette was amazed to hear Royal T had a butler but that wasn’t enough for her not to notice they had passed their destination. “Umm Royal T I think you passed Jay’s house.”

Royal T sighed “Odette there was a change of plans.” She turned to see her reaction then quickly looked back at the road. “I got a call from Jay, she told me to pick you up and meet them at the hospital.”

Already imagining the worst had happened to Shorty she began to worry. “What happened to Shorty? Is she alright? Is Leah with her?”

Royal T shook her head after every question. “It’s not Shorty who is hurt.”

Odette’s eyes widened “then… does that mean?”

“Leah was shot and Shorty was kidnapped. But don’t worry Jay and Ace were there. They took her to the hospital right away.”

All Odette heard was the part about Leah being shot. She zoned everything else out only thinking about how her sister was doing. The more she thought about her sister the more she wanted to be by her side. She couldn’t hold all the feelings inside her. She began to cry “I want to see her now.”

Seeing her tear up made Royal T drive faster. “Don’t worry we’re almost there.”

“Don’t tell me not to worry! My sister could be dead right now. I want to see her, she can’t leave me alone!” She began to cry harder and louder.

When they got to the hospital Odette ran out of the car leaving Royal T behind. After locking the car Royal T ran to catch up to her. When she entered the hospital she found Ace holding on to Odette.

“Let go of me I want to see my sister” Odette screamed as she squirmed around in Ace’s arms. “I told you the doctor said no one is allowed in there until the surgery is over.” When Ace saw Royal T she let go of Odette. “Autumn I think you should take her home. She can’t handle being here. She’s just a kid after all.”

Odette became angry hearing Ace “no I’m not!” She wiped her eyes to get rid of all the tears. “You would be acting the same way if that was your sister in there.” She walked away from them and into the waiting room where she sat waiting for the time she would be allowed to see Leah.

After seeing Odette go off on her own to the waiting room, Royal T became curious. “If no one is allowed into the room with Leah then where’s Jay?”

“Seeing Jiho.” Ace sighed “he’s been in a coma for almost four days now with no signs of him wanting to wake up.”

“She must be so stressed having Jiho in a coma, Leah in surgery, and Shorty kidnapped by those bastards” Royal T said feeling bad for Jay. Ace nodded in agreement. No one knew what she must be going through. She has had a life full of losses.

Jay starred at Jiho as he lay motionlessly in the hospital bed. The only noises she could here were the machines he was attached to that kept him alive.  After hearing Leah would be in surgery struggling for her life Jay decided to take the time to visit one of the other people struggling for theirs.

“Why haven’t you woken up yet Jiho” she asked feeling desperate to get a response from him. All she wanted in that moment was to hear his voice.

She sat down in the chair by his bed like usual. “You said you would never miss a day of school so you could get Minsoo to stop being so annoying... today he wasn’t his regular self because of how worried and tired you have him. He’s been coming here every day to see you. I even saw him cry over you.”

As she thought of the last thing she said she broke out in a giggle. “Isn’t it funny? Just imagine a tough looking guy like Minsoo crying…” she looked at Jiho and sighed.

“Are you waiting to see me cry as well?” The beeping sounds from the machines were the only response she could hear. Not being able to take the silence she took off her sunglasses and wiped her eyes. “It’s hard to make me cry yet look what you did already so wake up god damn it!”

After calming herself down she began to talk again. “It’s hard for me to make friends, I only have a handful and you are here being selfish by not waking up. The doctor said it was all up to you now. So if you haven’t woken up it’s because you don’t want to. If you’re worried about Big Bang coming after you don’t be. They won’t be able to do anything to you just leave it to me. And if you’re worried about not having a place to go back to you shouldn’t be. Minsoo is your best friend and already said you could live with him so get up.”

Royal T cleared trying to get Jay’s attention.

Jay put on her glasses then turned around. “He’s still not getting up. It’s so frustrating I almost want to punch him.”

A big smile came across Royal T’s face. “You know you don’t have to hide your feelings around me.”

“Still, how can I be a ruthless gang leader when I cry over losing a friend?”

Royal T shrugged, “I don’t know but I would like you to cry if I were dying. It shows that you’re human and that you care.”

“I don’t think I could control myself if I lost any of you guys. Then I would really be all on my own” Jay smiled.

“Speaking of not being in control…” Royal T pointed towards the waiting room. “Odette seems to have lost control hearing about Leah. I think you should talk to her since you have personal experience with this kind of thing.”

Jay nodded agreeing to talk to Odette. “I guess I should talk to her. Maybe she’ll listen to me not like Jiho.” She walked out of Jiho’s room looking perfectly normal. No one could tell she had become emotional.

When Ace saw her she made sure to warn her about Odette’s current condition. Jay ignored the warnings and went to talk to her either way.

Odette was starring at the ground as she sat in one of the cold chairs in the waiting room of the hospital. There were plenty of seats available beside her but Jay decided to stay standing. “You know no matter what happens to Leah you have to keep it together.”

Hearing the words coming out of Jay made her mad. It seemed that she didn’t care about what happened to Leah. “If Leah dies I won’t be able to function properly. I need her.”

Jay sat down next to her and began to pat her back comfortingly. “I want her to make it out alive too. She got hurt helping Shorty which is what I should have been doing. Now I have to live with the fact that Leah got hurt because of my carelessness and Shorty is in the hands of people who will do unimaginable things to her.”

It seemed harsh to Odette that Jay would blame herself for what was happening to the two of them when she knew Jay couldn’t have done anything different since she didn’t know Shorty was in danger to begin with. “I should take some of the blame for Leah. I only encouraged her to make sure Shorty was okay.”

“First of all let’s not make her for dead just yet. I’m sure she’s fighting for her life with all she’s got. She’s probably thinking about you just like you are thinking of her right now.”

Odette finally smiled hearing Jay. It brought joy to her thinking maybe Leah was hanging on against the odds just because of her.

The four girls spent hours in the hospital waiting for the doctor to come out and let them know about Leah’s condition. They would eat in the hospital then go back to the waiting room. A satisfied stomach in combination with hours of waiting in a hospital made Royal T sleepy.

She got up to put two seats together. She lay on them uncomfortably but easily fell asleep. After taking an hour long nap she woke up asking if there was any news about Leah but still there was nothing.

After a total of five hours a doctor came out to the waiting room. “The family of Jung Leah” he called.

Odette quickly got out of the chair and went up to the doctor followed by the other three concerned girls. “How is she is my sister okay?”

The doctor’s face became sullen. “I’m so sorry but the patient did not make it.”

Those were the words Odette had feared for the past five hours. She began to break down in tears.

Royal T hugged her trying to console her and make sure she could calm down.

“What happened to her doctor” Jay asked.

“The bullet scraped the spinal cord causing pieces of it to lodge themselves in the lungs along with the bullet. Our first concern was getting the bullet out of the lung along with every shaving of bone. There were just too many small pieces that we couldn’t take out fast enough. She went into shock from all the blood loss we tried to revive her several times but she didn’t come back the third time.”

After hearing how much Leah had struggled and faught to stay alive, Jay knew Leah probably felt tired and couldn’t come back the last time. “Thank you for trying your best doctor.”

The doctor nodded. “The nurse will release the patient’s belongings to you when you sign the paperwork.” He then left the waiting room where Odette continued to cry uncontrollably. “I want to see her.”

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea” Ac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter