Chapter 12: Foam Heart

Our Way of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I know this chapter is shorter than usual but it won't be long before the next chapter is up. It might even be a double update today.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Shorty woke up feeling tired; it was as if she hadn’t rested at all. She didn’t know how long it had been since the day she had been brought to such a cold place since there was no way for her to keep track of time. The whole room was empty except for the large white bed she slept on. The room was white, all the walls were plain and there were absolutely no windows. The only door in the room could was made to open only from the outside.

There was absolutely no way of getting out and Shorty understood that. But what pissed her off the most was how it all resembled a psychiatric hospital. It seemed like a room where they kept the crazy people locked up. It made her feel as if she would go crazy.

When she first got there she couldn’t stop yelling at them to get her out of there. After yelling for so long with no water became dry. Now it had probably been days since she herself heard her own voice. Every time GD sent T.O.P to question her he would come out without answers.

Shorty was a true warrior. She knew her silence was the only weapon she had at the moment. If she didn’t say anything then they had nothing to use against her. Even though her silence had consequences like getting hit or mistreated in any other form, she continued to stay that way.

What was strange was that recently they had stopped asking her questions. Instead they have been asking her to do things for them. She sat up on the bed and turned to lift the pillow she had slept on. Underneath she found the heart shaped foam she had received last night from a guy who had come to visit GD and TOP.

Shorty held it in her hand thinking of what she would do with it. The guy had given it to her saying it was her ticket out of there. What Shorty found impossible was the task he wanted her to do with it.

She had never spoken a word about the Lady Killers or any of her friends yet the guy who had given it to her gave her a shock. He asked her to help him sneak into Lim Hyun Jae’s house and plant it in her room.

Shorty became alert hearing Jay’s name. How did the guy know her? What did he know about her? It didn’t seem like he knew Shorty knew about her. It was just what he wanted her to do. Had people already began to suspect Jay?

The door to the room opened making Shorty’s thoughts stop. She saw TOP entering the room “you have a visitor.” Behind him entered the guy that had given Shorty the foam heart, again he was wearing glasses so she couldn’t see who he was. Seeing her holding the object made him smirk. “It seems you are considering my offer.”

Shorty pushed the covers off of herself and went over to him. She pushed the heart to his chest and opened . At first no words would come out even though she tried to speak. was too dry; she then tried again and was successful. “I won’t do it.”

He smirked “you prefer to continue and stay here where they can have their fun with you?”

“I won’t help with whatever it is you are planning to do.”

“You see you don’t even know what I am planning to do and already turn it down.” The guy removed his glasses revealing himself to Shorty.

Shorty gasped, she recognized him. “Y-you You’re the leader of Teen Top.” What the hell is he doing here? Jay sent me to help him that day.

Minsoo’s smirk grew “the one and only.”

Shorty didn’t understand why he was being so friendly with his own enemy. Unless…

Seeing how quiet she was Minsoo could tell she was putting everything together in her mind. “My friends here say you were the one who was on that roof. They want to know who sent you to do everything that you did but I have an idea. Now all I want is to prove it so if you don’t want to suffer anymore do what I tell you.”

“You bastard!” Shorty lunged at him wanting to punch the smirk right off his face. He caught her fist with his hand “easy there little girl.”

That was the thing Shorty hated the most, people could easily block her hits. She was too short and she couldn’t make up for it with strength. That’s why she had compensated for the fact that she couldn’t fight by becoming an expert at weapons. Now what would she do if she couldn’t have them?

She pushed away releasing her fist.

“It’s obvious you recognize me. But what I don’t get is why you came and not the Lady Killers.”

Shorty watched him carefully as he circled around her.

“I specifically called my Hyun Jae so she would send the Lady Killers to their doom. Why did you come instead is the mystery.” He stopped in front of her. “Who are you and who sent you? Was it my Hyun Jae? Or maybe one of the Lady Killers hired you?”

Shorty stayed silent. His Hyun Jae? Why was he calling Hyun Jae his?  It seemed he really wanted the Lady Killers to have gone and made an appearance that day but why? What did he want to accomplish?

Minsoo lost it and slapped Shorty. The impact made her face the opposite direction but she did not make a sound. It was a strong hit but she could withstand the pain. He was mad that he wasn’t getting any answers out of her. “If you continue to stay quiet I’ll make sure you regret your whole existence.”

Even with Minsoo’s threats Shorty kept her silence. He walked out of the room with TOP. After locking the door they went to meet up with GD. “You two can do what you want with her. You don’t have to hold back any longer. Kill her if you want.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter