Chapter 3: Statistics

Our Way of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Leah Leah Leah!” Odette ran through the school’s halls dodging the people that got in her way. It was the end of the school week and she was trying to catch up to her sister so they could finally go to the place they had been waiting to go to for months now. The Lady Killers hangout which doubled as Jay’s home. 

When Leah heard Odette she hid her face in embarrassment but stopped to wait for her. She loved her sister to death but sometimes she wished Odette could be a little less hyper.

Odette quickly caught up to Leah and smiled. As she took a closer look at Leah her smile went away. “Unnie where’s your bag? Aren’t you ready to go?”

“Don’t worry it’s in the girls locker room.” She walked in to the locker room followed by Odette. It was always empty exactly five minutes after school on Fridays from everyone going home as fast as they could. Except it wasn’t completely empty today.

Jung Kook had been dragged into the girl’s locker room by one of the girls from his class. She was throwing herself at him, already kissing down his neck when he began to hear voices.

 Odette jumped up and down as Leah calmly opened her locker. “Odette can’t you stand still for one minute?”

She stopped jumping and looked at Leah with a mock angry face. “How could you ask that Leah, you know I can’t.”

Leah sighed ignoring her sister.

“Those are the voices” he whispered to himself making the girl that was with him stop what she was doing and look up at him confused. “What?”

He covered , afraid they might hear her. He let go of her and searched through the aisles of lockers for the owners of the voices. The girl followed close behind him not knowing what was going on. When he found them he hid in the row next to them and asked the girl “who are they” in a low whisper.

“Why? Are you interested in them instead of me Oppa?”

“Just tell me.”

The girl rolled her eyes; she didn’t like Leah and Odette at all. “The stupid Jung twins Leah and Odette. They can literally get away with anything because of their parents, Detective and Officer Jung.”

Interesting, Jung Kook thought. “You can leave now.”

“But Oppa…”

“Just leave” he told her menacingly. She got the message and left the locker room angry. Jung Kook went back to listening to what they were saying, similar to the first time he had over heard them.

Leah took her bag out of the locker and closed it.

Odette began to jump again. “Yay, we can go now. I’m so excited unnie. This is going to be the first time we get to go into Lady Killer territory and with an invitation.”

“You make it sound like the place is prohibited. You know that the Lady Killers let anyone go into their territory as long as they don’t cause any trouble.”

As Leah and Odette walked out of the lockers Jung Kook made sure to follow them as close as he could. He had already confirmed that these two girls definitely had some sort of connection to the Lady Killers. He had to find out more so he could tell Rap Monster to make up for the last time.

Leah and Odette walked their usual route from school to their house not knowing they were being followed. “But seriously Leah, aren’t you super excited?”

Not being able to hide it anymore Leah joined Odette and smiled. “I’m super excited and nervous. What if they’re not as nice as we think?”

“Impossible” Odette recalled the description Shorty had given her of each member so that when they met she could know who everyone is.”Mi Sun unnie said they look different from how they act.”

“Speaking of Mi Sun look” Leah pointed across the street from where they were.

Shorty saw them at the same time and smiled. She raised her hand in the air and stuck her tongue out “guess who’s back” she shouted happily. Shorty had been glad to hear she hadn’t gotten found out and could come out of hiding. Now she was going to be able to show the two members in training to Jay.

Jung Kook stood a good distance away which made Mi Sun seem even smaller to him. “They know the middle schooler?” He couldn’t help but think she was no older than twelve. Although her clothes told a different story, he knew that was the type of clothes gang affiliated girls wore. “She must be the one introducing them to the Lady Killers. It seems they will be entertained tonight.”

After seeing Leah and Odette cross the street he went back to school. He knew Suga would be mad that he had to wait so long but not after Jung Kook told him everything he heard.

***

“Come on just tell me first” Suga kept asking Jung Kook to tell him what he had heard the entire ride.

“Why should I? You’re always looking down on me.”

“Fine whatever” he stepped down on the gas pedal making the car go faster. “Ungrateful brat” he muttered to himself. Because of the increase in speed they got back to the hangout fast. Jung Kook ran to the living room looking for Rap Monster knowing he would redeem himself with what he had heard.

Just like every Friday they were all gathered discussing what was going on this weekend. Suga and Jung Kook quickly sat down so Rap Monster could begin with the meeting.  “Jin will be unreachable Sunday, J-Hope and Jimin will be getting the new merchandise which leaves me no choice but to let Jung Kook tag along with you V.”

Jung Kook jumped out of his seat filled with excitement. “Yes! Today is my lucky day.”

V nodded not really caring much about who tagged along. He would just end up doing his own thing anyway but still was filled with curiosity. “Why won’t you be able to go with me?”

“I have personal matters to take care of.”

“Is it because of that school you’re going to now” J-Hope asked. He knew rap monster better than anyone and because of it he knew whatever he was doing must be important.

Rap Monster simply nodded. “Now anything else we should all know about?”

Jung Kook rose to the occasion and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter