Chapter 13: Enemies

Our Way of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Odette sat in the back seat of Ace’s car silently. This morning Ace picked her and Jay up along with Royal T so they could go to school. Jay was the first to be dropped off and now she was left in the back seat to think of everything. It was almost a week since Leah died. After her death she moved in with Jay and Hara, for those few days that she was adjusting she missed school. Now she would be going back for the first time since then, without her better half.

Ace and Royal T noticed how out of character Odette was. Jay had already told them not to say anything. Jay knew from experience that it was best to pretend everything was okay with them.

When they arrived in front of Odette’s school she got out of the car with a fake smile. “Thanks for the ride guys.”

Royal T put down the window and shouted out Odette’s name. When Odette turned around Royal T smiled “fighting!”

Odette smiled genuinely this time and nodded. She was glad to have people who were looking out for her. When they were gone she began to walk into the school. “I hope I can do this Leah” she said to herself.

When she entered the school everyone looked at her with sad eyes. She knew this would happen; everyone began to say how sorry they were for her loss. All she could do was act as if everything was okay. She just wished everyone would go on pretending like Leah was still there beside her.

Unlike her usual self Odette walked into the classroom before the bell rang and waited for the day to start.

Jung Kook entered the class a bit early as well. He had been looking for Odette out in the halls but didn’t see her. He wanted to make sure she hadn’t said anything about BTS.

As he got to his seat he noticed how she had her head down. It was strange to see her like this; she usually would be laughing and talking loudly.  He put down his stuff and sat down in his seat.

Odette looked up when she heard the noise beside her.

Jung Kook was glad he had gotten her attention. “Hey can I talk to you privately?”

“I’d rather not” she said as she put her head back down.

“It’s important.”

Odette sighed loudly “fine.” She got out of her seat and walked out of the classroom.

Jung Kook’s eyebrows furrowed “someone’s in a bad mood.” He followed her out to the halls. They went somewhere empty so no one would hear.

Odette waited silently for him to begin.

“I just wanted to ask you if you remember our promise.”

“The question is: have you” Odette said.

Jung Kook’s eyes widened. What the hell? Does she know I told? “What do you mean?”

“I didn’t mean anything when I said it. It was just one of the tests to see if you kept your promise which you didn’t” Before Jung Kook could ask how she knew that she began to explain “your eyes widened and you cleared your throat before answering, that along with the urgency you had to ask if I had kept the promise let me know that you yourself haven’t.” She crossed her arms “I expected it, that’s why I did the same.”

Who does she think she is? I am the one who reads people here. Did she study the same things I did? “What made you think I would tell?”

“Easy, it’s basic psychology. You unconsciously gave away a secret that is a sign of someone who cannot be trusted. It means weather you want to or not you will end up doing what is at your convenience. And it was very convenient for you to get on your gang’s good side by giving some information to them.”

Jung Kook knew she had perfectly evaluated him. But he too had something up his sleeve. “No matter it’s only a matter of time before you go crazy because of the death of your sister.”

Odette smirked “you think you can pull that crap on me? I know what you are trying to do and it won’t work.” He was trying to make her give in to the sadness and despair she was feeling because of the loss of her sister. He wanted her to focus on that so the information she gives would seem un-reliable.

“We’ll see who wins” he said before walking away.

At that moment Odette felt something she hadn’t felt before. She had this sudden urge to hit him until he couldn’t breathe. She felt the urge to kill him. It was clear the two of them were now enemies.

***

Because of what Ace told her Royal T now had to spend most of her free time around Jin. After their date Saturday she had become even closer to Aleyna. On Sunday she went over with the excuse that she had gone and to play with her. The whole time making sure Jin was within her sight.

She had to tell Ace if he met with his friends and the things they talk about but nothing like that happened on Sunday. He was just being lazy around his house. When Aleyna suggested they go play outside Mrs. Kim told him to go along. All he did was lay by a tree watching as Royal T taught Aleyna how to swing herself faster.

Now, even though she didn’t want people from school knowing about her agreement with him she had no choice but to make it clear. She was going to sacrifice herself and stay by his side and seem like a loving girlfriend while making it clear she wasn’t interested in joining his extensive list of female companions.

On her first break Royal T asked around to see if anyone had seen him. Someone told her he hadn’t gone to his first class but that wasn’t surprising. She kept looking for him until finally she found him; he was sitting with a girl on his lap in a lonely area out in the gardens of the school. The place was probably chosen by him for its seclusion. He could do whatever he wanted to the girl without people seeing him.

Jin was smiling at the girl that was with him. “Did you know your eyes sparkle more than diamonds?”

Royal T couldn’t take it; that was the cheesiest line she had ever heard. She covered with both hands as she tried to control her laughter but it was just too much.

Jin heard her and immediately stood up making the girl that was on his lap fall.

Royal T recognized the girl when she saw her fall. She was Lee Ana, a spoiled who thought she was the queen of the school ever since she transferred there a month ago. Ace had told Royal T how the girl was in a class with her and all she ever did was talk about herself and what she has done overseas. Royal T on the other hand hadn’t met her.

Ana scoffed as she got up from the ground wiping off the dirt and leaves that have fallen as a symbol of November settling in. “Oppa how could you drop me?”

Jin didn’t know what to say without introducing Autumn as his girlfriend. But just what kind of player would he be if he wasn’t able to lie through his teeth. “Sorry baby it’s just that I realized we were being watched and I didn’t want her to spread rumors about us being together.”

“Why not?” Ana got close to him again. With a playful smirk she began to run her hands all over his chest. “I think that would be a good thing because then all the girls would know you like me and back off.”

Jin panicked knowing Autumn could use what Ana said as a way to break off their deal. Then he wouldn’t get his money back. Royal T on the other hand was enjoying the show. Ana hadn’t turned around to recognize her presence; she had just continued trying to get Jin. He lightly pushed her away “I don’t think so.”

“What do you mean Oppa” Ana said through gritted teeth. She felt anger coursing through her veins at the thought of him turning her down completely and in front of another girl.

Royal T laughed out loud after seeing Ana’s expression. Ana turned around for the first time to face her and screamed “shut up you idiot, don’t you know when you aren’t wanted?!”

“Don’t you” Royal T asked back causing Ana to stutter from shock. “Wh-what?! Who do you think you are talking to me like that?”

Royal T sighed seeing how high headed she was just because she was from overseas. “Can’t you take a hint? Obviously Seok Jin isn’t going to trade in all of his girls for you.” All Royal T wanted was to let the girl see clearly and get the chance to leave before her pride got hurt. “Why don’t you break things off now instead of having people talk about how your boyfriend cheats on you when you turn your back?” She knew all too well what it feels like to hear what people said when she wasn’t around.

“It sounds like you are concerned for me but in reality you want me out of the way so you can have him.”

In a way she was right. It wasn’t by choice but Royal T wanted her to get away from Jin so she could let him know her plans. “In a way yes but not the way you think. He is the one who needs me.”

Jin felt his lips curve to smile when she said yes but soon it faltered when she said it was him who needed her. It was like reality had slapped him across the face.  He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed “that’s true.”

Ana became furious “like you said what makes you think he is going to trade all of his girls for you?”

“He has no choice if he intends to get the m-” Jin quickly reacted and covered with his hand. “Like she said I have no choice because I want her to marry me like we planned.”

“What” Ana exclaimed. Royal T did the same but hers was muffled thanks to his hand still covering . She began to thrash around trying to get his hand off. Jin didn’t hold back this time and used his strength to contain her even though she was a girl. He couldn’t let her tell Ana that he didn’t have his money. She would surely let all the other girls know and none would come back to him.

“So you two are engaged yet you tried to make a move on me just now” she asked in disbelief. “You really are a jerk and I’m glad to have found this out now rather than have people talk behind my back.”

Royal T rolled her eyes, “that’s what I was saying” she thought to herself.

“When all the girls hear this they won’t want to come near you.”

Jin’s eyes widened, he didn’t think she would warn the rest of the girls. “What?”

“Did you think I wouldn’t tell?” She smirked “everyone has to know the latest news.” She walked away leaving Royal T and Jin alone.

Jin’s hold on her loosened as he went into deep thought of his situation. Royal T took the chance and held onto his hand with both of hers, in one swift move she flipped him over causing him to land on his back. “Why did you tell her we were getting married when it might not happen?” Realizing there was no benefit in getting mad Royal T calmed down. “You know what it doesn’t matter” she sighed. “I guess this works in my favor” she whispered so he wouldn’t hear. “Because of what you did now we have to be together and act like a couple but don’t get any ideas.”

 It took Jin a while to regain himself and stand up. He couldn’t believe how she was able to flip him over so easily. “You already punched me the other day and now you throw me to the ground in public! What the hell do your parents feed you?”

Royal T rolled her eyes.

“Why did you come here anyway?”

Royal T began to laugh. “I” she couldn’t say more than a word before she laughed again. She calmed herself down then spoke “sorry it’s just that I can’t believe girls really fall for that crap you were saying when I got here.”

“Jealous?” he asked with a smirk.

She shook her head still smiling “never.”

“If you weren’t checking on me then why were you here?”

“That doesn’t matter anymore now that Ana knows about our deal.” She handed him a piece of paper. “That is my schedule, you are to pick me up from class and take me with you wherever you go. You can still be with your friends but I will have to be there. That way we can look like a normal couple. If you don’t do it and ruin my image by making it seem like I am easy to cheat on then I will call your mother and tell her the deal is off. Then how would you get your money?”

“This call your mother crap is getting old” he said. He wasn’t glad with the fact that she had something against him but he had nothing to use against her.

“Don’t worry all you have to do is everything I say and nothing will happen.”

Jin could tell it would be difficult to have her around all the time. If she was around he couldn’t have any girls with him to have fun. But maybe this meant she really did like him. Maybe she was using this as an excuse and everything was going in his favor. Soon he would have his money and maybe even a new girl by his side. “Fine but what about your friend Soo Mi?”

“Oh she’s too busy to hang out with me. She has a lot on her mind right now.” Royal T knew Ace would be spending most of her time in the library working on getting all the information she could on BTS.

***

The bell rang releasing J-Hope from his class. He stayed seated as he waited for everyone to leave so he didn’t have to deal with the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter