Chapter 22: Last Stand

Our Way of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Royal T stood in between Odette and Jay as they took her through the funeral once again. They went to the section of the graveyard that was reserved by Jay’s family. The place where her family, ex-gang members, and friends were buried. They got to Ace’s tombstone noticing how the flowers hadn’t fully wilted yet here they were again.

The tomb next to Ace’s was new. Last time Royal T was here there was nothing there. Now she sadly smiled as she saw Shorty’s name. She placed one of the bouquets of flowers she brought next to the tombstone. “I’m sorry for taking trouble to you.” She looked over at Ace’s final resting place and smiled. “Take care of her for us.”

She stood up and turned back to see only Odette was with her. “Where’s Jay?”

Odette pointed over to the top of the hill where Royal T knew Jay’s family was buried. “Let’s go.”

The two of them made their way up the hill. Odette held onto Royal T making sure she wouldn’t fall if she got one of her random dizzy moments because of the hit to the head that she had suffered.

When they got to the top they found Jay sitting in front of two tombs. Royal T went over and placed the other bouquet she brought on top of the newer of the two. “Thank you for taking care of us all these years unnie. I hope you and Youngwoon Oppa are happy being together again.”

Jay smiled seeing how pretty the two tombs looked. She had decided to burry Hara next to Youngwoon. A spot that originally belonged to her but decided it would be best for the two lovers to be together. “I’m sure Oppa is taking care of her.”

Royal T nodded in agreement. “He always took care of her.” As she looked at Youngwoon’s tombstone she noticed a red envelope hidden between the flowers. “Jay look” she pointed at it.

Jay immediately got up and took the envelope out. She flipped it and saw in bold black letters the word `Lust’. She opened it and took out a polaroid that showed someone with their arms and legs tied.

Royal T took the picture and inspected it further as Jay took out a piece of paper that was inside.

“Read it out loud” Odette said.

Jay then began to read it. “I have the person who killed your friend. If that’s not enough motivation for you to visit me then how about coming over to see your good old friend Minsoo? Come at 9 okay” Jay showed it to Royal T. “The drew a smiley face at the end.”

“You aren’t going right unnie?” Odette asked.

“Of course she isn’t” Royal T told Odette. She then turned to Jay for confirmation but after not getting an answer she began to worry. “Jay you know she is only doing this to get you in front of her. Yes she might have the person who killed Ace and even has Minsoo there. I know you want to get revenge for Ace and Jiho but it’s not worth it. She will only kill you.”

Jay shook her head. “It’s not just their revenge I want. I also need to get revenge for Shorty, Hara, and Leah too” she looked over at Odette who looked at her with a sad face. “Then there’s my original plan. The whole reason why I continued the Lady Killers, Youngwoon was killed by that crazy and it’s my job to return the favor.”

Royal T was beginning to get angered by Jay’s behavior. “So you will go even if it means getting killed?”

“Yes.”

Royal T sighed while looking at Odette. “I guess we have no choice then. We’ll have to go with you.” She began walking down the hill.

Jay and Odette followed behind her. Odette took hold of Royal T’s left side making sure she could catch her if anything happened while Jay walked behind them thinking about what could happen to Royal T when she has just been released from the hospital.

“You know normally I would accept your help but this time I’m going to have to decline. You can’t go anywhere with your injury. You aren’t fully recovered.”

“She’s right” Odette agreed.

Royal T shook her head, “well too bad, I’m going. You only have us left while Lust has all those girls with her.”

Hearing how outnumbered they would be did bring worry to Jay and even more to Odette. She turned back to look at Jay. “Unnie how about asking Rap Monster for help? Just this one time.”

Jay quickly shook her head, “never, I will never go to him.”

They had reached the end of the cemetery when Odette saw some familiar people standing in front as if they were waiting. This made Odette stop and ask Jay, “well what if he comes to you?”

Jay then lifts her head and looks in the direction Odette and Royal T were facing. She sees Rap Monster, Jin, and Suga were standing in front of them with worried faces.

Rap Monster was busy talking to Suga when they came out. Suga pointed over to Jay and Rap Monster instantly ran to her and hugged her tightly. “Thank god you’re safe.” He wouldn’t let go of her, he couldn’t let go. He was afraid she would be taken from him.

Jay sighed as she tried to control her face from becoming red. “What are you talking about? Get off of me.” She wiggled around trying to get out of his arms but failed as he used all his strength that he had hidden from her.

“Please just listen to me” he begged.

Jay stopped moving around and let herself relax. “Fine but let go of me.”

Rap Monster slowly let go making sure she wouldn’t run away after he let go of her. He then took out a letter that looked similar to the one Jay had found. “I got this in the mail today.”

Jay quickly took it from him and began to read it out loud. “Come if you want to save your girlfriend and your members.” She put the letter back in the envelope and gave it back to him.

“Lust wants them to be there too?” Royal T asked then suddenly got dizzy.

Odette was too concentrated on Jay that it took her a while to react and help Royal T.

When Jin saw Royal T getting dizzy and almost falling, he ran towards her and held her hand. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine” she said as she took her hand out of his.

“It’s probably Azure who wants you to go, not Lust. Tell me did you make your girlfriend mad?”

Rap Monster shook his head. “She isn’t even my girlfriend. I told you already. You are the only girlfriend I have ever had. All the other girls were just-”

Jay put her hand up to make him stop. “No need to go further. Just take care of your business and don’t let it interfere with mine.” Jay looked back at Odette and Royal T, “let’s go.”

“But unnie aren’t you going to ask for help?” Odette asked.

“I already told you-” this time Jay was the one who was silenced.

“Help? What is it you need help with? We will help you.” Rap Monster was eager to help out Jay. He wanted her to see she could rely on him. That he was still the guy she had decided to trust in and give the chance to become her boyfriend. He wasn’t sure with everything that was going on if she loved him but he hoped she did because he sure loved her.

Normally Royal T would be on Jay’s side, too proud to ask for help even if they need it. But, this time was an exception. They really needed the help and would have to put their ego aside. She took out the envelope they had found on Youngwoon’s grave and handed it to Rap Monster. “We also got a letter.”

“Royal T!” Jay exclaimed as she felt slightly betrayed.

“You know we need the help and if they are going to the same place we might as well go together.”

Odette nodded in agreement but avoided Jay’s gaze.

Rap Monster read through the letter and stopped as soon as he read a particular name. “Minsoo wants to see you? There is no way I’m going to let you go on your own if he’s there. We’ll all go together.” He then signaled for Suga to start the car.

Jin helped Royal T and Odette get inside the car while Rap Monster tried to do the same with Jay. “Please just let me do this for you.” He tried talking nicely to her.

Jay looked back and forth between her friends who were already inside the car and Rap Monster. She sighed as she felt defeated. “Fine” she guessed it was best this way. None of them could drive anyway and it would take longer to get to Neon on foot.

***

Azure sat in her chair biting her nails as she starred off thinking if Rap Monster would come. She could tell by the way he looked at Jay that he really did love her. The look he gave Jay was one he had never given her even though she had given him her body.

She felt hurt that he had ignored her completely after he met Jay. She wanted to take that happiness from him. All she wanted was to take her out of his life so he could turn back to her. Even I he didn’t give her the same look. At least she would have him.

Lust walked back and forth in front of Azure as she thought of her own plans. She knew going after Jay in her own property would be dangerous. Jay would have the upper hand and could surely beat her. Lust knew her only chance of winning was to play dirty and in her court.

She stopped as the door opened revealing Minsoo who was dragging three unconscious bodies behind him. “Where do you want the bait?”

“Just toss them to the side, I don’t care.” She continued to walk back and forth thinking of how she would finish off her revenge.

After putting Jungkook, J-Hope, and Jimin to the side Minsoo went over to Lust and stopped her from walking. “Remember you don’t touch Hyun Jae unless I say so.”

Lust smirked thinking how pathetic Minsoo was. “You are so pathetic; do you really think she is going to suddenly accept you? She is going to flat out reject you then you won’t be able to take it and that’s when I come in. I shoot her and make her join her jerk of a cousin and complete my revenge.”

“You say I’m pathetic?” This time he smirked. “You are the one who took being rejected to the next level. You want to kill her because Youngwoon didn’t want you.” Minsoo looked Lust up and down with a disgusted face. “I don’t blame him. I wouldn’t want a used piece of trash like you.”

“That’s enough you two!” Azure shouted making the room become silent. That is when they heard high pitched screams of pain coming from outside. “It seems our guests are here. Get everything ready.”

Lust and Minsoo parted getting the last things ready.

Minsoo unfolded a black cloth and put it over the three unconscious boys then went to hide until he made sure he could approach Hyun Jae.

The door opened before Lust could get in place. Pop came in with Candy draped around her. “They got her good. I don’t think she’ll make it” Pop said as she brought Candy close to Azure.

Azure then took a look at her youngest and noticed the deep wound in her abdomen. She knew it was a matter of seconds before she left this world. “You did good young one.”

Candy tried to smile as she heard her leader’s kind words but wasn’t able to as the blood came up . She soon took her last breath and lay limp in Pop’s arms.

Azure closed Candy’s eyes and looked over at Pop. “Are you okay?”

Pop nodded, “For now but they got me good. I think I have a broken rib and if there is internal bleeding I have to get to the hospital soon.”

“Then pray that we get this over with quickly.”

Pop nodded in agreement.

The door then opened again revealing Jay and the others.

Seeing Rap Monster and his gang with Jay made Azure confused. She was sure he had put a different time on his letter. She wanted him to come once Lust had beaten Jay up and left her unconscious. “Nam Joon you’re early.”

Lust smirked seeing the girl she had wanted to kill for years. “Oh my dearest Hyun Jae. I hope you are ready to reunite with your dear cousin because I’ll make sure to get you there as quickly as possible.”

Minsoo came out of his hiding spot as he saw Lust going after Jay. He held her back and tossed her to the side. “What did I tell you ?!”

Lust gritted her teeth as she felt the impact of the ground.

Minsoo then looked over at Jay with a smile on his face. “I’ve been waiting so long to see you again my dear Hyun Jae.” He began walking closer to her but stopped as Rap Monster got in front of her. “Still trying to get your dirty hands on my girl I see.”

Rap Monster smirked. “I’ve had my hands all over her…” he looks Jay up and down biting his lip “and my lips.”

Jay’s eyes widened hearing Rap Monster. “What are you talking about?”

Both Azure and Minsoo got heated as they heard Rap Monster’s confession. “You filthy bastard! Hyun Jae is mine!”

“You wish…” Rap Monster put his arm around Jay’s waist and pulled her towards him. He planted his lips on her and gave her a deep kiss proving Jay was his. When he pulled away he looked at Minsoo “…you could do this to her.”

That was the last straw. Minsoo had reached his limit and went towards Rap Monster, ready to kill him.

As they began to fight Azure thought it was the perfect moment to get Jay. Lust was lost for words as she saw Azure taking her target.

Soon Pop and Lust began to fight with Royal T and Odette. Jin and Suga took this opportunity to look for their missing members.

As soon as Lust got close Royal T hit a nerve on her wrist making Lust yelp. “ what did you do to me?”

“It’s called a pressure point. There are 107 more of those in case you’re wondering.”

“You think you’re clever don’t you?” Lust then grabbed Royal T by the hair and punched the side of her head making her fall to the ground with a pounding pain. “But I know your weakness. Just a few days ago you got hit in the head. I’m sure it’s still sensitive.” She then ran off.

Royal T grabbed her head feeling the pain was going to be the end of her and shouted as waves of pain hit her.

Her voice caught Jin’s attention making him turn towards her. He ran over to her and picked her up bridal style. “We need to get you out of here before you get even more hurt.”

“No I can’t leave Jay and Odette” Royal T protested but Jin didn’t pay her any attention. He got out of there and took her to the car.

Odette got on top of Pop and began hitting her in the face. She had remembered how Hara had fought in front of her. She didn’t know how to fight so her only chance was to repeat what Hara had done. Once Pop wasn’t struggling as much she took hold of her head and began to bash it into the ground until there was no movement.

Suga continued to look around for the guys until he finally found their bodies underneath the cloth. He quickly removed it and covered his mouth as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter