Chapter 16: Mavi

Our Way of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day when Jay woke up she decided to go looking for Minsoo. She needed to get to the bottom of everything. She got dressed and headed out the door. When she was about to open it Hara came in. “Hey is that guy outside waiting for you?”

Jay peeked out the door and spotted Nam Joon. What was he doing there when she hadn’t called him? “Uhhh yeah he is…”

“Who is he” Hara asked as she looked over at him. Just then Jay realized she hadn’t had the time to tell Hara about him.

“I’m sorry I hadn’t told you before unnie but that’s Nam Joon… my boyfriend.”

Hara’s eyes almost popped out of their sockets as she heard the last word. She quickly turned back around to take another look at him. “You have a boyfriend and you are just telling me now?”

“I’m sorry unnie I just kept forgetting.”

“Introduce me” Hara demanded. She needed to know more about the guy that was dating her sister-in-law. It was her duty to do these things in Young Woon’s place. She knew what kind of guy he would have wanted for his one and only little cousin.

Jay sighed “unnie don’t make a big deal out of this. It’s barely going to be a week of us being together, don’t make it seem like it’s been months and he has to meet my parents.”

“This is a big deal!” Hara began to walk back out towards Nam Joon. “He is your first boyfriend, he is coming here to pick you up and soon he will want to come inside so I have to make sure he can be trusted. Better me doing it than Young Woon.”

Jay walked behind Hara trying to catch up to her fast pace. She thought about what her cousin’s reaction would have been. He would have over reacted and probably put Nam Joon through hell. “Fine I guess but remember he is just my boyfriend, I’m not trying to marry the guy.”

“I won’t let that happen until you are at least 25 and still I will be keeping my eyes on you two.”

Nam Joon saw the girl that had gone into Jay’s house walking back out with Jay trailing behind her. He straightened up and became alert knowing something was up.

When they reached him Jay stood between them and introduced the two to each other. “Nam Joon this is my older sister Hara. Unnie this is Nam Joon my-”

“I’m her boyfriend Kim Nam Joon” he said and bowed to her. He had to make a good impression on her if he wanted to continue his relationship with Hyun Jae.

“What are your intentions with my Hyun Jae” Hara asked. Jay covered her face in embarrassment. Hara sounded more like a mother than a sister. She was asking such a question that it made her cringe.

Nam Joon smiled “well it’s too early to say since we have only been together a short time but I like her enough already to say that in the future I would love to marry her. And I would take full responsibility if we should ever have a baby out of marriage.”

This time Jay’s eyes were the ones to pop out. “What the hell are you talking about!?”

Hara began to laugh at the two of them. She placed her hands on her waist with a smile she wished Nam Joon luck. “Well good luck kid. This girl is so up-tight and never once had a crush on a guy; I bet you two haven’t even held hands let alone kiss.”

“Actually-”

“Well I think that’s enough for one day” Jay said interrupting Nam Joon. She began to push Hara back to the house; she did not need her to know anymore today. “I’ll be back later take care of Odette.” Jay ran back to Nam Joon’s side glad she was able to stop him. “Why did you have to go and say all that stuff?”

Rap Monster shrugged “it’s the truth though.”

“Whatever let’s not talk about that anymore.” Jay was feeling a blush coming on and quickly shook her head to get rid of it. “What are you doing here?”

“Being the good boyfriend that I am, I came to pick up my girl and take her to the hospital to see her friend.”

“Oh about that…” Jay remembered she hadn’t told him about her plans of visiting Minsoo. “I have to do something first.”

“What is it? I’ll go with you.”

“I’m going to see Minsoo and considering how he seems to not like you so much I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to come.” Jay remembered the last time the two had been together didn’t end so well.

“Well considering that he likes you so much I think I should go. Remember what happened last time? He forcefully kissed you and I’m sure he would do it again if he is given the chance. You going up to him is like inviting him to kiss you.”

“Nam Joon I’m not allowed to show other people where he lives. It’s a secret and even though he did something to make me mad at him I still want to keep my promise.”

“Why do you need to see him so badly?”

“Yesterday at the hospital the nurse said Jiho wasn’t going to get the plug pulled on him. Minsoo told me they were giving him a week before that happened and I need to know why he lied to me. I need to know his intentions.” Jiho was the only reason Jay was even considering seeing Minsoo face to face. She really wanted to avoid him for a bit longer. She still didn’t know if she could continue her friendship with him. He had done something almost unforgivable.

Jay then realized there was a better way of monitoring and confronting the whole situation. “I could wait for him to show up at the hospital when he visits Jiho.”

Rap Monster nodded liking that idea better. “That sounds better. Besides like that he won’t have any excuses. He will have to tell you what is going on and we can even ask the doctor if what Minsoo says is true.”

After agreeing on the new plan Rap Monster drove Jay to the hospital. When they got there Jay asked the front desk to inform her when a Jiho would get a visitor. Once the nurse agreed Jay and Rap Monster went to see Shorty.

Jay opened the door to Shorty’s room slowly not sure if she was awake already. When she entered she found Shorty sitting up with a tray of breakfast food in front of her.

Shorty looked up with a smile and tears threatening to spill out. Jay smiled back at her and immediately went to hug her. Shorty couldn’t handle it anymore and cried. She didn’t think this moment would have come. The last thing she remembered was thinking she was as good as dead. How could she ever have thought the girl hugging her at the moment wouldn’t go to her rescue?

“How do you feel?”

Shorty pulled away wiping her eyes. “Awful… I doubted you. I thought you all had forgotten about me.”

“Idiot, we wouldn’t forget you. I am sorry that you had to go through so much pain and suffering before we got you back.”

Shorty shook her head “it’s okay as long as no one knows.” Shorty was aware of the unknown male’s presence in the room. She couldn’t go into detail about everything with him there. “By the way Hyun Jae, who is he?”

Shorty hardly ever went to Jay’s house. She was always staying in her apartment or sticking to the side of the city she lived in. She had never known about Nam Joon being her friend even less that he was her boyfriend. “Oh Mi Sun this is Nam Joon my boyfriend.”

“Boyfriend!” Shorty was shocked.

Rap Monster smiled as he approached her. “I’m glad to see you are doing better than last time I saw you.”

“We’ve met before?”

“He’s the one who helped me get you here.”

“I guess I should thank you as well for saving me” Shorty said.

Rap Monster shook his head “no need, I’m just glad to help.”

After staying with Shorty for a while a nurse walked in letting Jay and Rap Monster know they had to leave. Shorty was still under close watch. Her visits were limited and was being given medicine every two hours. Just as the nurse was sticking the medicine in her IV Shorty got a flash of a memory in her head. She remembered Minsoo was the person who ordered Big Bang to keep her hostage. The leader of Teen Top had betrayed Jay and she needed to know immediately.

“Hyun Jae” Shorty said in a low whisper as her eyes began to close. The medicine was strong and kicked in fast. She was already falling asleep without letting Jay know something so important. She had fought a strong battle already. Now that she was safe in the hospital it seemed she had let herself become at ease and her fighting spirit diminished. She couldn’t keep her eyes open long enough to call out for her again.

Jay stood still thinking she heard someone call her. She looked around to see if anyone was around. Rap Monster stopped too and looked at her “what’s wrong.”

Jay shook her head “I thought I heard my name.”

“I didn’t hear anything” he said causing her to let it go and continue walking down the hall. Suddenly she felt her hand being held and already knew it was Nam Joon. She was beginning to get use to him and his actions. As they got closer to Jiho’s room she saw the door close as if someone had just gone in.

“Let’s see how Jiho is doing” Jay told Nam Joon. He quickly agreed and walked along with her to the room. When they got to the door Nam Joon opened it and entered first.

Minsoo looked up as he saw the door open. His eyebrows burrowed as he saw Nam Joon enter. “What are you doing here?”

Nam Joon did not answer as Jay entered behind him.

“Hyun J-“ Minsoo stopped as he saw her hand interlocked with Nam Joon’s. What was going on? That was supposed to be something he and she would do together when they became a couple. “Why is HE holding your hand?!”

Hearing his tone of voice Jay became angry. “Shut up Minsoo!” she shouted. There was a lot of rage inside her at the moment that was caused by him and she would direct it back at him. “I should be the angry one here. You lied to me and I need to know why.”

“What are you talking about?”

“You said the hospital was giving Jiho a week to wake up. I came here yesterday and they told me that was a lie. Are you planning on pulling the plug on your own best friend?”

Minsoo was listening to everything Jay said but he was even more focused on Nam Joon. He saw Nam Joon tighten his hold on her and couldn’t help but grit his teeth. He knew Nam Joon noticed the effect it had on him because he did it again and made him snap. “First tell me why that good for nothing jerk is holding hands with you!?”

“The only jerk here is you. Nam Joon is my boyfriend, I allow him to do this. He wouldn’t do it unless he had my permission, unlike others.” She had the moment replaying in her head of when he had forced a kiss on her.

“He can’t be your boyfriend!” He approached Nam Joon. “You bastard you knew I loved her and you played this dirty trick. I’ll make you pay.”

“Minsoo!” Jay was really on her last nerve at the moment with Minsoo. “Stop your foolishness. Now answer me.”

He walked back to Jiho’s side and held on to the breathing mask that was on him. “You want to know why?”

This made Jay let go of Nam Joon and take a step closer. “What are you doing Minsoo?!”

“Stop right there!” Seeing her stop proved everything in Minsoo’s mind. “You will do anything for Jiho. It’s like he’s your best friend not mine. He is always on your side and never once have you two fought. I planned to use it to my benefit.” Minsoo slightly lifted the mask off of Jiho causing his heart rate to accelerate as if he was panicking while in his sleeping state.

Jay began to panic hearing the beeping. Nam Joon went for the door but was stopped by Minsoo. “Stop right there. You have to listen to this too” Minsoo said. Nam Joon stood his ground and listened.

Minsoo smirked “Hyun Jae baby if you want our dear friend Jiho to keep living then you will do the right thing and become my girlfriend.”

“You’re an idiot Minsoo!” Jay shouted at him and continued to go towards him. She could see Jiho’s mouth was beginning to bubble and foam. “You need to put the mask back so he can breathe or he will die.”

Before she could reach him Minsoo pulled out a gun. “I can’t believe you Hyun Jae. I confessed my love for you already and even proved it to you. I put all my heart and emotions into that kiss yet here you are denying me even when it means the life of your friend.”

As Jay looked into Minsoo’s eyes she saw how blank they were. It was as if he had become completely absorbed into the moment. This could mean he wasn’t completely in control of his actions. She stood still not wanting him to shoot.

Minsoo pointed the gun at Nam Joon. “Now say you love me or I kill both Nam Joon and Jiho.”

Jay sighed; she couldn’t believe what was happening at the moment. How was he able to get a gun inside the hospital without anyone noticing? Figuring she had no other choice Jay knew she had to say it.

“No!” Shorty burst through the door. She had taken her IV drip off and limped through the hall of the hospital. Initially her destination was the waiting room in hopes of catching up to Jay but as she was walking by the room she heard the familiar voice of Minsoo. The voice that had tortured her for so long.

Minsoo’s eyes widened as he saw her there in front of him. “What are you doing here?!”

Nam Joon quickly helped her by letting her use him to lean on. She was breathing hard as she felt the pain in her body along with the sleepiness of the medication. “Unnie don’t say anything to him. He is the one who did all this to me.”

“Shut up!” Minsoo shouted.

“He was behind everything. He betrayed you and his own gang. He hired Big Bang to help him lure the Lady Killers out and kill them off so he could get to you. Because of him I suffered the worst kind of pain a girl can ever go through.” Shorty began to cry as she thought about it all.

Minsoo threw Jiho’s mask behind him. “You !” he shouted as he aimed for Shorty. In the blink of an eye Minsoo shot the gun. Nam Joon quickly reacted and pushed Shorty away. The bullet only scraped his left arm and lodged itself in the wall behind him.

Jay took this opportunity and ran towards Minsoo. He quickly reacted and once more fired the gun.

Jay fell to the ground wincing in pain.

Minsoo dropped the gun as he saw what he had done to the love of his life. She was bleeding all over the floor as she applied pressure to her leg. He had shot her in the left thigh and by the looks of it the bullet had stayed inside. “Hyun Jae I…” M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter