Chapter 19: Ace

Our Way of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jay’s eyes opened as she heard a loud bang come from downstairs. The house was big and if she could hear the noise all the way upstairs it meant it must be loud. She quickly grabbed her gun and ran out the door bumping into Odette who also had heard the noise.

“Aish” Jay shouted as she rubbed her forehead. “Odette watch where you’re going.”

“Sorry unnie I just heard a noise and thought I should check it out.”

Jay looked at Odette’s state. She was wearing an oversized shirt and shorts; her hair was in a tangled state as she held a bat in her hands. “Who do you think you are going to scare off like that? Besides where did you get that bat from?”

Odette looked down at herself seeing what Jay meant. “I found it in the room. I thought it was yours.”

“I don’t remember having a bat” Jay shook her head realizing they were just wasting time talking. “Let’s just go check out what that noise was.” She led the way downstairs as Odette followed close behind.

When they got downstairs Jay turned the lights on and was a bit surprised when she saw the girl had fallen off of the couch and onto the floor. She had almost forgotten they had someone tied up in the living room.

Ahri squirmed around on the floor as she tried to get up. It was a difficult task when both her hands and legs were tied. Now that she saw two girls in front of her she tried to ask for help but her words were muffled with the bandana that was covering since the day before.

Odette sighed in relief; seeing it wasn’t an intruder she finally let her guard down. She pointed at the clock that was mounted on the wall. “Unnie it’s just 3:20 am. I won’t be able to go back to sleep and wake up in less than four hours.”

“Then just stay up or don’t go to school. It’s just Friday, not like there’s much to do.” Jay went over to Ahri and lifted her up on her feet.

Once Ahri was on her feet she sat back down on the couch looking at Jay. “I swear I’ve seen her before” Ahri told herself.

Odette thought about the options Jay gave her. If it were any other day she would easily have taken the chance to stay home from school but not today. She really wanted to know what Cherry had told Jung Kook. Even if she had to bother him all day she would. “I have to go tomorrow and take care of a few things so I can’t stay.”

Jay shrugged “suit yourself.” She then took the bandana off of Ahri’s mouth so she could respond to her. “Are you hurt? That sounded like a loud hit.” She didn’t want to return damaged goods when the time came.

“My head” Ahri said as she shut her eyes.

“No way that noise was your head hitting the ground?” Odette began to laugh as she imagined it in her head.

“Yah!” Ahri got mad at Odette.

“Odette go get the painkillers.” Odette immediately went for them while Jay went to get a bottle of water. After Ahri drank the pain killers she took her opportunity without the bandana to talk. “If you really are the oh so famous Lim Hyun Jae then where are all the guys from the Lady Killers? I haven’t seen any of them. I thought they lived here. Where are they? They don’t stand a chance against Taehyung Oppa.”

Odette rolled her eyes as she heard Ahri begin to rant. Question after question followed by a bunch of nonsense statements. She went over to Jay and grabbed the bandana. She put it back on Ahri “I liked her better this way.”

Jay had to agree with her but none the less she removed the bandana. “You do realize you’re in no position to be asking questions right? At this moment you shouldn’t be pushing your luck by questioning your surroundings. Just answer my questions and I think everything will go smoothly. If I answered your questions then I would have to kill you.”

“You don’t scare me” Ahri shouted to Jay’s face. “My Taehyung won’t stop looking for me until I’m safe in his arms.”

“Who is Taehyung?”

“Of course he is a member of BTS. He will get his gang to kill all of you for what you did to me.”

Jay smirked hearing a name Ace hadn’t mentioned to be a BTS member. “So there aren’t only six members.” Jay looked over at Odette. “Give the name to Ace.”

“Yah! What are you planning to do with my Oppa?!”

This time Jay was the one to put the bandana back on. “I agree with Odette, you are much better this way.”

***

Odette rushed through the halls of the school. After having told Ace about the seventh member of BTS she and Jay ended up falling back asleep in the living room.

They were supposed to stay up and wait for when Hara arrived home from work but the sleepiness won them over. Both of them fell asleep in odd positions, Jay on a small spot on the couch that wasn’t being occupied by Ahri and Odette on the ground close to her.

Although Hara woke her up and drove her to school at full speed Odette was a few minutes late. It didn’t really matter to her, after all she would ask Jung Kook when they had lunch break.

Once it was lunch break Odette looked around for Jung Kook. She went to all the places she could think of but couldn’t find him. It seemed to her that he hadn’t gone to school.

Finally giving up she went to the girl’s restroom. When she got to it she pushed the door but it didn’t open like it usually does. The door didn’t budge and seemed heavier. She stepped back for a moment then kicked the door.

The door swung open revealing Jung Kook on the ground with a girl on top of him. “Boy you really are like your hyung. Soo Mi unnie told me he was the player out of all of you but it seems you’re not so behind. Not once have I seen you with the same girl.”

Jung Kook angrily stood up not forgetting to pick up the girl as well. “Hyejin I’ll talk to you later.” The girl took her cue to leave without a word. After she was gone he looked at Odette with a cold stare. “You think you know everything about me don’t you?”

“Because I do.”

“Have your Lady Killer friends been spying on me and telling you everything I do?”

Odette shook her head. “There’s no need for that.”

“And why does it seem like every time I’m with a girl you seem to interrupt me? Today is the second day in a row, are you jealous or something?”

“Never, I just wanted to ask what it was you and Cherry talked about yesterday.”

“Why are you so interested?”

“Well I am the one who helped her find you so in a way you owe me. Even if we are enemies you should handle this situation like a man and do the right thing by repaying me in the form of letting me know what you two talked about. I’m not asking for much.”

“It’s none of your business.” He moved her to the side and stepped out of the girl’s restroom.

But of course Odette wouldn’t give up so easily. She went in front of him and stopped him from going further. “You really are a pain in the you know?”

“Shouldn’t that be my line?”

“I’m not the one who doesn’t know proper behavior. You really won’t fit in at the party tonight.”

Jung Kook shook his head. “I’m not going to hyung’s party.”

“Why not? Does it have to do with what Cherry told you yesterday?”

Jung Kook completely ignored her and walked away.

Odette scoffed “the nerve of some people!”

***

Shorty knocked on the door of Jay’s house. It was still pretty early in the mornin. She knew Jay would be surprised to see her.

When Jay opened the door she rubbed her eyes thinking twice if Shorty was really at her house in the morning. “What are you doing here at this time? You don’t wake up till mid day.”

Shorty got inside not wanting to waste any time. “It’s an emergency. I need you to come with me.”

“Why?”

“I caught a member of Neon following me and took action. I have her at my hideout tied up so you can question her. She had a picture of me from four years ago. I don’t know how she got it but she said they had more. What if they know about u-“ Shorty stopped realizing Ahri was listening. “There is a high possibility more than one person may know about the secret.”

Jay quickly grabbed her bag from the table close by. “Hara take care of Ahri. I’m going with Mi Sun.”

Hara nodded as she watched the two girls leave.

When they arrived at the hideout Shorty led the way. “The girl was pretty much scared less last night when I caught her and started asking questions so you might want to cut back on the Jay and interrogate her more like Hyun Jae would.”

Jay nodded, “I think I could do that.” After a short pause she spoke again. “That is if I don’t get pissed off with what she tells me.”

Shorty opened the door of the room she had left Mavi in. When she looked over to the seat she had left her tied up to she found it empty. “!” The rope that she had used to tie her up was on the ground. She picked it up seeing it had been cut. This obviously meant someone had come for her.

No words were needed for Shorty. She knew what Jay was thinking at that moment. “Tell Royal T I’m sorry about not making it to her party.”

“I would… If I were going.” Shorty immediately gave her a questionable look. “It’s obvious I too have to do something and go after her. Besides I still have another living, breathing problem at home. Hara and Odette will be going to the party; I can’t leave her there alone so I will be returning her somehow.”

Shorty couldn’t help but question the events that have happened recently. “What’s happening to us Jay?”

Jay stayed silent looking into Shorty trying to figure out where the conversation was headed.

“I never mess up, WE never mess up” she added to include her as well. “We’ve been doing this kind of stuff for over four years now and never once had a problem. I never got caught, I never got hurt, I always killed those who crossed my path, and no one had ever gotten away with their life. And you…” Shorty smiled. “You always kept calm. Never once have you given someone the benefit of the doubt. You always trusted Ace’s word. Always told Royal T to keep her emotions in check and think before acting but now… she is getting engaged to an enemy, Ace is being left out of everything looking like the bad guy, you are acting crazy going after some insignificant group of girls and ignoring the fact that you might be involved with the leader of a gang that can end all of us.”

“It’s not an insignificant group of girls. “ Jay took a deep breath. She didn’t want to say anything she would regret later. “Let’s just take it one problem at a time.”

***

“Are you sure you have to do this tonight” Hara asked as she watched Jay getting her stuff together in her room. 

“I have to get rid of this girl so I can help Shorty out with the other” she responded as she put her hair up in a pony tail. “We might be able to find Lust soon if I can help out Shorty.”

“What do you mean” Hara asked suddenly becoming interested.

“The girl Shorty had caught was a part of Neon. Neon 6 has been expanding and now has a group of girls with outrageous hair and crazy thoughts running around the streets. I will bet anything that girl Shorty talked to can get us closer to Lust.”

Hara immediately gave up the idea of stopping Jay from proceeding with her plans. Finding Lust was all that mattered. “Good luck then. I hope you find her so she can finally pay for what she has done. “

Jay nodded then went downstairs to confront Ahri. “I will be taking you back home now on one condition.” She took off the bandana from Ahri’s mouth so she could speak. “Take me to where your Taehyung Oppa is.” Jay really wanted to see the member and maybe he would turn out to actually be the leader of BTS.

Ahri smirked “no problem.” She knew her Oppa could take anything. This girl would surely suffer for having treated her so badly.

***

V was in the club along with the DJ and two bartenders, one male and the other female, that were part of his staff. He was making sure everything was in order for when they open in a few hours. V was seated at the bar looking through his phone when a knock was heard at the door. He, along with the staff, looked towards the door. “Someone go get it.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter