Chapter 21: Hara

Our Way of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Candy walked into Neon’s hideout knowing only her new recruits would be there. When she opened the door the six new recruits stood up greeting her. “We are ready for first inspection.”

Candy smiled liking how even at her young age she had power over these girls who aged from fifteen to seventeen. “Hoods and hats off” she instructed as she began at one side. She was making sure they had followed the instructions given to them in order to become a Neon. They had to get their hair dyed.

As she passed in front of each girl she was sure to check their hair to be different from the existing members. Once they all passed she made a phone call and within minutes the door opened revealing yet another member of the original Neon 6.

“Candy take this for me.” Pop handed her a folder she had in her hands. Candy may be above the recruits but Pop was above Candy. She was the informant of Neon and had an ongoing battle with Ace without knowing her identity. “Now you six will go on your first mission.” Pop signaled Candy.

Candy opened the file and took out the pictures inside. She handed one to every two girls.

Pop pointed at the first two. “You two will go after Song Autumn aka Royal T. She is your average rich girl living in a huge mansion in Lady Killers territory but is also the not so average member of the gang. Don’t let her appearance fool you.”

The two girls with Royal T’s picture looked down noticing how innocent she looked. Glasses and pony tails didn’t exactly scream gang member to them. They didn’t think there was anything to be cautious about.

“Royal T specializes in hand-to-hand combat. She is familiar with every bone, nerve, and pressure point in the body. If you get to close to her she can leave you temporarily paralyzed in the time it takes you to blink.”

With those words the two girls began to worry. They couldn’t get close so they would have to make a plan.

“You will kidnap her and bring her here. We need her as bait.” After the girls nodded in understanding she moved on. “You two” Pop pointed at the two girls in the middle who were talking about how they had already seen the girl in their picture before. “You will terminate the subject known as Odette. She is the newest and youngest member. She should be easy to get rid of. She has no field practice and was only brought as half of an addition known as the Leo Twins. The two were trackers and are good with improvising. As long as you proceed with caution you can get it done easily. She lives in the Lady Killers hideout so you will have to wait until she goes out.”

The two girls nodded. “We can do it after school. She goes to the same high school as us” the girl with long Lavender hair said.

“Just don’t do it too close to the school, we don’t want witnesses.” Once the girls nodded in understanding she moved on to the last two. “You two have a picture of Shorty. She is in charge of security for the Lady Killers, meaning she is sent to terminate anything that gets in their way. She is an expert marksman and thanks to her height and small figure she is also a great escape artist. She is good at keeping a low profile and that is why I don’t have much to tell you. It’s not that I can’t find the information but that it doesn’t exist. You two will be in charge of checking both her home and her own personal hideout and reporting to Max who will take care of her.” She turned to them with a smile on her face. “Any questions?’

The two new recruits shook their head.

“Good then start as soon as possible. We have to get this done in the next two days.” Pop waited for the six new recruits to leave first before leaving as well. As she got to the door she was stopped by Candy.

“Hey Pop why in two days? What’s the rush?”

“Lust’s orders” she simply answered and left.

Candy sighed; she feared the return of Lust had affected them negatively. It didn’t seem like Azure was the leader anymore. It was as if Lust had taken over and told everyone to work around her personal agenda. She wanted help finding Hara and Jay when it was of no value for them to get involved and kill them.

She felt only bad things would come in the next couple of days.

***

Jay ran as fast as she could to reach the house after getting a call from Hara telling her to get back immediately. She had been out searching for Odette who hadn’t come home after school. The sun had already set and soon darkness would conquer the sky yet Odette hadn’t so much as called them.

When Jay arrived at the house she panted trying to catch her breath. “Did…Odette… call?” each word harder than the last. Soon she found her breathe again as she gasped seeing Shorty spilling gallons of blood all over the living room floor and in the arms of Royal T who had a trail of blood running out of her ear and head as if she had been hit with great force. “What happened?”

Jay quickly ran over to them removing Royal T and taking Shorty’s head into her lap. “Royal T go look for~” as soon as Jay looked back at Royal T she saw her fall to the ground unconscious. “Royal T! Autumn! Autumn get up! What the is going on here!?” She carefully placed Shorty’s head on the ground and went towards Royal T.

Once she was at a close distance Jay noticed the lump forming on Royal T’s head which indicated she had been hit quite hard. She knew then that Royal T must be having a concussion. She lifted her hand feeling a pulse and knew she was okay. It wasn’t slow or showing signs of slowing down anytime soon. She knew she could leave her for a moment and attend to Shorty who had clearly taken a bullet to the chest.

“Hara!” Jay shouted as she tried to call out for her unnie’s help.

“She-she left” Shorty gasped trying to speak some more. “Looking...Odette” she winced as Jay placed pressure on the wound on her chest.

“ what am I supposed to do now? If I call the ambulance the police will come and start asking questions.” Jay gritted her teeth knowing she had to keep pressure on the wound so she wouldn’t lose anymore blood. Clearly she had lost enough already. With no choice left Jay quickly called for the ambulance and hung up. “J-jay…Neon.”

“Neon did this to you?” She dropped the phone not caring about it at all in that moment.

Shorty nodded and took a deep breath. “Ace~” Shorty began to cough suffocating on the blood that filled her lungs.

“What about Ace?” Jay feared Shorty had found something out and wouldn’t be able to tell her. “Come on Shorty what about Ace?”

“Ace… want to kill… BTS.”

Jay sighed in desperation “I know, I know, Ace wanted to kill BTS because of Namjoon.”

“BTS…kill…Ace” she coughed louder, this time causing blood to fall out the edges o .

Jay released the pressure she had been applying to Shorty’s wound as she heard her. “It can’t be.” How could, or why would BTS even kill Ace when they hadn’t done anything to them. “Why Shorty? Why?”

“Acc-acc” since Jay released the pressure blood from Shorty’s lungs began to run up causing her to cough and gag on her own blood. As her eyes began to close she mouthed out the word she had tried to say earlier.

Jay shook her a bit wanting to wake her up. “What is it Shorty? Tell me?” She heard the ambulance outside the door and smiled. “Just hold on Shorty.”

But it was too late. Shorty mouthed out `accident’ to Jay one last time before her eyes closed and her body went limp.

Jay couldn’t tell what it was Shorty had tried to tell her last but as the paramedics entered the house she quickly got them to take Shorty. As soon as they got to her they took her wrist trying to feel her pulse but there was none. The paramedic shook his head and let her arm down.

“No Shorty” Jay already knew what would come next.

Another one of them placed a blanket over Shorty’s full body making Jay face the reality that Shorty was gone for good. Another one of her close friends had been killed thanks to her.

The anger in her rose and in that moment she became stiff. Her hearing had gone and her vision was blurry. All she saw was shapes. She shook her head gaining her sight back only to see an unconscious Royal T being wheeled out and put into an ambulance.  

Her anger produced adrenaline and now she ran to the ambulance where they had put Royal T. When she caught up she tried to go into the ambulance wanting to go along with her but was stopped. “Sorry Miss but you can’t come along. She is in critical condition just meet her at the hospital.” With that the paramedic closed the doors and they drove off at full speed.

A police officer pulled Jay out of her trance by putting his hand on her shoulder. “Miss Lim I’m afraid you are going to have to answer a few questions.”

Jay shoved the officer’s arm off and backed away. “I can’t right now. Can’t you see what happened? I need to find who did this. I only called the ambulance now get out.”

The officer got closer not liking Jay’s actions. “Miss Lim leave this to us. Just come with us down to the station and answer a few questions.” Again the officer tried getting a hold of her and leading her to the car but she circled out of his hold.

“That would be a waste of time. I still have two others missing and one on the edge of death. I can’t waste time answering your stupid useless questions. Now get off of my property.”

The police officers knew there was nothing they could do. They were on private property owned by Jay and could not be there unless she allowed it. They didn’t know anything about the events and therefore couldn’t say murder had occurred or that Jay was to blame so they left.

Once they were gone Jay went back in and saw the white blanket that had been placed over Shorty was now becoming consumed by red. The blood was staining the clean white sheet before her body could be taken out of there.

A paramedic came over to Jay and looked at her with sympathy. “We will be taking them to the same hospital. Do you know who we should contact to make the decision for her funeral?”

“Me, I’ll take care of everything.”

Jay looked too young to the paramedic so he tried again. “Miss we need her parents or other family members to make the decision.”

“Mi Sun was born an orphan and has no family. I am the one who will take care of her final expenses.”

The paramedic nodded, “Very well then, burial or cremation?”

“Burial” Jay said as she followed Shorty’s body out of the door. Seeing another ambulance leave made Jay sigh in despair.

It’s as if Mother Nature pitied her and felt her emotions. It began to rain heavily soaking her body immediately. “Oh great!”  At that moment she couldn’t help it anymore and broke down completely. She fell to her knees and let her tears fall freely knowing the rain would cover them up. “Why the is all this happening!?”

She yanked her glasses off and threw them in the distance, not caring where they landed or if she ever found them again. With the sleeves of her sweater she wiped her eyes. When she found it pointless she just covered her eyes and began crying out loud; after all there was no one around to see her.

Rap Monster had wanted to see Jay ever since the day of the club. He wanted to let her know how much he loved her. How it never even crossed his mind to use her. He had genuinely fallen in love with her and because of it he had respected her wishes to keep away but today was different.

He had been in bed for two days straight thinking about how much he missed her and thought he had enough. He got up and drove to her side of town. When he got there he saw the ambulance leaving her house and became worried something might have happened to her.

When he ran past the gates he witnessed Jay throwing her glasses and wiping her eyes furiously. He stopped as he heard her shouting and crying at the same time. Once she covered her eyes and began crying out loud he began walking towards her again. All he wanted to do was hug her and that’s exactly what he did.

Jay jumped up surprised when she felt someone’s arms around her. She relaxed as she got his scent and knew it was Namjoon. She felt relieved and safe but the moment only lasted a few seconds before her she came back to her senses and shoved him away. “What the are you doing here!?”

Rap Monster fell back but instantly got back up trying to get close to her again. “Hyun Jae I-”

Jay shook her head with a sarcastic smile on her face. “Why are you calling me that? Don’t act like you don’t know who I am. On

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter