What's wrong?

With You

Weeks have passed since Hyunju's birthday and expectedly, Luhan and Hyunju are back in good terms. They went home from school together and ate lunch with Baekhyun together again. But not today. Hyunju was busy in finishing her research paper in Physics by the library, so Luhan was stuck with Baekhyun in the cafeteria. If Baekhyun wasn't Luhan's friend, he might have sewn Baekhyun's mouth with a thread and a needle by now. He just can't stop the boy from talking if Baekhyun always has the chance. Luhan was pretty sure that Baekhyun was talking about Chanyeol, but he really didn't listen so he does not know what Baekhyun was specifically saying. There, he picked on his food lazily as he frown by his friends's annoying voice.

 

 

 

"Hey Luhan, are you even listening?" Baekhyun nudged his friend who stared at the spaghetti on the plate. "Yeah." he replied.

 

 

"As I was saying, Chanyeol texted me last night! Can't you atleast show a little happiness for your friend?!" Baekhyun's eyes lightened as Luhan looked at him. He knew that Baekhyun won't stop unless he gets what he wants, so Luhan turned to Baekhyun, forced a smile and threw him a "Congratulations! I'm so happy for you Baek!", quickly switched to his blank face and finally turned to his plate once more. Baekhyun giggled. "You know, I miss Hyunju too. I mean, Hyunju who is just Hyunju, without being linked with guys like Kris. I know he is fabulous but I just miss the three of us together. I wish we can be together just like before."

 

 

 

"I do too Baek. But she's happy with what she has now. We can't take that happiness away from her."

 

 

 

"That's really sad. I hope-" Baekhyun was stopped by a gigantic hand placed on his shoulder. "Excuse me, may I borrow Luhan for a moment? It's really urgent." Baekhyun turned and saw Kris in his basketball uniform. He rolled his eyes and replied a bitter 'yea, sure.' and he was left alone in a flash.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Luhan, can I ask a favor from you?" Kris asked as he lead Luhan near the lockers. "Sure." Luhan replied.

 

 

"Look, I'll be visiting China in a couple of days with my family and I wanted to go somewhere with Hyunju over the weekend before I leave. Where do you suggest we should go?"

 

Luhan went blank for a second. His mom echoed in his mind, saying "Set her free Luhan. If you really are for each other, you'll be together in the end." He can feel Kris beaming at him, waiting for an answer, and so he adjusted his glasses which was falling on his nose, and thought of an answer. "Well," Luhan cleared his throat. "we used to go to Everland. It's just around Seoul."

 

 

 

"That's great then. Would you like to join us? I hope you can join us." Kris asked, but Luhan disagreed, thinking that he might ruin their stay at the said amusement park. "That's too bad. But hey, there's always a next time, right? By then, I hope you can come with us." Before Kris ran back to his practice at the gymnasium, he patted Luhan on his shoulders and thanked him. Luhan walked back to the cafeteria with his head down, arguing with himself, whether what he had done was right or wrong. Suddenly, his thoughts were disturbed when a redhead girl bumped into him. Luhan looked at the girl who breathed heavily when she had eye contact with him. "I'm sorry..Luhan oppa." The girl bowed ninety degrees and stormed out of the hallway before Luhan can mutter sorry as well. Luhan did not know that other people knew his name. He shook his head by the thought and made his way to the table to retrieve his books he left.

 

 

 

 

Luhan saw Chanyeol's back facing him from afar, with Baekhyun, facing at his way. He had an eye contact with Baekhyun who was almost blocked by Chanyeol's enormous body frame. Baekhyun had sent Luhan with signals with his face saying 'can't you see I'm talking to Chanyeol, get lost!' and Luhan signalled: 'how about my books?!' and before Baekhyun could reply, Chanyeol twisted his chair to see who was Baekhyun talking to. "Hyung!" Chanyeol waved while Baekhyun 'face-palmed'. "Hey!" Luhan finally walked to their table. "I'm here for my books. Don't mind me. Carry on, chat with Baekhyun, I'll be leaving anyway." he said, earning a kick under the table from Baekhyun. "Ow!" he groaned. "Why what's the matter hyung? Are you hurt somewhere?" Chanyeol asked.

 

 

 

"No! I'm fine. See you around!" Baekhyun scowled at Luhan and then pouted. Before Luhan left, he whispered to Baekhyun "you owe me." and patted his back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

School's over so Luhan, Baekhyun and Hyunju walked to their lockers together. Luhan was almost done with putting his things in his locker when Baekhyun spoke. "Hyung, I think it dropped from your locker." Luhan quickly turned to see the note that Hyunju and Baekhyun were looking at.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PhotoGrid_1394534411016_zpsbae6a628.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I like you, oppa." the note written with a teal ink (a color which Hyunju and Luhan like) said.

 

 

 

"Woah. Woah. Woah. Luhan's got an admirer!" Baekhyun sang as he stuck out his tongue.

 

 

"Someone probably left it in the wrong locker, look I don't even have my name on it." Luhan replied.

 

 

"What's wrong with having an admirer? You're just being jealous Baek." Hyunju butted with folded arms.

 

 

 

They argued in the hallway for minutes and finally decided to head home. It was Thursday, so Luhan was left home alone. As soon as he went in, he noticed a note sticked on the fridge, saying "Luhannie, we have an emergency out of town business trip, so Jihoon and I won't be home 'til Monday. Sorry, it was urgent. I'll make it up to you honey, I love you."

 

 

 

 

Luhan sighed, went straight to his room and took off his glasses as he plopped onto his bed. He reached for his pocket and took out the crumpled note they saw earlier. "Johahaeyo.. oppa.." he read, though he cannot see it clearly since he does not have his glasses on. He can still hear the words which escaped from Hyunju's mouth earlier. "What's wrong with having an admirer? You'r just being jealous Baek." But Luhan shook his head again, not wanting to expect anything that will lead him to disappointments. So he tried to erase the thought and jumped out of the bed to change his clothes. He was almost done ing his polo when his phone rang.

 

 

"Hyunju?"

 

 

"Luhan! You see, Kris was inviting me to Everland this Saturday. I asked him if I can bring others and he said yes. So, come with us Luhan!! Baek's coming and we asked Chanyeol oppa to come too."

 

 

Luhan froze at the moment and he can hear Baekhyun screaming at the background pleading him to go with them. "Please hyung! Please! It'll be fun!!"

 

"Baekhyun's right, you should come with us! Please?"

 

 

Luhan can feel that both Baekhyun and Hyunju are pouting right now. "Well, I guess everyone's coming so-"

 

 

"Yaaaay! Luhan hyung's coming with us!! I can't believe this Hyunju!!" Baekhyun squealed that made Hyunju giggle. Luhan was glad to hear Hyunju laugh again.

 

 

 

"We have to hang up now. Bye Luhan!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was a cold Saturday night so Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Hyunju, and Luhan walked closely to the entrance of Everland. There, they met Kris who wore a long sleeved shirt and had a blue scarf aroung his neck. "You made it!" he said.

 

 

"Of course we do. We've been here a couple of times before." Hyunju replied.

 

 

 

"Are you not cold? How can you last this weather with just that piece of clothing?" Baekhyun said and Kris replied "Just." then an awkward silence occurred.

 

 

 

"There's a mini cafe near here, the place is warm. I guess it can warm you down. Let's go." Kris said and off with their feet, they walked downtown into a cafe. The place is amazingly warm and the smell of the coffee brewing brought them a relaxing feeling. It wasn't crowded so they easily found a seat to settle in. A waiter came and handed each of them the menu.

 

 

"Woah. Woah. Woah." Baekhyun's eyes widen as he saw the list in the menu. The menu itself explained why the mini cafe wasn't crowded.

 

 

"Place your order, my treat." Kris said as he took out his wallet. "No Kris, it's fine, we'll pay for our orders." Hyunju disagreed.

 

"What?! Hyunju! I did not bring enough money! Besides, Kris offered to treat us all!" Baekhyun pouted as he held onto Hyunju's arm.

 

"No, it's my treat Hyunju. I was the one who invited you over so let me be the one to treat you all." Kris insisted, making Baekhyun sigh in relief. After they've discussed what to order, Kris went to the counter. "One order of Americano for me, two orders of Espressos for Chanyeol and Luhan, and two orders of Cappuccinos for Hyunju and Baekhyun." He told the cashier as he took out his card from his wallet. The counter was seen from their seats so the four of them watched as Kris ordered. "He's so cool." Baekhyun said as he stared while Kris swiped his card and signed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The five of them walked into the amusement park and headed straight to the ticketing booth. The atmosphere reminded them of their childhood days. The place was filled with mostly kids and parents. Pororo's theme song was even played through their sound system. Upon hearing the song, Baekhyun stood beside a human-sized pororo statue and sang the whole song with matching dance moves.

 

 

"Stop that Baek! You're embarrassing yourself!" Hyunju shouted while Kris and Luhan laughed at the scene and Chanyeol took out his phone to film Baekhyun's performance. In the end, Chanyeol held Baekhyun's hand and dragged him back to their place, like a kitten bitten by its mother cat on its nape, to prevent further embarrassments.

 

 

"Great performance there, Baek! You can replace pororo any time soon." Luhan kidded. "Yah, Luhan hyung. I think you're forgetting something." Baekhyun whispered.

 

 

"I feel like peeing now. Mind if I borrow Luhan hyung for a moment?" Baekhyun announced and pulled Luhan over to the nearest comfort room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Do you think anyone can hear us in here?" Baekhyun asked Luhan as they went to the farthest place of the comfort room and closed the door behind them. "I don't think so." Luhan replied earning a 'good' from Baekhyun.

 

 

"You and I are the only ones who knew that Everland is Hyunju's favorite place, right?"

 

 

"Mmm-hmmm."

 

 

"Hyung, why are you helping Kris?"

 

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

 

"Stop pretending hyung. I know you like Hyunju.." Baekhyun replied with a disappointed tone as he massaged his temple with his hands.

 

 

"Was it that obvious?" Luhan sighed, sounding a bit ashamed. He thought he was doing a pretty good job in hiding his feelings for his best friend.

 

 

"Hmm. I think so. Or it's just me who know you too well? I don't know, I guess I had a great hunch about it.. But that's not the matter hyung, you helped Kris! Aren't you going to at least, fight for your feelings? At all?"

 

 

"I thought setting Hyunju free will be the solution to this problem."

 

 

 

"Why don't you confess, hyung?"

 

 

"I- Look, I know I don't stand a chance. Just look at me and Kris. He's a lot better than I am."

 

 

 

"Don't say that hyung. What if Kris knew about this?" Luhan thought for a moment. He really didn't think of this matter. What if Kris knew? And what if Hyunju knew? Suddenly, both Baekhyun and Luhan froze for a second as one of the faucets .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 "What if I knew about what?" And there they saw Kris, who was wiggling his hands below to dry off his wet hands.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What if I knew about what, Luhan?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

BA-BAM-BA-BAM! Find out what'll happen next!

By the way: the 'change' I was talking about in the description of With You.. you'll see it soon. So please stay tuned for a few more chapters.

Thank you! :)