Just let me go.

With You

"Idiot." Luhan chuckled really hard as he sensed the sudden disappointment on Hyunju's voice. "I'm going to get you water." she scowled. "Just let me go."

 

 

 

Let go. Luhan thought, but quickly shook it off. "Why would I let you go?"

 

 

 

Hyunju frowned at him and this time, Luhan finally released her. She quickly made her way out of the infirmary and ran. She couldn't believe what had just happened in there that she quickly stopped on her tracks to catch her breath. What was Luhan trying to do to her? Did he finally come into his senses what had happened the morning after his party? The way he intimately stole her first kiss?

 

Hyunju could still feel her heartbeat racing and her face flushing. "Come on, hold it in. Get yourself together, Hyunju." she scolded herself as she tried to breathe steadily. What she needed right now is distraction. She need not to think about anything that may lead to sudden disappointments and just be normal. Unfortunately, she completely forgot how to be normal around the boy who is currently driving her mind and heart crazy. Water. "Right, the water." Hyunju rushed to the pantry to get a glass of water. And as she made her way back to the infirmary, she tried to compose herself.

 

To her surprise, the door was closed but did not bother to knock anymore, for she knew that the only one inside was Luhan. She can't feel her heart beating anymore or her face flushing red. But one thing's she's feeling for sure-that tears were now streaming down her eyes and that the glass of water she was now holding had shattered on the ground. The feeling was suffocating enough to let her feet send her whole body out of the infirmary. Away from what seemed to be Luhan-cheating-on-another-girl. But she was not some other girl. The girl was Krystal. The girl who had been torturing her since the day Krystal had gathered up the courage to step up to 'the love of her life'-an act that Hyunju had no plan on doing, yet. But Hyunju and Luhan were never been a thing. Well as far as they both knew, they were best friends since who-knows-when-exactly back in their childhood. The point is, Luhan wasn't cheating on her because to him, she's just a best friend. A best friend who fell in love with him-and it's something he shouldn't know about. Not anymore.

 

Rain started falling and Hyunju did not bother whether she's getting soaked or the fact that she'll be having a fever later on. Instead, she just ran away to where her feet may lead her to. She never cared about anyone who might see her this way that she never even noticed that Luhan was running after her. Hyunju came to a halt when he grabbed her by her wrist.

 

"Hyunju, hear me out!" Luhan pleaded, still panting from the long run. "Is there a need to hear you out? What I saw there was none of my business, that's why I stepped out."

 

"But you are crying." Luhan brought his hand to Hyunju's chin and lifted her face. "Hyunju, please look at me." But Hyunju had no plans on doing so. "I'm not crying, okay?!"

 

"You would not react that way without any reason. Hyunju, I want to know the reason. Please tell me why." This time, Hyunju stared right into his eyes and let her tears run down together with the raindrops. Luhan, on the other hand, felt guilty and hurt; twice the hurt that Hyunju was feeling.

 

"You really want to know why?" She sobbed but did not have to wait for Luhan's answer. "Because I love you Luhan. Damn it!" Luhan felt every word and hurt from Hyunju. These are the words that he always dreamed to hear, but not like this. Not how she said it and not how she was feeling it. Nevertheless, Luhan knew that it was true. "Damn me and damn this feeling." Hyunju added. "Now will you please let me go?" She demanded but failed to have her command granted, for Luhan had wrapped her tight in his arms, his cheek planted on top of her head. This had made her cry even more. "You do not know how much I love you more." Luhan was crying this time and Hyunju could feel his body shivering against hers. But anger raged up to Hyunju and Luhan's words hurt her even more. "You kissed me, then you kissed her, and now you're telling me you love me? I don't know what to believe anymore!" She shouted against his chest. "It was a misunderstanding! Please he-"

 

"You really don't have to explain, Luhan. Not now. Never." Hyunju cut him off. "I just want you to erase this moment. Forget that I saw you and forget that I told you I love you."

 

"You know I can't do that."

 

"Luhan, please!"

 

"I can't! And I will not! Never, Hyunju. Please don't be unfair." Luhan cried as he tightened his embrace on Hyunju. "Then just forget about all of me. About everything. Treat me as if we never knew each other." It felt like a ton of arrows shooting her now. She knew that to her, Luhan was water. That she can never survive without him. But what else could she do now? Luhan left her with no choice.

 

"I'd rather die than forget about you. About the greatest thing that ever happened to me, Hyunju. I'd rather kill myself!"

 

"Don't do this, Luhan. Don't do this to us. Now, please. Just.. let me go." Even if he knows it would kill him, Luhan slowly released Hyunju. He understood that Hyunju needed time, though he was afraid how long would she close herself to him. How long will she treat him invisible and if she will ever open her doors to him again. But it's too late. Hyunju has walked away, bringing a piece of him with her.

 

 

 

ㅇㅇㅇ

 

 

Hyunju felt like a drained battery, dragging herself home through the rain. Never it came to her that she was crossing the road without even looking to her left nor her right side and never did it come to her about looking at the signal lights. Funny that the car rushing towards her direction was merciful enough and pulled the breaks right before her. But then and there she can't feel her legs and just broke down in front of the car and cried her eyes out. She was expecting a loud honk from the car, but instead, she heard the car door open, slam close, and arms gathering her up. "Hyunju," Kris said. But Hyunju can't stop herself from crying. "Why didn't you just speed up and kill me instead."

"Don't say that." Kris hushed her as he pulled her into a warm hug, caressing her hair. The latter still cried and Kris just let her cry on him. Let everything out to him. "Come on, I'll drive you home." He said as he took off his coat and placed it around Hyunju.

 

Kris took the longer way to Hyunju's home, hoping that she would tell him the reason why she was crying. But Hyunju just cried and cried and Kris couldn't blame her. She then cried until she fell asleep on the passenger's seat. When they arrived, Kris did not bother waking her up and carried her to the door, where her mom stood. "I did not know where else to bring her."

 

"I'm glad you take her home, to me." Hyunju's mom smiled. "Second floor, second room at the left. Thanks for bringing her home." Without much further ado, Kris carried her up the stairs and laid her on her bed then planted a kiss on her cheek before leaving.

 

 

ㅇㅇㅇ

 

As he went out of the house, Kris saw Luhan in the rain and without hesitating, punched him square on the face, sending him to the ground. However, Luhan did not return the punch and just stood up. "Is she alright?" Luhan asked, not minding the blood slowly dripping on his cheek. "Now you have the nerve to ask me whether she's fine or not? That's bull." Kris was mad. Mad enough to send Luhan more punches to his face and down to his stomach but the latter accepted them all. "I warned you. I'm not just going to sit and watch if you hurt Hyunju. And I will never let that happen again." Kris grabbed Luhan by the collar and stared right into Luhan's swelling eyes. "Do you hear me? Never." He muttered and threw Luhan back to the ground. He grabbed his car keys, started the car and left.