My Armor

With You

 

 


"Hey." Krystal answered the door, opening it just for Baekhyun and Hyunju to see her. Like she was hiding something behind her, or doesn't want to let anyone in. Awkward was the best way to describe their situation because they went silent for a few seconds staring at each other, not after Luhan pulled the door wider, to see who were by the door. 

 

"Hyunju, dear! I was actually waiting for your mom, but here you are! It's good to see the both of you!" Luhan's mom went to Baekhyun and Hyunju to pull them into a welcome hug. "It's good to see you too!" Hyunju replied with her eyes not getting off of Krystal, before Mei released her from the hug. 

 

"Umm, w-we just came by to drop these," Hyunju gestured to a yellow paper bag and a black plastic bag-where the tub of ice cream was-she were holding. "We'll be leavi-" Baekhyun cut her off as he dragged Hyunju inside, sitting her still on the couch. 

 

"Well, well, well.. What do we have here?" Mei uttered to no one in particular as she scan through the things Hyunju brought, by the cupboards in the kitchen. Hyunju sat on the side-most part of the couch, and Luhan sat beside her. Krystal was about to take a seat beside Luhan but Baekhyun quickly hopped and sat on it, so she won't be sitting right next to Luhan. 

 

"So, what brought you here?" Baekhyun raised and eyebrow and questioned Krystal beside him. 

 

"It's none of your business." Krystal monotonously replied. You can see Krystal and Baekhyun glaring at each other for the next minutes and it went unnoticed by Luhan, so he clapped his hands and stood infront of the couch. "My cosmetics, which I lent to Hyunju's mom.." they could hear Mei talking to herself by the kitchen.

 

"So, cake? Anyone?" Luhan 'beamed' nervously as he thought of the cake her mom was baking earlier.

 

"Ooh! And you also brought vanilla ice cream?!" Luhan's mom squealed. "Luhan! Our favorite!" She was beaming at it, like some piece of treasure and thanked Baek and Hyunju for it. Luhan did nothing but face-palm-ed himself. 

 

"I bought carrot cake! It's from a high class bakery my mom owns." Krystal interrupted as she placed a huge box of cake, really HUGE on top of the coffee table. "I wanted to thank Luhan for helping earlier at the hospital."

 
"Ew-!?" Luhan's mom said in disgust. 


"Umm, actually, my mom and I are not fond of eating carrot cakes, or anything related with carrots.. But thank you, Krystal. You really didn't have to." Luhan tried to sound pleasing, not wanting to offend Krystal. 

 

"I guess it's garbage then?" Baekhyun smirked at Krystal before heading to where the ice cream was. "I'm so hungry I might eat the whole table!" 

 

After the table was set, Krystal ended up sitting in between Baekhyun and Luhan, and Hyunju in between Luhan's mom and Baekhyun. The strawberry cake Mei baked was served instead. 
"Come on oppa, eat up!" Krystal said as she stabbed a piece of the cake and offered it to Luhan. Luhan smiled sheepishly and let Krystal feed him JUST this ONE bite. 

 

It was funny how Mei, Baekhyun, and Hyunju rolled their eyes altogether and found themselves giggling. Luhan was so confused and said, "What?" and the three of them shook their heads. 

 

"Oppa, here's the airplane!!" Krystal said once more. 

 

"Tell me, is Luhan a baby? a toddler? or what?" Baekhyun chuckled, leaving Mei and Hyunju giggling their lungs out. 

 


Luhan felt the embarrassment, both for him and for Krystal, but mostly for Krystal, so he slowly retreated, got a hold of his own fork and said, "I think I can do this on my own. You should eat up, too." 

 

The laughter inside the dining room slowly dropped as Krystal suddenly stood up with tears forming in her eyes. "I think I should leave now." She dashed to the front door and Luhan ran to follow her. 

 

"But there's still…" Luhan's mom said, only to be followed by a loud slam of the door. "…ice cream in the freezer…" 

 

"Wouldn't even thank for the food and bid goodbye properly.." she added as Baekhyun nodded along. 

 

"What an attitude." Baekhyun said. 

 

 

 

 


"Krystal!" Luhan shouted. "Krystal wai-" Thankfully, Krystal stopped by the side walk. She sat on the ground and covered her face with both of her hands. "I-I'm sorry. I-I didn't-" Luhan hushed Krystal as he rubbed her back with his palms. For whatever reason, Luhan saw himself with Krystal. So he cannot feel nothing but sympathy for the girl. 

 

 

"Ca-can I play with you?"
"What, you want to play with us?" one of the children mimicked Luhan causing the 
others to laugh at the innocent boy. "Hey guys listen, this little girl wants to play 
with us, can you believe it?" the kid laughed. 

 


He used to feel like this a lot especially when he was younger, when bullies surround him. Not until Hyunju got in the picture and made some changes with it. 

 

 


"You know?" Krystal sobbed. "I used to get bullied a lot before. How pathetic I am for having butlers around me. H-how they sang songs which insulted me.. I thought it e-ended. But how come do I feel it until now?" 

 

"Shh. I'm sorry Krystal. I'm sorry for what happened earlier. How they acted. I'm sure they did not mean to do it." Luhan shushed Krystal as he took her hands off of her face and wiped the tears with his thumbs. "My dad once said that I shouldn't cry because the gods will get sad and will then create a storm." he added. 

 

"Isn't that stupid? Only a kid will fall for that." Krystal Luhan on his arm. 


"I know. But I know that he does that to make me stop. That it's pointless to cry. And I'm saying it to you, to make you stop." Just then, Krystal slowly stopped crying.

 

"I used to get bullied too. Well, until now. But I found my armor. She protects me all the time- all the time that I feel like I'm a huge burden to her." Luhan's voice trailed off as he took a seat beside Krystal and stared at the road. "I want to change things. I want to be her armor instead." He snapped out of it and turned to pat Krystal on her head. "Don't worry, you'll find your armor. By then, things will get better. I promise." 

Luhan stood up and put out a hand to help Krystal stand up. Krystal had called for her driver and now they're waiting for him. The silence broke when Luhan heard Hyunju calling them out. 

 

"I was looking for you." she said, panting. Seems like she was running for a long time. "You forgot your bag." Krystal took her bag and somehow thanked Hyunju. Just then, a black luxurious car stopped in front of them. Luhan opened the door for Krystal and closed it when she got in. 

Krystal rolled down the window of the car and stuck her face out. "Oppa, can you be it?" she asked Luhan as the car wasn't leaving yet. 

 


"What it?" Luhan asked and Krystal held out a finger, gesturing him to move closer. Luhan did so, and then she whispered:

 

 

 

 

 

 

"My armor?"