On three

With You

Hyunju bursted. Having a black belt in karate, beating up each member of the gang was just a piece of cake. Satisfied with the punches and kicks she threw, she stopped. Hearing the loud groans from the gang, she said: 

"I warned you." together with her icy glares, the gang retreated. 

 


"I told you hyung, we should've left earlier." the younger whispered to the leader. 

"You did not say anything about her being a black-belter you idiot!" the leader replied, still crouching, and gave the younger one a slap on the nape. 

"Luhan, let's go." Hyunju placed Luhan's left arm around her neck to help him stand and made their way home. 

 

 

 

"I told you to wait for me so we can make our way home together!" Hyunju scolded Luhan whose left arm is still on his best friend's shoulder. 

 

"I'm sorry. I did not want to bother you. And quit scolding me, I'm still older than you." Luhan pouted, feeling sorry for what happened. "And thank you, for saving me again." he added, looking into Hyunju's eyes. 

 

"But still you should've-" Hyunju was cut off by Luhan's sparkling doe eyes staring at her and only at her when she faced the boy. 

 

"I should've what?" Luhan asked maintaining the innocent look on his eyes and not taking his eyes off of Hyunju.

 

"Uh-- erm, nothing. Forget it." Hyunju who fidgeted, turned to face the road so Luhan will not see how her cheeks turned red at the moment. 

 

 

 

 

 

With his thick-lensed glasses he wears since kindergarten and his coconut-husk-shaped hairstyle, Luhan had always been the target of bullies until now that he is a junior in highschool. Having his family migrated from Beijing to Seoul, nine-year old Luhan had a hard time to cope up with his surroundings. With his Chinese features, including his petite body for a boy like him, Luhan was treated as an outcast by children he tried to played with in his new neighborhood. 

 

"Ca-can I play with you?" It's Luhan's first time to communicate with the children in the playground. Usually, his mother will come and play with him on that same playground. But since he was left at home due to his parents' work, the little boy came to the playground all by himself. With his accent and by mispronouncing some words , the children made fun of him. 

 

"What, you want to play with us?" one of the children mimicked Luhan causing the others to laugh at the innocent boy. "Hey guys listen, this little girl wants to play with us, can you believe it?" the kid laughed. This caused Luhan to burst. Back from China, he was annoyed by people who have mistaken him as a girl and hearing this until now that he is in Korea made him feel worse. 

 

 

"I'm not a girl! My name is Luhan! I came from China! I REPEAT I AM A BOY NOT A GIRL!" he shouted with all his might, hoping the whole world will hear him out. 

"Really? A boy? You don't look like one." the kid replied as he pushed Luhan into the sand box. He thought falling into the sand box will kill him so he did not bother to stand and defend himself. Surprisingly, he heard someone defending him. 

 

"So you think that makes you strong, huh?" a girl with her hair almost sticking out in every direction shouted, her hands placed on her hips. Luhan slowly opened his eyes and was stunned by the pretty and fierce girl who was defending him or that was what he thinks. "Beating up those who seem weaker than you do? Get lost or I will tell you all to my appa!" The group of kids retreated as soon as the little girl mentioned his father. 


"Are you alright?" the little girl held out her helping hand to Luhan. Without hesitation, he reached for the little girl's hand. Luhan who felt soft hands holding his, blushed.

 

"Do you have a fever? Your face looks really red." the girl checked Luhan's temperature by touching the boy's forehead, this made Luhan blush more.

 

"Are you mute? Why aren't you speaking to me?" the girl added snapping her fingers in front of Luhan's face who seemed trapped in a daze. "Oh, sorry." Luhan snapped out. "I'm Luhan, thank you for saving my life." he added, eyes not wanting to leave the little girl.

 

 

"Wait, Hyunju's father is in the hospital right?" the boy who made a cuss earlier remembered. 

 

 

"On three…" the girl whispered to Luhan. Luhan, whose hands still joined with the girl's, did not understand what she said. 

 

"THAT HYUNJU!" As soon as the boy realized, he ran to where Luhan and the girl was, wanting for a payback. 

 

 

 

 

 

"THREE!" the girl signalled the shocked Luhan and off with their feet, hand in hand, they ran to wherever their feet may bring them, not wanting to get caught by the children they she confronted a while ago. 

 

Catching their breaths, they stopped to hide in between the garbage cans. Luckily, the children passed them by without even noticing the presence of the two. 


"Just ignore Sehun, he had always been a cold guy." she sighed. "He's just jealous you know." the girl assured Luhan. "Umm.. Nice to meet you. I'm Hyunju by the way." the girl added, smiling at Luhan before handing her left hand out to give the boy a handshake, since her right hand was still holding Luhan's.

 

 

Hyunju.. 

 

 

 


Hyunju.. 

 

 

 

 


Hyunju.. 

 

 

a/n: innocence. hahaha! I know I told you that I'll be posting, probably tomorrow or later. But I wanted to do this before doing my homework.. bla bla, here you go, I hope you enjoy! :)) 

 

 

I'm open for upvotes, subscribers, comments, suggestions, reactions and more;feel free. Thanks for reading and subscribing! :)