You Ruined It

With You

 

 

"Then go ask her why."

 

 

With Baekhyun's words, Luhan dashed to the soccer stadium where he heard Hyunju was, from asking some students around him. It was a chilly afternoon so he decided to drop by a vendo machine and grabbed two cans of coffee with him for his and Hyunju's consumption.

 

Despite of the cold breeze that was brushing through his exposed skin, he still hurried his way to Hyunju. He did not know why but he suddenly wanted to be with the girl, wanting to clear misconceptions and understand why she was acting that way towards him. They can't be with each other the way they used to be because of his packed schedule and now he can't even talk to Hyunju who seemed uncomfortable with him within the past few days.

 

 

But hurrying up was of no use, now that he saw Hyunju alone with Kris in the stadium. Luhan felt nothing but being stabbed with a pitchfork repeatedly as his eyes locked with Hyunju's. A huge pitchfork that cannot be drawn away from his aching heart. However, he thought nothing but to fix things between him and Hyunju, so he took a step to towards the girl, who quickly rose up from her seat. But as soon as he took another step, Kris latched onto Hyunju's hand, preventing the girl from going anywhere else. And as Kris tightened his grip, Luhan felt Krystal's arms wrap around him, dragging him out of the stadium. Luhan felt weak that he had unknowingly let the girl drag him away.

 

 

"Oppa, eavesdropping is bad you know?" Luhan turned his face at Krystal-who seemed more than happy stealing him from what should be his, Kris and Hyuniu's moment- and couldn't help but think of Hyunju as he sees her recently dyed hazelnut blonde hair (the same as Hyunju's hair color and cut) that a tear escaped from his eye. "I was not eavesdropping."

 

 

"Then why were you stalking the couple?" Couple? Luhan thought. Couple never came up on his mind. Maybe before, but not when Kris had told him about, the night when he won a match. The latter's words began ringing again in his mind like an old mixed tape. "If you hurt her and let her go, don't expect me just be watching. I'll definitely do something."

 

 

Luhan gritted his teeth, "It was the only time to talk to her,"

 

Krystal wanted to dry the tear flowing down to Luhan's jaws, but the guy winced. She decided to retort, but then again, Luhan had not finish what he was completely saying.

 

"But you ruined it." There, he said it. Without thinking and caring, because he cares only for Hyunju. Now more than ever. So why prolong the agony and care how his abrupt words had hurt Krystal. "O-oppa, that hu-hurts." Luhan's fists remained clenched as he let out a brief 'sorry' and left Krystal, not even knowing nor caring if the girl was crying or not.

 

 

 

 

What happened in the stadium the previous day, have bothered Luhan too much that his teacher sent him to detention for not paying attention in his class. He even bumped into several people as he walked by the hallways but unlike before, those people were the ones who apologized and not him. His head even hurt that he decided to take his contact lenses off and wear his glasses even in his soccer practice that afternoon. Was Kris the reason why Hyunju was acting like that? Could they really be a couple? What if they really are together? I must really be stupi-

 

 

"Luhan! What's going on with you? Not in the mood to play today?" Their coach had interrupted his thoughts as he misses the goal countless times in their game. Luhan simply bowed as an apology and they quickly resumed the practice. "Yo man, Hyunju it is?"

 

"It's just-"

 

"I understand that you have problems as well, but a game is scheduled next week and we should win it." Minseok said as he quickly massaged Luhan on the shoulders, urging him to do better for the game."Soccer now, Hyunju later. Hyung will help you with her later. Okay?"

 

"It has always been soccer first hyung, that's why I can't find time for Hyunju." Luhan was right. Minseok sighed as their coach whistled, signalling the resume of their practice. Thoughts rapidly boggled Luhan that he crashed into their largest player as he was about to score a goal, which had sent him to the ground and eventually knocked him out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyunju ah," Baekhyun called for Hyunju who's physically present beside him but is obviously mentally absent. And as he expected, he got no response.

 

"Noona!?"

 

Hyunju apparently got back to her senses and shot Baekhyun a curious glare. "Noona? You never called me that."

 

"Because you won't look at me!"

 

"You weren't talking to me, so why would I look at you?" Baekhyun lost it. He then whined about calling Hyunju tons of times that day and she never answered even once. "Minseok hyung called. He told me that Luhan hyung's rushed into the infirmary, knocked out." Hyunju had rose from her seat, but then sat down. "Why? I thought you were going to him. Maybe true love's kiss would wake his ing senses up because he was totally dead since yesterday afternoon."

 

Kiss. Just the word made her shiver that she was reminded of how she actually got her first kiss. "T-true love's k-kiss? Why, isn't he acting normal this morning?"

 

For crying out loud,"OH FOR GOD'S SAKE JUST BOTH YOU AND LUHAN TELL EACH OTHER THAT YOU LOVE EACH OTHER SO YOU CAN MAKE THINGS CLEARER AND BRIGHTER. I AM TIRED OF SEEING YOU BOTH, BEING LIKE THIS. DON'T YOU KNOW THAT THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FR-" Baekhyun had put a hand on his mouth and wished to have bitten his tongue down. But he just can't restrain himself for letting all out, now that his best friends were acting out of character.

 

"Love? Free? What-"

 

"Sorry, I shouldn't've said that.."

 

"What are you talking about? Why are you just telling this to me now? Byun Baekhy-"

 

"I tried so hard not to tell you!! I wanted it to come from hyung, but- it's suffocating to see you playing hide and seek with your feelings for him!" Baekhyun was right. But things were complicated and she felt that she needed to be with Luhan this instant and it was the right thing to do now.

 

"Hyunju… just.. go."

 

 

 

 

Without hesitating even one bit, Hyunju rushed to the infirmary this time. But as she made her way, lots of questions came up in her mind as though she was answering a pop quiz. "Really.WhatamIgoingtodo.Just go there acting like nothing happened? Way to go Park Hyunju.I'mgoingback.No,you'renotgoingback.Err."

 

Gratefully, as she got to the infirmary, Luhan was still asleep. Hyunju tiptoed her way, making sure that she was careful enough not to wake him up. "Now what." Hyunju breathed a sigh as she stared down a sleeping deer. "You jerk. How dare you stole my first kiss just like that."

 

But Hyunju did not know that Luhan heard everything. Luhan knew it was Hyunju as he saw, though not clearly, a hazelnut blonde head making a bee line to his bed in the infirmary seconds ago. Hyunju was too surprised that she forgot how to breathe for a second or two, when Luhan suddenly threw his arms around her neck saying,"I-What?"

 

Hyunju flinched at everything about Luhan. His seducing face, faint voice, and ugh! "N-nothing! Get your arms off of me!"

 

"Hmm.." Luhan teased. "I don't want to."

 

"Yah! Luhannn!"

 

Luhan smiled. "So I was not dreaming then.."

 

"Wai-what? What are you talking about?" Hyunju grew more flustered as Luhan kept on drawing her closer to him. "Hyunju. Don't move."

 

Hyunju tried to conceal the fast beating of her heart but it clearly showed on her now flushed bright red face. Luhan had pulled Hyunju to him close enough that he smirked when he saw the girl quickly pressed her eyes close. He even thought that Hyunju thought he was about to kiss her.

 

"Please bring me some water." he whispered right into her ear. "I can't see without my glasses on." He added.

 

"Idiot." Luhan chuckled really hard as he sensed the sudden disappointment on Hyunju's voice. "I'm going to get you water." she scowled. "Just let me go."

 

Let go. Luhan thought, but quickly shook it off. "Why would I let you go?"

 

Hyunju frowned at him and this time, Luhan finally released her. As soon as Hyunju went out to grab a glass of water, Luhan swam his hand through his pocket and called Baekhyun. "Man it wasn't a dream!"

 

"But ho-how did you? Wow hyung, I never knew you were this-"

 

However, Luhan heard the door slam and a hazelnut blonde head ran to him, grabbed him on the neck, and closed the gap between them as she planted her lips against his. Only then, Luhan realized that the girl was not Hyunju. The kiss had no love and warmth in it-it was like being forced and just out of lust. The lips pressed on his were nothing compared to Hyunju's. And that was when Luhan decided to pull away and as he pulled away, a loud shatter of glass was heard after the door creaked open.

 

 

Hyunju had ran away, leaving the sharp fragments of the broken glass she was holding earlier, laying flat on the ground on a puddle of drinking water.

 

 

 


 

*whispers* i added back angst. ㅋㅋㅋ ;)

 

Sorry for the long wait. I am finally back!

 

I am considering a sequel(?) What do you think?

I will do my best to post the next chapter soon.^^