Moving

보름달 (Full Moon)

“Just stay here, Haruka. At least you’ll be safe here. You don’t need to worry if the night comes. They will take care of you better than others. Just trust me.” Baekhyun said earnestly.

He just helped Haruka to move from her old dorm because Haruka didn’t want to bother Minhwa anymore. So, Haruka asked Baekhyun to help her with her moving, and Baekhyun directly brought her to Suho’s apartment. She couldn’t even say a thing.

At first, Suho looked at them blankly as he saw there were apparently two suitcases in the living room. He just didn’t have any idea at all that Baekhyun brought Haruka to his apartment to have her stay with him and two other boys. But after Baekhyun explained it, Suho seemed to understand and excitedly welcome her. He even brought her suitcases to her room—actually it was Kai’s.

“Baekhyun Oppa must be mistaken by my favor. I—well, I’m very honored that Suho Oppa welcomes me to stay here, but—well—it will be awkward. We don’t know each other well, right? And what will your neighbors say if they know that the three of you let me stay here? No, no, no, it can’t be like this.” Haruka insisted.

“So—you want to stay with me?” Baekhyun asked jokingly.

Haruka chuckled, but she shook her head. “I really can’t do this. Oppas are so nice to me, but I can’t bother you anymore, I can’t bother people surround me.”

Suho’s expression suddenly changed into disappointment. “So, you call this as bothersome? Don’t you trust us, Haru-ya? We’ll not harm you. You are like—” Suho was a little bit reluctant, but he continued, “my own little sister.”

Baekhyun held Haruka’s shoulder. “Haruka, this hyung, I, and the other boys, we already regard you as our dongsaeng. This is the best that we can do, Haruka. Please, don’t refuse this.” He said after noticing Suho’s expression change.

“Kai and Sehun must be really excited if they know you’ll be staying with us.” Suho added.

“But—is it ok, Oppa? I really don’t want to burden you.”

Suho nodded and smiled to her.

Kai’ dogs barked loudly.

“Even they get excited.” Suho commented.

After seeing that smile, Haruka didn’t even know why she suddenly agreed to stay with Suho and his two other friends. She just found her ease and a keen sense of trust in Suho.

She then helped Suho to prepare lunch for the boys because they would be homed in a few minutes. Every Sunday, they always played together. Nowadays, Suho told her, these boys were into bowling, so they had to be going to play bowling somewhere. Suho also told her that he didn’t like such kind of thing. He preferred to stay at home, reading some books or cooking, or if he got bored, he would just sleep while listening to folk instrumental music.

When the boys came, as Haruka already predicted, they were startled. Chanyeol quickly jumped in front of Haruka and asked Suho and Baekhyun if she really was Haruka or just his imagination.

“She will be staying in our house.” Suho told them while throwing the rice on the fry pan. He was making kimchi fried rice.

Sehun clapped his hands out of his consciousness because he was just too happy to hear that news from Suho. “Really? Woah, that sounds good!” he exclaimed.

Haruka had nothing to say, so she pretended to be busy with her soup instead. When the soup finished, Luhan hurriedly helped her to serve it without even saying words. She might be crazy, but—Luhan looked stunning today that she couldn’t take her eyes off him.

Kai was in his room, tidying all his stuff up, so he didn’t need to bother Haruka by going back and forth to take his stuff. He would be sleeping with Sehun this night—every night. Sehun and D.O took a nap on the floor, not really sleeping. Chanyeol was playing game on his gadget, while Baekhyun was diligently reading a book—Haruka’s folk book.

“I’ve never read this book before. Whose book is this? Suho Hyung?” Baekhyun held the book up with his right hand. Suho took a peek and he shook his head. Haruka responded quickly as soon as she saw her book being held up by him. “That’s mine, Oppa.”

“Oh—well, no wonder. Can I borrow this?”

“Sure. I’ll finish it up right away. Just 3 pages left. You can borrow it after that.”

Suho raised his left eyebrow. “I have a lot in my room—folk things. Why don’t you just borrow mine?”

“It’s different, Hyung. It’s—strange. I wonder if the author knows Joseon or not.”

“What is so strange, Oppa?” Haruka sat next to him and took a look at the book. Baekhyun hummed. “No, it’s different from what I know about—Joseon era. This book is telling another side of Joseon I never know. Do you like folk anyway?”

“Haruka loves it very much.” Chanyeol replied lazily from his seat. D.O hummed while still having his eyes shut. “She is really something, you know?”

“Who loves folk?” Kai who just finished tidying, joined them in the living room.

“Haruka. Haruka.” Chanyeol said in excited intonation.

“What makes you interested?” Suho asked, while walking towards them with a tray in his hands. The lunch was ready.

“Well—I’m not sure. It must be interesting if I can live in that era as a princess. Well, I’m just wondering. That kind of world existed just in the past, right? Forget it, Let’s eat…” Haruka slurped seafood soup she made and she suddenly felt proud of her cooking skill. She used to help her mother in her orphanage to cook often, but after moving to Seoul, she just couldn’t cook because they had no kitchen in their dorm.

“Luhan, aren’t you eating?” Haruka asked innocently. Luhan who was only looking at them, shook his head. He grinned and asked Haruka to keep eating without worrying about him through his glance. Kai commented, “He doesn’t like Korean food. Have you ever seen him eating, huh?” he asked bluntly to Haruka. Haruka showed her unadorned sight to Kai as a sign that she did never see Luhan eat—in brief, she didn’t know.

“You should have told me earlier. Suho Oppa, why didn’t you tell me?” Haruka blamed Suho for not telling her. Suho shrugged and kept on eating. D.O did his wingardium leviosa again, but not to Chanyeol, to Haruka. “Don’t worry about him. He can eat later.”

“That wingardium leviosa again, aooh—this brat,” Chanyeol bit his bottom lips.

“What does he like, Oppa?” Haruka asked Suho. Suho glanced to Luhan, asking him to help him explaining to Haruka about what food he liked. Luhan shrugged mischievously.

“Well, Barbeque?”

Sehun almost burst into laughter, but he could endure it.

“Barbeque? What a pity. Suho Oppa doesn’t have meat in his fridge.” Haruka still innocently said.

“Just don’t worry me.” Luhan looked at his watch. “I think it’s time for me to go.”

Everybody didn’t seem to pay attention to him, only Haruka lifted her head. “Where? Without eating?”

“I’m about to eat and better for me to leave before night. Today is full moon, right? I will eat well while staring at the moon.” After saying that, Luhan got up and left the living room. Haruka was about to him, but Kai held her back. “He can take care of himself.”

“Will he be okay?”

“Don’t worry too much, Haru-ya.” D.O supported Kai.

“He even doesn’t worry you. He’ll be enjoying his barbeque under the full moon.”

Talking about full moon, Haruka remembered something all of sudden. If today was full moon, then she would be able to see tonight. She always noticed that. Every full moon, her sight will be normal. That’s a relief, she kept that in mind.

“Today will be nice.” She mumbled. “Anyway, after dinner, I’ll be sleeping right away.” Haruka said. She actually wanted to look up at the sky, watching the beautiful full moon and firefly of lights from her window. She always wanted to spend a night like this.

“Yeah, of course you should sleep. Guys, let’s not be noisy after dinner.” Suho warned. D.O nodded passionately, “Let’s just sleep all. Today is so tiring.”

 

 

***