They're Gone

보름달 (Full Moon)

“So, Haruka, this is my friends Minseok Hyung and Chen. People also know Minseok Hyung as Xiumin—Umin Hyung. They are also—” Luhan stopped and continued, “Werewolves.”

Luhan introduced Haruka to his werewolf friends in his headquarters. The reason why they ended up being in this place was because Haruka asked Luhan if he had a medicine to help Baekhyun recover fast, and Luhan said that his friend could make the best medicine for people who got bitten by a werewolf.

“Luhan isn’t lying. Haruka is so bright—like a full moon.” Minseok said in daze.

“Don’t worry. Minseok Hyung is better at self-controlling than me. When I’m having hard time to control myself, this hyung always helps me. Chen and I are still learning from him.” Luhan said.

“It’s so bold that you bring a girl into our house, Hyung. Aren’t you afraid of us, Haruka-sshi?” Chen asked her.

“She’s not. Anyway, Suho is outside—”

“Yeah, we know. We can smell it.” Minseok nodded and looked busy with his things.

“Why Suho Oppa doesn’t want to come in?” She asked Luhan, whispering in his ears. Luhan chuckled. “Eventhough you whisper, they still can hear you.” He said.

Chen laughed and so did Minseok.

“Suho Hyung doesn’t like our smell. Our house smells like dog’s house, he said. He’s funny though.” Chen said frankly. They seemed like they didn’t mind with Suho who didn’t like their smell.

“He isn’t really into me,” Luhan said in her ears. “You never see Suho sit near me, huh?”

“What brings you here?” Minseok asked.

“Baekhyun—I hurt him that night, right…” Luhan hadn’t finished saying, but Minseok nodded and shouted, “Ah! Yeah—that time you didn’t want to get out from your room. He ought to recover very soon since I gave him the medicine.”

“He is getting better, Hyung, but Haruka feels bad on him. She wants Baekhyun to fully recover faster. Do you have another medicine?”

“There is, but once he drinks, he will be in great great pain. Better medicine is always like that. I didn’t give this to Baekhyun because I’m afraid he will—”

“He won’t die, right?” She cut Minseok’s explanation.

“No, no. If he’s all better, then I have no worry to give him the medicine. At least, now, he’s strong enough to bear the pain. A man has to do that. Let me take it.”

After a while, Minseok was back with a bottle of brown liquid in his hand. He gave it personally to Haruka. Although she was surrounded with werewolves, she wasn’t afraid at all.

Minseok, she found that he was so charming and a friend who had great sense of humor. Chen—although he didn’t talk much he seemed to be very nice. Luhan had to be very lucky to have them in his life.

They arrived at Baekhyun’s dorm 30 minutes later. It was the same dorm he used to live, Yongiham Dormitory. Luhan opened the door—he knew the password. He was there. Baekhyun was there, taking a nap on his sofa and he didn’t awake by their arrival.

Suho patted Haruka’s back softly. “Haru-ya, stay here for a while. I’ll pick you up at 8 pm.” He whispered, trying not to make any sound. Haruka widened her eyes. “Where are you going, Oppa? Luhan isn’t coming with you, is he?”

“Unfortunately—he has to come with me. We have something important to do. Nobody’s homed. I’m afraid something happens to you while we’re going. Is it okay?”

“Yeah—no problem, Oppa. Be sure to come back safely, okay?”

“Yes, don’t worry.” Suho replied and smiled before he went to his car.

Luhan took off his jacket and hung it around Haruka’s shoulder. He grinned slightly. “Baekhyun’s heater is kind of broken. You might get cold.” He said caringly. “Don’t go anywhere. We’ll be back.”

“How about you? Just wear it, it’s very cold outside.”

“I’m a hot blooded guy.” He chuckled and messed Haruka’s hair. He then left.

Haruka closed the door and walked towards the sofa slowly. She didn’t want to wake Baekhyun up. She was humming a song, but it didn’t last long because she was slowly getting bored. There was nothing she could do. She finally ended up staring at the sleeping Baekhyun. His face was so peaceful, like a holy baby. It was the first time she realized that Baekhyun had charm. She thought, he was handsome and flawless. Baekhyun was just perfect. There was nothing else to describe. As she stared, she smiled, smiled, and smiled. She couldn’t get bored staring him.

As time goes by, Baekhyun finally woke up. He was quite shocked to find Haruka in his house right now. He suddenly got up—but his wound hurt so much that he moaned loudly.

“Are you okay?” she asked worriedly. Haruka had already stood up and approached the weak Baekhyun. She squatted in front of him, checking here and there.

“I’m fine. What brings you here? Are you alone?” He asked continuously.

“I was with Suho Oppa and Luhan—after getting your medicine from Minseok—Oppa. You know them, don’t you? They look nice and not dangerous.”

“Where are Suho Hyung and Luhan, then?”

“They said they will be back at 8 pm. I think they’re going quite far. I didn’t ask the detail. Look, Oppa, I bring the medicine. Minseok Oppa said you will recover very soon after appealing this to your wound.” She showed the bottle. “Oppa, let me look your wound first…”

“I’m not that severe, Haruka. It will be healed after a few days anyway. It’s not like this is my first time getting this wound.” Baekhyun refused.

“You said you want to protect me. How can you protect me if you’re weak like this? Besides—look, there are just two of us here. What if suddenly the werewolves attack us? You won’t give up on me, right?”

Baekhyun sighed. “That would never happen, Haruka.”

“So, you will give up on me?” Haruka showed her puppy eyes.

“That’s not the case. Are you hungry? I don’t have anything to eat anyway, let’s just order.”

“Oppa!” Haruka grabbed Baekhyun’s hands all of sudden. “Please… You have to recover soon. I feel really guilty indeed.”

Baekhyun had no other choice but to let Haruka appeal the medicine to his wound. He knew it would give him so much pain. He had tried that medicine once. So, half-heartedly, Baekhyun took off his sweater and T-shirt, showing his back that was full of wound and scars. Haruka hissed as if she felt herself how painful the wound was.

“You must be suffering a lot…” Haruka started to appeal the medicine gently to his back. Baekhyun shouted when the liquid touched his back. It was burning and terribly painful.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I’ll put it softly. Bear it for a moment, Oppa.”

After Haruka appealed the medicine all over his back, she turned Baekhyun’s body, and now she was facing his—perfect—front body. Haruka had to admit that Baekhyun had a very good body. He got abs and—well—she couldn’t take her eyes off it. She might look ert, but—hey, c’mon! It’s normal for a girl to adore a man’s body.

“What are you looking at?” Baekhyun asked suspiciously.

Haruka quickly changed her sight to something else. “What? I’m—no! I’m just wondering.” She stuttered.

“Don’t put too much liquid. It hurts, I could die…” Baekhyun grumbled.

“No, I won’t. Just grab my hand.” Haruka gave her hand for free for Baekhyun to squeeze.  Baekhyun finally held it although he didn’t want to.

Baekhyun moaned out loud when the wet cotton touched his chest. Haruka’s hand was squeezed hard, making Haruka hissed in pain. But it’s alright since Baekhyun endured more pain than her. He looked really painful that she wanted to lift half of his pain with her.

After that, Baekhyun wore his clothes back and leant himself on the sofa. Somehow, he looked damn tired of enduring the pain.

Baekhyun then ordered jjajjangmyun and jjampong for them because they felt hungry all of sudden. They ate in silence. Haruka tried to break the silence by laughing at the television which didn’t even air comedy program—it was drama. Suddenly, Baekhyun pushed his bowl to Haruka. Haruka stared at him blankly.

“Do you want to change?” He asked.

“Sure.” Haruka smiled widely and pushed her bowl to Baekhyun.

He drove her hands to the bowl and the chopstick because she couldn’t see anything. You know, she had night-blindness. Now, she ate the jjajjangmyun and Baekhyun ate the jjampong.

“Oppa,” She called carefully. “Don’t you think that we’re awkward now? Do you want to tell me a story? Or—sharing your problem? I’m the best listener—Minhwa used to call me that.” She giggled sweetly.

“Luckily, I don’t have any serious problem. Why don’t you tell me your story then? About—Kris maybe—what relationship do you have with him? Well, Suho Hyung, Sehun, Kai, D.O, Luhan, and Chanyeol are freaking curious about it. They don’t have any courage to ask you.”

“Kris and I—our relationship only about knowing each other’s name, Oppa, nothing serious, really. Are you curious why he was there—in the club?”

“No, I know the reason well. I heard it already.”

Haruka brought her eyebrows in one, being suspicious about something.

“Don’t get me wrong, Haruka. You talked to Kris loudly. You have to remember that you can’t be noisy in the library. Aaah—I’m full.”

“Me too.” Haruka got up and was about to clean the table, but Baekhyun sent her to sofa, telling her to sit and not to worry about the dishes.

Baekhyun quickly took a shower and washed all the dishes. He smiled on the corner of his lips when he heard Haruka laugh to a joke from the comedy show on the television. Although Haruka couldn’t watch it, Haruka got all the jokes just by listening it.

After he finished all his chores, he brought himself to the sofa, sitting next to Haruka who was still laughing so hard. Feeling the seat moving, Haruka faced herself to Baekhyun. “I wish I could help you wash the dishes.” She said regretfully.

“Nothing much.” Baekhyun yawned widely. “It’s almost 7 pm. They’ll be here an hour again. Are you bored?”

“Not really. I’m enjoying the show well. It’s funny, Oppa. I wish I could watch it.” She giggled again.

“They’re not that good looking and the properties are so simple. I’m describing it for you, so you can imagine it yourself.”

“It’s a pity…”

They stayed quite for about 15 minutes. Haruka still concentrated to the show and sometimes she laughed. She laughed so hard that got dry. Actually, she wanted to take a glass of water herself, but she didn’t have any idea where the fridge was.

“Oppa,” she called, but Baekhyun didn’t respond, so she called once again. Her hand reached his arm and shook it gently. “Oppa, Baekhyun Oppa… I’m thirs—” Suddenly Baekhyun’s head fell on Haruka’s shoulder. Haruka was startled. She shook his shoulder to wake him up.

“Oppa, are you sleeping?” She still shook Baekhyun’s body.

Baekhyun mumbled but it wasn’t clear since he was in his deep slumber. As Haruka knew Baekhyun was sleeping, she didn’t move a single bit and kept on the same position until she also fell asleep, a very deep deep sleep.

 

***