De Javu?

보름달 (Full Moon)

Haru was playing with her phone, spinning it on top of the table. Today she felt like going home faster, but she had to wait Chanyeol because she had no car with her tonight. Her mood went down all of sudden because she was dragged all of sudden by the unknown man in the club just now. Chanyeol almost beat him up if Mr. Kang didn’t show up to separate them. Right now, Chanyeol was on his work, composing music, remixing this and that skillfully. Haru took a sharp glance to her phone every five minutes because she couldn’t wait any longer.

She almost exploded when someone touched her bare shoulder lightly with his fingertip. Today, she wore clothes that showed off her shoulders and she looked quite y. That’s what Chanyeol said.

“Ya!” she yelled.

“Ouch, that big mouth! What are you yelling at?” It was Chanyeol, what a relief.

“Are you done?”

“Almost—I have to clean my things up. Would you wait a little longer? I’ll buy another glass for you…” He started to bargain.

“Han Yoju, ya, Han Yoju!” It was Mr. Kang’s voice.

“Aih, Kang Ajusshi, she won’t drive tonight, okay? Let the others take it.” Chanyeol said on behalf her. Haru grabbed her bag and got ready to go when suddenly a guy took a step in front of her, blocking her way.

“Uh, uh, look, how dare he is—” Chanyeol was about to push him back, but Mr. Kang restrained his hands.

“Are you the driver who took me home last night?” He asked with his flat face, no smile, no expression.

Haru sighed. “Yes, but I’m out of order tonight, so I’m afraid that I can’t take you home. Besides, you look very healthy and not—drunk.”

“Why is my wheel scraped?”

“Wheel? Scraped?” She blinked her eyes many times. She always blinked her eyes when she got confused. Well, she didn’t slam his car to the sidewalk or get involved in a car accident though. Why would it get scraped?

Because she was sure that the car was alright last night, she decided to follow the guy to the basement parking to prove that she was innocent. But then, the guy pointed at the wheel which had scrap mark. Well, she remembered it now. She kicked the wheel last night because she was upset. She ended up laughing awkwardly in front of that guy.

“What were you doing to my car last night?”

“Oh—that—that—actually I was a little bit upset. Well, I’m so sorry. I forgot that it wasn’t my car. Wouldn’t you forgive me?”

“It’s not about this that I’m curious at.” He said. He then leaned his body on his car. “How did you know my home’s password?”

Her heart stopped beating again. She didn’t expect that this guy would dig up this matter. To be honest, she herself didn’t know why she knew the password. It just magically appeared in her brain. That numbers—she used to know, but again, she wasn’t sure.

“I didn’t share my password to anybody and I swear I closed and locked the door before coming to this place. So, would you tell me why you know my password?”

“Alternative key?” She chuckled bitterly.

“I asked the landlord if someone came to ask my key, but she said nobody came to her.”

“Oh, come on, it’s just coincidence. I pressed randomly and beep beep beeeepp—it’s unlocked. Even if you ask me your password, I won’t remember because I pressed randomly—yeah—I pressed randomly.”

“Are you sure?”

“Sure! Shall we go to the police?”

“Dwaesseo.” He said and went into his car.

He started the engine and drove away, leaving the dumbfounded Haru in the basement. Trully, she knew it was impossible if it was just coincidence. Did she really lose her memory? Because the password—actually, she still remembered it now.

 

***