Uri Baekhyun Oppa

보름달 (Full Moon)

“Oh, gosh! So, you didn’t know that you’re being—hugged—kissed—and—whatsoever while you got drunk?” Chanyeol asked. He didn’t believe it, showed on his face.

“I feel dirty,”

“Just don’t! You’re not, okay?” Chanyeol shouted.

“Sshh…” D.O swung his chopstick again to Chanyeol, trying to warn him. They were in the cafeteria to have their lunch. Today was better than yesterday. Although Haruka still got that kind of look, but today there was no raw egg landed on her head or body. She was safe.

“You said Kris was there—” Kai cut his words.

“He was.” D.O replied.

Suho sighed. “Do you think it’s Kris? You should also be suspicious with Jenny.”

“Jenny might be under him, Hyung.”

“Ehm—” Haruka cleared . “Do you mind if I’m leaving first? Urgent.”

“Where are you going? Let’s go together. You may get hit by raw eggs again.” Chanyeol cleaned his stuff up.

“No, Chanyeol-ah. They won’t throw me anymore. Also, I want to be alone for a moment, can’t I?” Haruka almost begged and Chanyeol had to let her go alone to respect her privacy.

After she went to the toilet, she planned to visit the library, borrowing some books to read at home. Lately, she felt bored. The library, as usual, was quiet and there were no many visitors. Haruka was one of some nerdy students who actively visited and borrowed some book from it. Library was like her home after all. So, she walked through the book shelves and her eyes kept scanning some books she passed. It took some time to find the book, and unfortunately, the book was placed very high. She admitted that she wasn’t tall enough to reach that book. But suddenly, a long hand reached that book, grabbed it, and gave it to Haruka. It was Kris again.

“You always find a book to read in the top shelf.” He giggled. His smile was perfect.

“Oh—yeah. Fate.”

Kris nodded coolly. “What is it about—the book?”

“Folk things.” She answered.

“I don’t know you like folklore. It’s kind of rare.”

“Yes, everybody says that. Anyway, why are you here? Do you want to borrow some books?”

“I just finished reading my self-improvement book I borrowed last time. It was really good though. Would you mind recommending me another book, Haruka-sshi?”

Haruka was day-dreaming that she didn’t pay attention to what Kris just said.

“Haruka? Are you listening?” he asked again.

“Oh! Sorry, I was out of mind—what did you ask?”

Kris chuckled and shook his head. “You must be suffering because of those photos and cheap rumors, huh? Did you know I was there at that time? Uh—maybe you didn’t because you were unconscious. I’ve deleted the video though. But I didn’t know why it’s still there. Did they record from another camera?” he asked himself.

“You really were there? What were you doing?” she asked out of her disbelief.

“I occasionally go there—with Tao and Lay. There is someone I know in that club and—accidentally, I saw Jenny there on the second floor. I thought I should greet her and I saw that man was—you know?”

“Yeah,” Haruka didn’t know what she should say in case that she was blank right now. She just didn’t want to recall that bad memory again.

And she was quite shocked when a hand grabbed her wrist and pulled her behind. At that time, Kris was about to pat her shoulder, but the hand was faster.

“Sorry, if I bother you, but could you keep your hand off her, Kris-sshi?” It was Baekhyun. He didn’t use his wheel chair anymore, but he still couldn’t balance himself. Sometimes, he stumbled. Haruka had to grab his arm so he didn’t fall down.

“Oh—okay, never mind. I just want to console her about her problems. I know you anyway. You’re… Baekhyun, right?” Kris smirked.

“I am.”

Kris nodded and his smile. “Well, thanks for the recommendation. That book, I really enjoy reading it. Let’s meet comfortably next time, Haruka.” He gave his best smile and left the library, leaving the awkward Baekhyun and Haruka alone.

“Sorry for disturbing.” Baekhyun said and let go Haruka’s hands from his arm. He was about to leave her, but Haruka suddenly grabbed that arm again. Baekhyun sighed and tried not to heed her. Haruka grabbed that arm even tighter.

“Why do you guys keep bothering me when I’m with Kris? I don’t have to hate a person you hate, right? Oppa, tell my why!”

“He’s just not nice.” Baekhyun answered haphazardly.

“He’s nice, Oppa, as nice as you. I can’t hate him without a reason.”

“He’s not right. I can’t tell you why. I don’t have any rights to tell you. Just wait when the time is right.” Baekhyun walked away.

“Oppa.” She called.

“What’s again, Haruka?” He asked.

“Where’s your wheel chair?”

“I’m not using it anymore. I’m sick of it. You’re not eating?”

Haruka shook her head weakly. “I don’t feel like eating, how about you, Oppa?”

Baekhyun hissed as he walked. His wound was still painful. Haruka who was worried, quickly helped him. “Are you okay, Oppa? Aish, you can’t even walk properly, why don’t you sit on your wheel chair?”

“It makes me look so weak.”

“But you do look weak… let me help you,” Haruka put Baekhyun’s arm around her neck, letting him rely his body on hers, but Haruka couldn’t balance herself because of Baekhyun’s weight. They fell down on the floor. Haruka was at the bottom. Her , back, and head smashed the floor quite hard while Baekhyun was on top of her, trying to restrain his own body so he didn’t suppress her. Haruka looked like she was really in pain. She hit the floor until it made boom sound.

“Oppa—sorry…” Haruka squeaked. “I shouldn’t have spoken harsh to you. I’m sorry.”

Baekhyun got up although he stumbled a little. He then helped Haruka up. “Are you hurt somewhere?”

“No—just hurt a little and it doesn’t hurt now. I’m so sorry.”

“Are you sure?”

“I look fine, right? I’ll help you walk—this time I won’t fall you down.” She giggled.

 

***