Boreumdal Sibling

보름달 (Full Moon)

They finally arrived at Boreumdal, a really great great kingdom with very beautiful palaces. There were so many people outside the palace, trading fruits, clothes, flowers, and many else. Haruka still couldn’t believe that they were really in Joseon Dynasty where everything was still traditional and ancient—totally folk! And Haruka didn’t even know why she was so excited wearing her hanbok—old and fold one and to see how people lived in Joseon era. She was fascinated yet interested. Baekhyun had to nod and nod whenever she asked if it’s a dream or reality. She knew the answer herself, yet still asking him.

Baekhyun helped Haruka to get off from the horse, then tying it up near the front gate. Haruka once again was fascinated and didn’t focus on Baekhyun anymore. Her eyes wondered here and there, looking people walking back and forth.

“Hwarang Baekhyun?” someone called his name. Haruka widened her eyes. She was quite shocked that Baekhyun was called by ‘hwarang’. Hwarang meant a noble person who became a knight or a warrior for one kingdom. Hwarang wasn’t only one, but they were a lot of them. They were very loyal and good at fighting, including making war strategy and tactic. They were the most important people for the kingdom because they were the fortress, the ones who defended.

“Oh—Howon, are they inside?”

“I thought you were killed because you weren’t showing yourself.” Howon said.

“I just came anyway. What happened last night?”

“It was horrible. We were attacked all of sudden. Jongwol Wangseja got hurt pretty bad on his head and legs. It’s a miracle that he’s still alive.”

Wangseja meant prince.

“Jongwol Wangseja got hurt? Thanks for your information, Howon-ah. I’ll see him.” Baekhyun said. “Haruka, let’s go. Kai got hurt.”

Haruka grabbed Baekhyun’s hand. “Kai? But—that Howon said prince—prince—who?”

“Follow me, Haruka.”

“Where are we going, Oppa?” she asked, but Baekhyun didn’t even answer her.

Baekhyun brought her to the west palace, a place where all hwarang lived. When Baekhyun came, some of them approached him. They looked terribly worried. Haruka didn’t know why they acted that way and now, it seemed like—Baekhyun was pretty popular in this place.

“Where is Hwarang Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asked.

“He is taking a rest after getting medication—”

“What are you talking about?” Chanyeol suddenly appeared behind them and looked just fine. He wore purple hanbok which really suited him. He walked closer and sighed heavily.

“I get bored and walk around the palace. Oh—welcome—what should I call you?” Chanyeol spoke to her. Haruka tilted her head in confusion. “You should have just stayed in Seoul, Hwarang Baekhyun. I’m about to go there though.” He said.

“We were chased all the way here. It’s a relief that we could make it until here. What happened with you guys?”

“Sudden attack—everything’s alright, but unfortunately Jongwol Wangseja got hurt. Anyway—” Chanyeol scanned them from head to toe. “Have you told her, Hwarang Baekhyun?”

Haruka caught Chanyeol’s weird behavior. “Told me—told me about what? You know, guys, I’m so, so, so confused right now. Where are we? Are we coming here for shooting a sageuk?” Sageuk is a historical drama.

“Sssh… let’s come in.” Chanyeol dragged her to a room and asked her to sit down. Chanyeol even locked the door. Right now, they were sitting, facing one another, and Haruka was totally confused that she laughed.

“You’re not dreaming, okay? It’s hard to explain, but you’re in Joseon Dynasty right now. Here—is the palace of Boreumdal Kingdom. Up until now, do you get what I mean?” Chanyeol asked.

“Uh-huh, and then? Are we being teleported or what?”

Chanyeol clicked his tongue. “We are now in the different dimension, time, and place. Right now, you are in an era which existed long time ago before 2014. You are now in the 14th century and Seoul doesn’t exist. You get it?”

“Ok—so—I’m like in the historical drama or something? We are? And how it possibly happens? Well—I still don’t get it why we can teleport to the 14th century. And you—and Baekhyun Oppa—if I’m not mistaken, you were called—Hwarang? Well, I’ve read a lot folk things—Joseon Dynasty and you know I love it, but do I get cursed for liking folk or what?”

“You don’t get cursed. You curse them, Haru—oh, sorry.”

“I curse them? What? I—”

“You are the princess in this kingdom! You are the only daughter this kingdom has! You’re not cursed. You curse them and that’s why you were brought to the 21st century. They want to kill you. Kris, Tao, and Lay—they are asked to go to the 21st century to kill you. That’s why we’re always with you, to protect you. Don’t you know?” Chanyeol was really on fire.

Haruka was speechless. “I’m a—what?”

“He said the truth. You are the princess in this kingdom. Moonwol Gongju Agasshi, the only daughter the king and the queen have.” Baekhyun also said.

“Aish, that can’t be true, Oppa. Stop joking and tell me the truth. You probably take the wrong girl. It might be Minhwa, not me—or Jenny.”

“I assure you that we take the right person, okay?” Chanyeol asked. Haruka nodded and Chanyeol laughed. They knew Haruka wouldn’t believe it.

“Ok, then, I’m trying—I’m trying to digest your story—”

“It’s not a story! It’s real!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

“Ok—ok. Then, you are the hwarang, including Suho Oppa, Sehun Oppa, Kai, D.O Oppa, and Luhan? You are all like—the knights?”

“Chanyeol and I are hwarang. Kyungsoo will soon become a hwarang—he’s still a trainee. Luhan is not, he’s a werewolf, remember?” Baekhyun said.

“And Suho Oppa, Sehun Oppa, and Kai?”

Chanyeol sighed wearily. “Don’t be too shocked—but, they are your brothers. It’s not their real name. Suho Hyung is actually Myunwol Wangseja. Sehun is actually Sewol Wangseja. And Kai—he’s Jongwol Wangseja, your twin brother.”

“Eeih, my twin brother? that doesn’t make sense though. I don’t have any—brothers or sisters. I used to live in the orphanage with Minhwa and after turning 17 years old, I moved to Seoul.”

“Back then, you were still a baby. You didn’t know a thing, right? Well, it’s not like I know it all. Back then, we were also still a baby. Aaah… I know it will be hard to explain it to you. Myunwol Wangseja should explain it himself to make you believe.” Chanyeol grumbled.

Haruka tilted her head. “So, it’s not dreaming? Why do you keep calling them by wangseja, wangseja, and wangseja? You usually call them by their name, right? You always call Suho Oppa ‘hyung’.”

“We used to call him Myunwol Wangseja though when we’re in Seoul, when you’re not there.” Chanyeol said.

“Listen, the King should know about your arrival, Haru—sorry, I mean, Gongju Agasshi. It’s not a dream, okay? It’s the reality.” Baekhyun helped his friend, Chanyeol, to explain it. Gongju agasshi was used to call the princess of the kingdom.

“Ok, it’s weird though. Can you just call me by my name? My ears got tickled when I hear that words.” She giggled cluelessly

“So?” Chanyeol asked. “You know the truth already.”

Haruka nodded enthusiastically. “What I have to do? Shall I act normal or what? Tell me, huh?” She gave her deadly puppy eyes to both of them, making them turn their face away. They got weak easily after seeing her aegyo. “Oppa, what should I do?”

“It’s actually too good to be a reality—it’s not I don’t believe you, Chanyeol, Baekhyun Oppa. I’m afraid if I believe it, then it will soon disappear and I will end up waking up in my old and fragile bed in the orphanage. I’m afraid that meeting you is only a dream. It’s too good really.”

“You’ve been suffering a lot. I can understand your feeling.” Chanyeol mumbled.

“If it’s really true—well—it’s good really. It’s the best moment in my life. I—finally—have what I can call as a family. I want to meet them soon. Do they recognize me?”

“Let’s bring you to Myunwol Wangseja first, then. He can solve this.” Chanyeol was the first to stand up. “And remember, once you step out of this room, you are princess, okay?”

“You have to get used to be called gongju agasshi. You get it, Haruka?” Chanyeol asked by calling her name. Haruka didn’t have time to answer. It seemed like Haruka had to agree no matter what because Chanyeol suddenly grabbed Haruka’s hand and dragged her outside, to the north palace. Chanyeol explained that the north palace was the home for the king’s and the queen’s children. He also told her that Boreumdal sibling usually played together in that area when they were children.

At that time, Suho—Myunwol, was sitting in the pavilion terrace, drinking flower tea while he had his mind wandering to another place. He was startled when he suddenly saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun walked along with Haruka. He stood up hurriedly, ignoring his hanbok which became wet because the tea spilled.

“Haru—ka?” he called.

“Seja, Hwarang Baekhyun just came.” Chanyeol reported. They also could call the prince with Seja to shorten.

“Baekhyun-ah, you brought her all the way here?” Suho asked. He walked closer to them with his face full of worried.

“She might be in danger if I leave her there, Jeonha…” Baekhyun replied. Jeonha is used to call the children of the king and the king as well as a form of respect. “Also, they had already waited for us and guided that portal even before we came. Fortunately, we could survive. I’m sorry for troubling you, Jeonha.”

Suho was agaped. “Are you hurt?” he asked worriedly.

“There was a little accident, but everything was alright.”

“Jeonha, Haruka—I mean Moonwol Gongju Agasshi—has already known the truth.” Chanyeol finally opened up. Suho’s hands trembled. “She knows the truth already?”

“Oppa, is that true that you’re—my real oppa?” Haruka asked.

Suho was rather than speechless. “Haruka,” he couldn’t even continue his words.

“Oppa,” Haruka took one step closer to Suho. She looked at those two eyes of Suho straightly. “Is this real?” She mumbled, only Suho heard it. Suho, slowly, nodded and gave a slight smile to Haruka. He raised his right hand and Haruka’s messy and dirty hair. She didn’t get to wash her hair before meeting what they called as her sibling. But Suho didn’t seem to feel disgusted. He kept and , caringly.

Haruka suddenly hit his chest hardly and shouted, “Why didn’t you tell me, why?! Oppa, it’s not fair! Why it has to be me? Why my parents threw me to the orphanage, letting me struggle myself just to survive? Why, Oppa, why?”

“Moonwol-ah,” Suho called her real name and he just let Haruka to hit as many as she wanted. “Moonwol-ah…” he called again, this time Haruka stopped her attack. “Let me hug you…” he permitted himself. Haruka didn’t refuse, but also didn’t agree it. She just let herself being hugged by Suho who was actually her real brother, blood related.

“It’s like a dream to have you homed, Moonwol-ah. I’ve been worrying so much. I always have a nightmare everynight. I assure that abamama and omamama are also the same.” He once again her hair before he loosened his hug. “We should make you pretty before meeting our parents. They must be really shocked to see you here, Moonwol-ah.”

“Oppa—”

“Gongju Agasshi, you should call him ‘orabeoni’ instead of ‘oppa’.” Chanyeol said.

“Well—shall I?”

“Call me orabeoni, Moonwol-ah. We’re now in the palace.” Suho smiled. He then called some servants to wash Haruka and make her pretty while he continued his refreshing time with relax and peaceful mind.

Sehun suddenly came and shook Suho’s shoulder. “Hyung, Jongwol said he’s getting bored and wants to get some fresh air outside. I’ve told him many times but—”

“Jeonha, she has washed and got dressed prettily.” One of the servants cut off Sehun’s words.

“Tell him to come out then. Is he strong enough to walk?”

“I’ll help him.” Sehun hurriedly brought Kai whose leg was being covered by gypsum. He didn’t use wheel chair because there was no wheel chair back then in 14th century. So, he leaned his body on Sehun, and with the help of wooden cane, he walked—not that well, but he walked.

“Jeonha—don’t force yourself,” Kai’s best man was about to help, but Kai said he was fine and nothing to be worried for.

“Dam-ah, you can leave for now. Don’t worry. They will take care of me.” Kai winked to his advisor, giving him a sign to leave. After they all left, Suho clapped his hand and shouted, “Bring her inside.”

A moment later, the door was opened and a very beautiful girl with yellow and pink hanbok entered the room, giving them so much shock. Rather than shocked, they were all stuned. They just couldn’t believe that the girl who just came in was Haruka. She had her hair braided and she wore baetsi daenggi—circle-shaped accessories for hair which was usually used for a girl who hadn’t got married yet. She was totally beautiful that you couldn’t take your eyes off.

“Oppa—oh—Orabeoni…” She giggled. “Am I pretty?” she spinned her body, so they could see the back of her body with hanbok. Only Suho responded her. He nodded while having his smile hanging until his ears. “You are, Moonwol-ah.”

“Hyung…” Sehun was totally speechless.

“Guys, she’s known the truth. Thanks to Chanyeol and Baekhyun. They told her already.” Suho explained to his brothers.

Sehun who previously was quiet, suddenly he ran to Haruka and hugged her, even carried her and spinned her for several times. He smiled happily like a child who got a truck of candies.

“Welcome home, Moonwol! Welcome home!” He then put her down and cupped her cheeks. “We will have our palace shining all day long now. You should have come earlier. How’s the trip? Was it good?” Sehun asked.

“We were after a bunch of—people? I don’t know, I didn’t see. Baekhyun Oppa did. I got tripped and, luckily, Baekhyun Oppa helped me. It’s a long story.” Haruka sighed. Then her eyes caught Kai who was leaning on Suho. His leg was bandaged and it seemed very serious injury. Haruka quickly walked closer and hugged Kai. The scent of her body changed, well, maybe it was because she used different soap. But still, she smelt good, nice, and sweet.

“I—don’t know why, but I miss you a lot.” Haruka said in his ears but everybody could hear it.

“Maybe—because we’re twins?” Kai answered.

“I know right,” Haruka released her hug, giving her best smile to Kai.

“Who’s first? Me or you?” Haruka bluntly asked.

“Let’s just say, he’s first, Moonwol-ah.” Suho patted her shoulder gently.

“And do we resemble one another? Me—with Kai?”

“Jongwol,” Sehun corrected her quickly.

Haruka nodded. “Yeah, do I resemble Jongwol?”

“You do! Look, well—your habit, your favorite, and many else.” Suho said.

Haruka nodded once again.

“So, all this time you were with me—eating, studying, playing, and anything, even letting me live in your apartment because you knew that you’re my oppas?” Haruka asked for confirmation. Sehun shrugged and so did Suho. “And you didn’t tell me the truth? Hey—that’s why Chanyeol kept warning me to not fall in love with you guys. I just don’t imagine if I really fell in love with you and—I almost did.”

“With me?” Kai pointed himself.

“You’re too confident.” Suho slapped Kai’s shoulder softly.

“Yeah—” Shockingly Haruka agreed Kai’s guess. “After I knew that you helped me that night, when Luhan attacked me.”

“I know, I know, that’s why I stayed away from you—” Kai nodded. “So you’re not falling in love with me. I have strong charisma anyway. Every girl in this world will fall for me.”

“Stop that nonsense, Jongwol-ah. I’m sick of it. Anyway, Hyung, when will we reveal her to abamama and omamama?” Sehun asked charismatically. He was totally the different Sehun she knew. All this time, well, Sehun was actually cool. He didn’t talk much. But he just looked cooler right now, maybe because of his hanbok.

“Hyung, they will be shocked and they might not believe us.” Kai also said his argument.

Suho sighed. He knew their parents would do that. But no matter what, they had to tell them because Haruka was in danger now. Moreover, they were attacked last night. Yeotbam Kingdom was more aggressive than they thought they would be. It was the biggest kingdom and the most influenced kingdom in Joseon era. Without them, Joseon economy would fall. Without them, Joseon would lose their defense. Yeotbam Kingdom was the eternal enemy of Boreumdal Kingdom, eversince Boreumdal had an extremely beautiful daughter who shined brighter than the moon. They were the ones who made Boreumdal Kingdom had to throw their only princess to the 21st century. Boreumdal Kingdom had to pretend that the daughter had been killed in order to keep her safe.

“Still, they have to know.” Suho gave a slight smile to Haruka, trying to say that everything would be okay.

“Are you ready, twin?” Kai patted Haruka’s shoulder. Haruka who was currently day-dreaming, suddenly came back to her sense. She nodded, “You should have asked them instead. I’m just afraid that—that they are not ready to meet me. My sudden arrival may shock them. They—just will not believe that I’m their daughter.”

“Jongwol-ah, that’s your job to convince them…” Sehun pushed Kai’s shoulder a little lighter.

“Yeah, no problem, Moonwol-ah… They have to be shocked! They have never seen you though. They have to be speechless to know that their daughter has now grown up becomes a beautiful princess.” Kai said.

“Uh—okay, I never heard that praise comes from your mouth, Jongwol-ah. You avoided word ‘beautiful’ and ‘pretty’ if we were talking about Moonwol back then.” Sehun revealed.

“I have to say she’s beautiful, Hyung. I can’t say she’s ugly although she were—”

“I was ugly?” Haruka snorted.

Kai giggled. “You didn’t know, did you? The first time I said you were beautiful is when you dressed prettily to Jenny’s birthday invitation. That time, I have to admit that you’re beautiful—I said this as a man, not as your twin brother, okay?”

Haruka nodded, but then she widened her eyes. She surely remembered about that time. How could she forget when Baekhyun was totally torn apart and she was almost attacked by Luhan if the other didn’t come. And after that—she remembered!

“Ouch! You, ert!!” Haruka hit Kai’s arm strongly. “As a man you said? Man is always the same. You undressed me and looked everything—oh—everything. How could you do this to me? Oh—I lost my ity—”

“Ya—” Kai rolled his eyes. “I said I did nothing. I know my limit, you know? Still, although you seemed—y—but still, you’re my twin. You have to thank me because I was the one who undressed you. At least, I’m your twin brother.”

“Oh, c’mon, guys… You can’t quarrel over this small thing. C’mon, let’s meet our parents. It’s almost dinner time.” Suho got prepared. “Jongwol, don’t quarrel. Moonwol, you too.” Suho slapped Haruka’s bare forehead quite hard, making reddish mark on hers.