Baekhyun's Code

보름달 (Full Moon)

“Baekhyun Oppa…”

Baekhyun opened his eyes as soon as he heard his name was called. He fell asleep while sitting. He didn’t leave his seat at all since Haruka slept. Haruka still held his hand and she was all better. She smiled to Baekhyun as her first greeting.

“Gongju, how is your feeling? Are you feeling better? Should I bring you a glass of water?” He asked continuously.

“I dreamt of you.” She told him.

“Pardon me?”

“I dreamt about oppa. Oppa saved me once more. You looked cool and astonishing.”

Baekhyun could only stay quiet because he didn’t know what he should say. To be present in Haruka’s dream, it was something he had never imagined before.

“Oppa, you must be tired. How long have you been sitting like this, Oppa?” Haruka was about to get up, but Baekhyun pushed Haruka’s shoulder lightly, back to her position. “Oppa, I’m fine…”

“Gongju—”

“Haruka. Can’t you call me by that name, Oppa?” She asked desperately. She was getting sick of ‘gongju’ all of sudden. It was too frustrating for her. She couldn’t endure it anymore.

“You used to call me by that name.” Haruka said. “Can’t you just call me once? Just once… I—although I like folklore, but—living as a fugitive princess like this, it’s very frustrating. I don’t even know why I’m being chased like this. What did I do wrong, Oppa?”

“Gongju Agasshi…”

“Oppa—”

“Okay—Haruka,” Baekhyun gave up by calling her name.

“Call me again, Oppa…”

“Haruka.”

“That’s—” Haruka took a deep breath. “Good.”

“Rest more—Haruka…” he said.

Haruka nodded lightly. Although she was better, she couldn’t lie. She knew that her condition wasn’t that good and she needed more sleep.

“Oppa, can I hold your hand forever?” She even joked despite of her bad condition. “Holding Oppa’s hand, I feel safe and secure. Oppa, I can only trust you.”

“Tch…” Baekhyun chuckled. “You can trust the others too…”

“But, I’m comfortable with you…”

Baekhyun threw away his gaze to the floor. He surely remembered that he heard that girl also said she trusted Luhan before. She said that a lot. And For the first time, Baekhyun didn’t want to believe what Haruka said because he knew that she actually trusted them all in the same portion. She just wanted to tell everybody personally. So, that trusting, actually, didn’t mean a thing. Of course, as a family, they had to trust each other. But Baekhyun didn’t want to have the same trust that Haruka gave to the others. Indeed, he’s being greedy now. He ended up throwing his gaze to the floor, realizing it just now that the floor was an art.

“Oppa, are you angry?” Haruka asked because she found Baekhyun’s upset expression.

“No, Gongju Agasshi, I’m just—wondering…” But Baekhyun couldn’t continue his words.

“Oppa? What’s wrong?”

Baekhyun lift his head up, facing her straightly. “Gongju, of course you can trust people as you wish, but remember one thing that they might not give their trust to you. In this life, trust only lasts as a word, not an action.”

“Are you trying to say that—you don’t trust me?”

“Forgive me, Gongju Agasshi, but what I’m trying to say is for you to be careful because life is just unexpected.” Baekhyun exhaled. “I—have no one to trust but Gongju Agasshi.” He finally said.

Haruka had nothing to say. She was just speechless to hear such a word from Baekhyun.

“If billions people were facing you with their back, you could just find me because I would never give my back. Gongju Agasshi, I mean it. There’s nobody who deserves your trust.”

Haruka chuckled viciously. “I’ll remember it, Oppa. But still, I can’t understand why you still call me ‘gongju’, ‘gongju’, and ‘gongju’. I also mean it, Oppa. Just call me by my name.” Haruka got up all of sudden. “Oppa, shall we go back to Seoul so I can hear everybody call me Haruka?”

“Gongju, it’s impossible for us to leave. Just lay down…” Baekhyun laid her down again.

“Oppa, didn’t you agree to call me by my name if nobody’s around? You agreed, didn’t you?” Haruka insisted.

“It’s breaking the rule, Gongju Agasshi. Don’t be like this. You will make me uneasy…” Baekhyun exhaled wearily.

“Breaking the rule or not, I don’t want you to guard me if you still don’t call me by my name. Oppa, I better die and don’t regret it.” Haruka let Baekhyun’s hand off and covered herself with the blanket up to her crown of head. She also turned to other side, back facing Baekhyun who seemed to feel guilty.

“Don’t ever dare to follow me. Guard me only if you want to call me by my name.” She said again in vicious jokingly tone.

“Gongju…” Baekhyun called.

“Oppa miweo…” She grumbled, but it sounded cute in Baekhyun’s ears—he wanted to say that but he just couldn’t.

“I will leave first, Gongju Agasshi. Sleep more.”

 

***