5 - The Verdict

Give Your Heart A Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soon, the room began to be filled up with the panel of judges and seniors. Lee Hi and Tablo were part of it. LeeHi turned to Jennie and gave a fighting sign toward the girls.

“Okay, let’s start with Team B.” President Yang said as his eyes never leaving his clipboard. It was a dance-only evaluation for that month.

The boys swaggered to the middle of the dance studio. Music started booming from the stereo. They were dancing to ‘The Motto’ by Drake, presenting the exact same routine they did during JYP’s Battle. The President’s face hardened as B.I and his group danced to the same song, same routine for the evaluation. He pursed his lips as he stared mundanely at the dancing boys. Other panel judges were also clearly disappointed. Tablo turned to face LeeHi who was sitting beside him and arched both of his eyebrows, showing ‘well, this was not what I expected.’

The girls had their eyes set on the boys. They kept their cold expression even though they were really impressed by the boys. They are seeing it all live in front of them and they were not used to it as they only watched the boys in front of the tv screen. As they ended their routine, everybody slowly clapped. The boys were puzzled by the panel’s reaction. Are we not good enough this time?

The President didn’t even lift his hands to clap for them.

“Okay, girls, you’re next.” He coldly said.

Both teams walked past each other. The boys, who went in with confidence, left the centre spot in a feeling of defeat. The girls sashayed past the boys, not giving them a single glance.

“Fighting!” Bobby whispered to Jisoo, who was the last member to stand.

“Thanks.” Jisoo said, not really knowing how to react.

The girls exchanged eye signals. ‘Show them what we’ve got. Give them our best shot.’ their leader Jennie, signalled with her cocky smirks and eyes.

GI’s Beatles started playing, they started off with small smooth restricted moves. As the beat drops, both Jennie and Lalice did a back flip. They swiftly changed positions and their head bobbed to the music. Giving a few stunts here and there, the girls showed off their flexibility. They smiled and smirked, Yumi gave the cheekiest smile that made the President grin. Each of them moved with unison, showing off the hard work they’ve done for the past 3 months.

The boys ogle at the girls’ powerful performance. Their jaw dropped at every stunt the girls made.  They’ve never seen the female trainees dance with the exception of Lalice.

The music ended with them giving the final pose. The panel roared with cheers and claps. Tablo was surprised his juniors could improve so much within a short

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter