Thank You For Setting Me Free

Give Your Heart A Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Try to go lower and arch, Miyeon. You’ll look better.” Lalice smiled as she pats Miyeon’s shoulder from the side.

“I’ll try.” Miyeon huffed, “If only I’m THAT flexible.”

Jennie giggled. “You can take it slow Miyeon. Don’t hurt yourself.”

“Unnie, are we really gonna debut soon?” Miyeon looked at Jennie while she sat on the floor. “How long can we stand this?”

“Don’t worry, Miyeon aah. It will be very soon. I can feel it.” Jennie bit her lips and nodded in assurance.

It’s been two months since the collaboration evaluations. The girl group and Team B both got positive remarks for their teamwork. Unfortunately it was their first and last time they will ever have a collaboration evaluation. YG had plans for both groups. The boys were scheduled for a survival show again. Both teams went on their separate ways, occasionally bumping into each other in the building. They would smile and greet each other like old friends.

Jisoo and Bobby still communicated once in a while and they do hang out at the cafeteria whenever they’re free. However Bobby turned his focus into his reality shows while Jisoo focused on her trainings and acting classes.

JunHoe and Miyeon occasionally text to check up on each other but when they see each other they would turn shy and hide their blushing face.

Yunhyeong and Lalice kept their distance even though Lalice was unsure what she felt about him. Yunhyeong would ask around or keep tabs on her to see if she’s doing well sometimes but they never really talk whenever the coincidentally met in the building.

The boys were busy filming for their survival show as it determines their future in the company. They were joined by three new male trainees, Jung Chanwoo, Hong Jinhyeong and Yang Hong Seok.

The girls were also busy with the survival of their own. Two new trainees, Jang Hanna and Park Jinny joined them soon after. Everything was going well in the group and they saw Team B and Winner’s success as a motivation for them to work harder. However EunBi chose to leave a week after the evaluations due to her severe spine injury. The girls were devastated that their loving mat-Unnie left and some even struggled to hold back their emotions. They parted peacefully and wished each other good luck.

“I miss EunBi unnie already.” Jisoo laid on the dance floor. “How long has it been?”

“Five weeks.” Jennie replied.

“You girls must’ve been very close to her huh.” Hanna innocently asked. “I always wondered what was she like?”

“She’s the mother of the group.” Lalice answered , “Nagging Machine.”

They girls giggled and laughed as they told the new members about their previous member.

Jennie’s phone vibration stirred her away from the bittersweet conversation. It was a text message from an unknown number.

 

“Meet me at the rooftop.”

Hanbin

Jennie got up and excused herself to the toilet, Jinny asked if she could go along with her. Jennie rejected her nicely while picking up her jacket on the way out.

“Wait why does she has to wear a jacket….. to the toilet? It’s just right down the hall.” Jisoo wondered out loud.

Jennie took the elevator up and her mind was filled with questions on why B.I wants to meet her.

Is he unhappy? Did I do something wrong? She asked herself.

Soon she found herself walking towards the access door to the rooftop. As soon as she swung the door open, she was greeted by a back view of a boy. He was wearing a black snapback, a sweater and a pair of jeans.

“Well well, if it isn’t Mr Kim….” Jennie leaned on the door frame. “I wonder why you asked me to meet you here. Aren’t you busy with Mix and Match?” she smiled.

B.I turned around with an embarrassed smile. “Well hello there Miss Kim, nice to see you too.” He sarcastically replied. “I just need some air…. And a buddy to talk to.”

Jennie walked towards his spot. “If you think I’ll be that ‘buddy’, then you’re wrong. I’m a busy person too you know.”

B.I nodded and looked back at where he was staring at. It was the skyline of Mapo-gu. Busy streets and calming skies. The air was fresh and the breeze was cool. Jennie stood beside him with a certain distance.

She took a deep breath and breathed in the fresh scent of a fall sunset. “So… how are you?” she asked quietly and stared at the orange sky.

“I’m doing well.” B.I blinked and look at her, “How about you, Jennie?”

The sound of his voice when he called her name sent shivers down her spine. “Doing great.” She forced a smile and stared back at him.

“Lies.” He said. “I can see it in your eyes.” He stared back intently.

Jennie turned away as fast as she could but B.I grabbed her chin and forced her to face him. He stood closer to her so that he was staring down at her.

“I’ve missed you.” He whispered as his breath casted a white vapour under the sunset light. His fingers ghosted over her face.

Jennie blinked slowly as her eyes casted over his eyes, nose and lips. The features about him that she missed the most. “I’ve missed you too…. Even though I can’t… but I still do.”

“Sometimes I hate being under the company rules, if we’re both just normal people I would already make you mine by now.” He determinedly declared.

“I… I don’t know what to say...” She blushed and took a step back.

“Jennie you are the muse behind my songs. I hope you know that.” He pulled back his fingers from her face, which his heart was hesitated to do.

“And you are my motivation to work hard, B.I.”

For some reason he didn’t like it when she called him B.I. It was like she made a clear line between B.I and Hanbin. He wanted her to know that HanBin was there with her, not B.I. He shook it off and told himself that he could prove it to her.

“I heard what you did for me.” Jennie said.

“About what?” he asked.

“About you putting your potential career on the line just to make the President take me back…. I feel like I owe you my life for that.”

B.I chuckled. “Naah, you don’t need to owe me anything. That is just something a friend would do.”

Jennie’s smiled dropped by the mention of ‘friend’. “Yeah… totally.” Her eyes casted down to the floor.

B.I took a small breath and added, “because when your heart goes crazy for that one person, you’ll do crazy things to make her stay.”

Jennie looked up aga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter