The Proposal

Just Not You

“ Listen here young lady, you better stop running now and get into this dress!” I yell at Sasi who dodging attempts to get ready for the Vogue Grand Fashion Awards, which is precisely in an another two hours. We have to be there all dressed and well kept, and here I am still in my jammies. I have no clue where Siwon is.

“ No! I don’t want to wear it!” Sasi screams from the other side of the couch.

“ I am not allowing you to wear you dinosaur onzie! You will look really pretty in this. I even got you matching purse to go with your dress!” I tell her trying to get her ready.

“ But it is red! I don’t like red.” She screams back. Right then, I see Siwon coming out from the bedroom drying his hair.

“ You will look like a strawberry and you like strawberries, don’t you Sasi?” Siwon asks her.

“ No! I don’t want that dress. I want my dino!” she screams at him.

“ Listen here…” Siown kneels down in front of her. “ If you dress up well and wear that beautiful shoes and sling on that purse, you will get a gift at the party we are going to and I will buy you an ice-cream too.” he lies to her…I hope he lied.

Sasi thinks for a minute and then replies, “ ok!”

“ Oh praise the lord!” I throw my hands in the air and get to her. She giggles and screams as I pick her up and take her to her bedroom. After about thirty minutes of struggling with my angle, I rush to my bedroom to get ready. I see Siwon lounging on the bed watching TV.

“ Why are you not ready?” I ask him in panic.

“ Baby, I just need to wear my tux and I’m ready to go.”

“ Really? You do know this is kind of a big deal event right?”

“ Yup!”

“ Then get ready? Or do you want me to get you ready?” I ask in frustration. Like father like daughter. Siwon drops the remote from his hand and plops himself on his elbow, with a devilish grin on his face. “ Now that’s a preposition I wont be able to forgo.” He says. Jeez.

“ Do whatever you want. I’m getting ready.” I say and walk into the bath. I take exactly 15 minutes to shower and moistures. When I get out, I don’t see Siwon. But his home clothes folded and out on the rack. I assume he is ready.

I go to our closet and get the dress out from the plastic covers. Siwon bought me an Elie Saab dress. After numerous arguments, Siwon bought me a Hollywood red, silk chiffon dress that clings on to me and at the same flares around like a red cloud. The frills are beautiful and the deep V neck elegantly shoes off my chest and collar bone. I put it on over my matching Victoria secret red knickers and bra and struggle to get the zipper. “ Wait, let me get that” I hear Siwon’s voice and when I look up at the large stand up mirror, I see Siwon at his best.

He is dressed in an Armani black silk suit with crisp white shirt and Gucci men shoes complete with a rhinestone black bow tie. His hair is groomed back and he smells of manly cologne. In short, he looks like a bloody, damn hot million bucks! Looking at him, sends me shivers down my spine that creates a certain pleasurable ache in my core. My lips part and I am very much aware my breathing is shallow. He always takes my breath away.

I hold my dress tightly, because with the way I’m feeling right now, I could drop it and crumple the beautiful dress. Siwon stands behind me and breaths into m ear, “ don’t look at me like that, it make me want to some bad things to you.” ! Its not helping!

His fingers touch the zipper and the skin if my back. There is a bolt of electricity that runs into me. I almost jerk. “ Yeah baby, I feel it too.” he pulls the zipper up and traces the nape of my neck and my collar bone. “ I will have a ball of a time peeling every frill of the dress off you tonight and I very much look forward to it.” he whispers which makes me moan. I am that shameless.

He holds me around my waist and rests his chin on my shoulder and looks at me in the mirror. He breaths in and out and whispers, “ you look beautiful” he sys and kisses the nook of my neck. Those three words does not have even an atom of lust that were there just a few seconds ago but pure love- just love of us.

“ Do I, really?” I ask him.

“ You do… you are just so beautiful.” He unwraps himself off me and walks out the closet giving me space to get ready. Before he exits the bedroom, he looks at me and says,“ tonight baby…tonight.”  With a wink and my body has gone into full boil.

Brushing away any naughty thoughts off my mind, I decide to get ready. I check the time, and I have about 45 minutes. I open my vanity draw and get to work.

After about 40 minutes, I am ready and I take one last look at the full length mirror. I brush off and fluff my Elie Saab, I fluff my little tendrils of hair that frame my face. I tied my hair into a messy, soft bun with a decorative red stoned hair accessory. I kept my make up very holly wood style. Sharp eyeliner & mascara and wine colored lips and complete with some light touches of blush. I accessorized my ears with teardrop rubies and my hands with an elegant watch and a string of ruby bracelet.

I finally step on to my Gucci 4 inch heeled pumps (which Siwon made me buy when he bought  his shoes!) . Last but not least, I spray some Givenchy perfume; pick up my Mark original clutch (which he gifted me on his arrival in Seoul. Yes, I argued with Siwon on this matter as well, which he shut me up with a super hot kiss. I rested my case there. He really knows how to shut me up!)

I step out and open the door. I see Siwon and Sasi watching some cartoon on TV.

“ Ahem…” I clear my throat with the intention of calling their attention.

They both swing their heads. I have my eyes fixed on Siwon and how he may react.

“ Ahem…” she made a noise. Sasi and me turned our to see Dara. “ wow!” stunning is not a word I could use to describe the way she looks. My mouth goes dry and my heart is pounding. God, she is just so strikingly beautiful. Seeing her like this makes me nervous about what I’m about to do today evening.

“ So what do you two think? Too much?” she asks us. But her eyes are on me and me alone.

“ Mummy! You look like a big strawberry! So pretty! We both have matching clothes!” Sasi jumps of my lap and runs to her mum. Dara immediately picks her up and kisses her pink cheek.

“ You think I look ok?” she asks her again.

“ You look pretty!” Sasi says again and Dara puts her on her feet and Sasi’s attention is caught by Dara’s shiny purse and I get Dara’s attention again. I stand up trying to find the words to tell how amazing she looks.

Sasi runs off into her room with Dara’s clutch. “ So what do you think?” Dara shyly asks me. If she asks me like this again I would do what I want to do tonight, right now… this minute.

I walk up to her and caress her cheek and drag my eyes off her face and look at her stunning figure wrapped in the silk chiffon. “ you are just gorgeous.” She smiles and drops her head with a blush. I lean forward to kiss, but she leans back. “ Sorry… make up.” she points at her well made lips.

I laugh and back off. “ Stay with me the entire evening. Otherwise some douche will try his tricks on you.” I say as a warning. She laughs and tell me, “ really? Have you seen yourself? I’m going to keep a hawk’s eye to see if any super model is flirting with you.” she says. We have not been officially declared as a couple, even though there has been rumors. Besides, this is going to be Sasi’s first public appearance in the Seoul.

“ Right lets get going. It’s time. I think Sam has already got the car upfront.” I say. Sam our driver has been waiting for a while all dressed up and taking instructions from my dad about our arrival.

“ Sasi!” I give her a shout and our little angel comes running out from her room. I let the ladies out the door and I lock our home door behind them. As we wait for the elevator, I try to put up an act. “ Oh I forgot!” I act up.

“ What? Your wallet?” Dara asks me without a clue that I am acting here.

“ No…” right then the elevator dings. “ you go ahead. Sam will be waiting at the door for you. I’ll be back In a giffy.” I tell them and walk towards our house door. Dara with a confused look walks into the elevator.

I go straight to the bedside table, open the draw and pick up the black velvet. Inside that black velvet box is our future… Dara’s and my future… as a family… as husband and wife.

I open the box and there stands, mighty and proud, a 4-carat single stone solitaire diamond embedded between 8 blue sapphires, on glorious 24-carat gold. I smile to myself and at the same time nervousness starts to seeps into me. How am I going to do this?

 

“ Where is your fath… where is Sisi Sasi? What is taking him so long?” I ask my daughter who seems to be enjoying the company of Sam.  I stop myself before I blurt out ‘father’ again in front of Sasi. Its getting late and the traffic is going to be a hell of a struggle.

When I pick up the phone to call him and right then, the door open and Siwon slides in next to me. “ Let’s go?” he asks me with a dashing smile. My tension and frustration just vanishes. Jesus, im so weak with this man of mine!

“ Got all you want?” I ask. He looks at me and there is a bead of sweat falling off his forehead along this hairline. But he smiles at me and nods. I pick up a tissue and dab the sweat. Is he nervous? Is he scared? Why? I mean we have done so many of these shows. I still remember the speech during the launch of Neon Lights. He was amazing. Why is sweat oozing nervous?

“ You ok?” I ask him with concern. He puts his index finger between my forehead to ease the little frown I had in-between. “ Don’t frown…your make up will get ruined, and I intend to ruin it later.” He says and once again the charming Siwon is back.

Within 15 minutes we are in the area of 4 Seasons, Seoul and the whole road is shut off for the event. There are paparazzi everywhere. Journalists are running from pillar to post and media caravans are lighted up with every minute fashion news being telecasted live. Apart from these, fans of the various celebrities coming to the event are screaming their heart out. This is some real big event huh?

“ Vogue has really out done this time. I never expected such a big event.” I say in awe. Siown hold my hand and squeezes it. When I look at him, I see him texting someone.

“ Who are you texting?” I ask.

“ Just my mum… she says she and Nancy have arrived.”

“ Oh My God we are soo late.” I start to panic!! Oh we are soo late and Siwon has to be up on stage to pick up the award!! “ Dara! Dara! Stop panicking. We are almost there!” Siwon tells me.

In another 15 minutes we dodge our way through the fans, media, journalists, crowd and celebrity’s diva cars. We arrive in the portico of the hotel and the well groomed doorman opens the car door for us. The minute we step out, the journalist come rushing towards us with their mics pointing at us and asking questions we hardly understand. I’m pretty sure the questions were about who I am and what is Siwon’s relationship with me.  But we smile for the cameras and walk in.

We are greeted by a wonderfully dressed, anorexic lady, who I assume is a model working to get extra pay and then we hear a loud squeak by Nancy. Sasi runs to hug her and I follow behind her.

Nancy is dressed very beautifully in a half white silk gown with gold beadwork. She looks exactly like an Arabian queen off some old Persian tale. “ You look amazing!” I tell her. “ And look at you! You’re heating up the damn place gurl!” she tells me with her ‘swagger’ language.

“ Hey gorgeous!” Siwon greets her. “ Where is Ethan?” Siwon questions.

“ Getting me drinks. I said I would meet him at our seats. Your mum and dad have already taken their seats and so has yours Dara.” Nancy looks at me.

“ They are here?” I look at Siwon.

“ Yes, I invited them. We are getting an award and the condition was bring family. So I did.” Siwon stern tone put on the edge of argument. “ There you are!” we hear Ethan’s voice with a couple of Champaign flutes in hand.

“ Hey Ethan!” I greet him. He literally British testosterone on legs. His dirty blond hair combed back, showcasing his piercing blue eyes and that killer smile that can make any woman swoon. “ Be careful Nancy, there are many women here tonight…” I say winking at Ethan. “ Don’t blame me for looking this good.” he teases back, handing over a flute to Nancy.

“ Ahem.” Nancy scowls at him.

“ Alright! Alright! Come one lets take a seat.” We ladies go front and the men join us behind us, keeping their conversation flowing.

We enter the large hall where a full-length runway is put together and a dazzling podium on the far left of us. As we stand gaping at the wonderfully made runway and the largeness of the event, another anorexic, well groomed lady approaches us helping us find our seats. We follow her. “ Here you go sir and madam. Enjoy the how, champing will be served to you.” she says, hands us our progrmme list and walks away.

We are given front row seats on the right side of the runway and give us full side view of the stage. It’s a brilliant spot. Once we settle, Siwon’s mother comes to hug us. She is of course wonderfully dressed in silk and well made. The title ‘Choi Woman’ is written all over her elegantly. Behind her, I see my mum. My heart clenches in sadness that makes me want to go hug her tight. But something stops me. I can’t deny it, she looks sophisticated in her Vintage silk.

“ You look lovey dear.” My mother says and I just bow down without a word or a smile because I just cant. I don’t know what to say. I am still angry and I just want this show to get over for them to fly back.

“ Of course she does. I picked that dress out for her.” Siwon jokes. I give him a ‘shut up now, or I’ll kill you’ look. I still don’t say anything or look her way. I sit and with my eyes I indicate Siwon to sit with me.

Siwon’s mum however understand the awkwardness and she tells my mum, “ come on Ann, lets take our seats, I think the show will be starting soon.” My mom does not take her eyes off me and I try my best to keep a straight face.

“ Why are you…” Siwon starts but is immediately cut by the greetings of his Dad. I get up to wish him and of course my dad is with him. The evening just gets worst. I already have lost my friendly face.

“ You look very nice Dara” Mr. Choi appreciates me. “ She gets her beauty genes from me.” my dad joins in. Oh my God? Really? I open my mouth to say something and Nancy cuts short, “ Gentlemen, lovely to see you. Better lets take our seats, the show is almost going to start.”

“ Yes of course…” Mr. Choi says and my dad has his head dropped. It stings to see my father like that. But I have to accept. Seeing him in a crisp Armani after all these years, I fell that may be I did get my beauty genes from him.

The parents sit behind us and next to me, Nancy and Ethan take their seats. “ Mum, can I go sit my grandma?” Sasi asks. I hesitate and Siwon immediately gives her permission. I assume she would be going to sit with Siwon’s mum but she runs to my mum and take a seat in-between her two grandmothers.

We turn around to face the stage. “ dont ignore Dara. That’s being rude.” Siown says sharply.

“ I don’t like that you invited them here, but yes I will be camera conscious.” Siwon opens his mouth to say something but I cut him again and say, “ if you want to argue with me on this, lets do it at home and not here. Remember Neon Lights.” I say and he gives me a dirty look. I’m sure this issue is going to come up again.

However, in the crowd and in the happening around us, our issue is compartmentalized for the time being. In the time being, we go to mingle with guests who have come and so does Nancy and Ethan. We meet with different designers, celebrities, a few politicians and business people. I got to meet my favorite actor Tom Hiddleston and god I turned into a total fan girl. After I finished talking to him, I turn around and i was greeted my Korean celebrity crush Bi Rain. Oh My God, I am melting. “ Ahem.” Siwon teases me looking at the way I’m drooling for him.

Well he had his share too flirting with actresses like Kim tae Hee and Kiristen Stewart who made it to the event. Suddenly out of the blue Mr. Han of the Han Industries shows up. yes, the very same Han of Han Ga In. I feel like standing on top of a deadly cliff.

“ Hello Siwon, it’s a pleasure meeting you here.” he says. Siown holds me by my waist tightly, in a way to protect me and in a way telling me to save him.

“ Mr. Han.” Siwon nods.

“ Who is this lovely lady here?” he asks. There is some cold, wickedness in there but I also find some unnamed warmth.

“ This is Sandara Evelyn Day, my significant other.” he says, turns around, pulling me with him and walks away to our seats. Siwon’s hands are rigid, cold and stiff. I see his face and there is frown, anger and fear on his face. I pull him to a corner; cup his face in my hands and say, “ its ok baby. It’s a public event, we’ll get through this together.” I say and give him a quick kiss on his cheek and take our seats.

Siwon has not let gone of my hand and his anger is still on his face. The lights dim and so does he music. “ baby….cheer up.” I say and gives me a smile. It does not ease the pain in my heart, but I push it back. Nancy comes back after mingling with the guests and tell me, “ Dara, you have no idea who I met just now! I met David Gandy!!”

“ The real David Gandy??” oh that super hot model!! Nancy and me have had shameless nights of drooling over him and cracking some very dirty jokes with him in it.

“ No the duplicate! Oh My God the real one and Jesus, he is on legs!”

“ Excuse me?” Ethan confronts.

“ Oh god! Oh god! How did I miss him?” I jump

“ Because you were all over Tom and Rain” Siwon shows his jealously just like Ethan.

“ Oh shut up!” I scold Siwon and turn to Nancy. “ Can you introduce him to me?? I really want to take a photo with him and then may be frame it and hang it in the office. I can stare at him all day!”

“ can you believe her?” Siwon asks in ridicule to Ethan.

“ Siwon, you should have seen Nancy, she would have disowned me in front of that guy!” Ethan says.

“ Oh baby… you own me alright…always…” suddenly all of us see electricity in between them.

We turn away not witness the PDA happening between Nancy and Ethan. “ You are not going anywhere near him” Siwon whispers which makes me smile. He feels jealous. My man feels jealous.  After a couple of minutes of full on PDA, Nancy turns to me and informs me, “ David is flying to Dubai later this month and we have agreed to talk business. This is on a serious note. If we get him, SImple WONders will be one step up.”

“ This is awesome news. Well done.” I congratulate Nancy. She is always professional no matter how fan girly she becomes.

“ Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to the glorious, fashionable, stunning, Vogue Fashion Awards. Its my pleasure to welcome you all tonight.” A lady in green strapless dress- yet another anorexic speak on the mic from the set podium.

“ We should really do a ‘real woman’ campaign or something.” I whisper to Siwon. He nods, smiles and take my hand in his.

“ To join me, I would like to welcome a wonderful designer, the wonder boy of the fashion industry, Mr. Mark Carlos!” OMG! Mark!! Mark our friend!!! Our eyes go wide!! ! Me and Nancy stand and applaud when Mark takes over the podium. He is all his gay fashion glory.

“ Did you know about this?” I ask Siwon as I sit and try to look at the programme list in the dark. Siwon smiles and nods a no. what’s with his nodding. Is he nervous again? Or has the meting with Mr. Han put him in this situation?

“ Thank you darling.” Ah that Darling- so Mark.

So many stunning women and handsome men. I have no idea where to see. I’m being blinded by all the beautiful people here. Hey Tom, you did not call me.” he jokes looking at Tom Hiddleston and making the guests laugh.

“ Right I’ll deal with him later. So starting off, we will have the runway filled with designs by top 10 designers, selected by Vogue Korea and one secret, prestigious designer will reveal his master piece. That’s going to be s surprise to who he is and what he will be revealing. Then come the awards. So still back, sip that expensive Champaign and enjoy the show.” Mark completes his little welcome speech and goes behind screens. I so want to hug him and say hello. I wonder why he has not come to say hi after we had a quick meet up. Well that’s mark anyway.

Soon, the runway is filled with models showcasing the clothes created by fashion designers from around the world. Siwon and me take note of the designs and the creativity used by designers and see who we can work with in the future. Nancy does the same for SImple WONders.

After about an hour and half later, Mark in on the stage again and announces, “  I have been notified that the secret designer will not be revealing his creation just now. He has requested his revelation to be moved to a later time. Now we will go ahead with the awards.”

I look at Siwon and ask him, “ Who do you think it is?” he shrugs without a word. Hhmmmm…whats with him?

“ Can I welcome the brilliant, stunning, gorgeous, Lee Myung Hee, Vogue Editor in chief.” He says and he beautiful lady in a fashion statement of her own enters and takes the center stage.

“ Thank you Mark. Ladies and Gentlemen, I take the honor and pride in welcoming you all this evening for the Vogue Grand Fashion Awards. As you know, Vogue has been in the forefront in fashion and tries to quench the thirst of fashion for its dedicated readers. Helping us in every way are the designers and the companies who create something fabulous everyday…” the editor in chief’s welcome speech is amazing. I could listen to her all day long. The tone, the technical details she shared with us, the competition of the publishing industry was all well told by her. In that note, I’m wondering if Choi Industries ever thought of entering the publishing sector. Hmm..

“ So once again, I would like to welcome you all. Thank you.” she finished her speech. Applause rose like thunder fro her.

Soon, the awards were presented to the winners of various categories for contributing to the fashion industry.

Excuse me darling, give me a minute.” Siwon whispers into my ear.

“ Where are you going? The awards are starting now.”

“ I wont be long. Don’t worry.” He kisses my forehead and heads off somewhere behind the stage form the side.

“ Where is he going?” Nancy asks me. “ I have no idea. May be to pee?” I tease.

When a man has to go, he has to go.” She teases him again.

It’s been more than 15 minutes and Siwon is not be found anywhere; our award nomination is coming too close and im getting nervous. If he does not show up soon, it would either be Mr. Choi or me who has to go up on stage. But I don’t think I can do it. The crowd is intimidating me. I already feel I will do something stupid, like trip and fall or blurt something silly infront of the actors I love. I nervously start to look for him. I even try for his phone but he keeps cutting off.

“ Now, lets move on to Fastest Growing Fashion Brand of the Year.” Mark announces. Oh ! That’s us and Siwon is still not here.

I turn to Mr. Choi to ask him if he would be ready to go up on stage and receive the awards. Right that moment, the lights on stage brighten up and we hear an unusual voice. But I cant let all that distract me.

Nancy starts to pat me on my shoulder. I push her off trying to get Mr. Choi’s attention. “ Dara!” she calls for me. “ Nancy one minute please?” I ask her again. “ Dara! Look its Rosa!” WHAT? ROSA? The designer grandeur? Like what? I immediately turn on my chair and look at the stage and yes its Rosa and he is looking at me. Oh no, he is staring at me. Is he the secret designer of the event? I give him a smile, but then he does not return it and he turns away. What can I expect from this grand master.

“ Dear all, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Lucio Rosa. I am a humble designer.” He states and looks at me. That is so weird. Well, yeah we have met like years back, but does he still remember me?

“ So you have all been informed that I will be reveling a new master piece, yes, I will be doing so. But before that, I would like to tell you story… a love story actually.”

 What’s he up to now? Where the hell is Siwon! He so should be here to see this. I mean he did work with Rosa.

“ There was once a man, who is named to be arrogant and his charm and handsomeness took him places and he got all he wanted. But then one day, a lady walked into his office and put him in his place and told him this is what she is and this is how its going to be. Her attitude and brilliance, made him fall flat for her. He confessed his feelings for her, but she did not answer. He fought for her and finally he claimed her heart. One day he proposed to her to be his lawfully wedded wife, but karma started playing in their lives and brought out some old demons. These demons broke them apart. After years, they reunited and their passion was instantly reignited. Love brought them back and their pure love was transformed into a beautiful angel- a little baby girl. This lady has become everything of this man. She is more than his better half, she has become his heart beat, his next breath, his mornings and his nights and most of all , his very oxygen. Now this man, would like to ask this lady- his lady love a question with all of you as a witness…” he completed. I was gaping. ‘lady love?’ did he just summarize our love story? What is happening? My world was spinning and where is Siwon?

Right then, Siwon walks on the stage from behind the screens where the models walks in and out before. What the hell is he doing up there? With that smirk on his face? I grab Nancy’s hand so tightly she had to actually wiggle herself out.

I was so nervous that heart was literally pounding in my ears and all I could hear was my breathing and my heartbeat. I look forward and I see the media taking pictures of my every step and me on the well-made stage. I keep up my posture and the media smile I always reserve. Rosa turns to look at me and gives me slight nod and a tiny smile. I walk up to him and shake his hand. When we both look at the audience, everyone has a question on their faces and the biggest one with red siren is on Dara’s face.

“ Thank you Mr. Rosa. It’s a great pleasure to have you tell the world my love story.” I say.

“ It was my pleasure. I always support true love. The stage is all yours, my man.” He says and walks back behind stage. I take a minute to look around the gaping audience and my very confused family and most of all, my lover, who thinks, I’ve totally lost my marbles.

“ Dear friends, this is a beautiful evening and I’m very grateful to the people of Vogue Korea who allow me to stage this craziness of mine. It just shows, how pathetically romantic they are too- like me. The media has sung my praises- a lot in fact, telling the world, I’m the next fashion thinker of the Korean business scene, who could do literally anything and some even went to the extent of calling me the prince of fashion industry. But what they all failed to see is, all that success, does not belong to me; not even 1%, but to vey brilliant, intelligent, beautiful young lady, who always stood off the spot light and made sure I get all the applause and the appreciation.”

I turn towards Dara because now all I can see is just her. “ She is the most modest and the bravest woman I have ever met. She fought for herself and she fought for me. She is a woman who is beautiful in and out. She captures me- my heart and my soul in every small thing she does. Her smile can bring me back from my deepest hell and take me to the pleasure of heaven within seconds. She has given me a gift that none on earth can ever give me. She gave me a gift that is a part of her and me. All these years I have known her, she has taught me to live life… she made me live life. So ladies and gentlemen, I would like to ask this great woman in my life one small question… Dara baby?” I say and open my hand out to her and immediately the spot light falls on her making her squint her eyes. The audience’s heads all turn towards Dara trying to catch a glimpse of my lady love. There are whispers already in the crowd.

“ Go on up Dara…don’t make the man wait any longer.” Mark goes to her and helps her to her feet because honestly she needs the help after the public speech I gave. After a minute, she takes Mark’s hand and walks up on stage, her face pale and her hands cold. Yup, she is super nervous. I can go to the extent of saying I can hear her heart thumping.

When she comes closer, I hug her and envelop her under the nook of my right arm letting her in the light, “ this ladies and gentlemen is the lady of my dreams, my love, my heart, my soul, my mind, my fighter, my friend, my critic…” I drag a long breath, “ my next breath.” she looks up at me. The media is having a ball of a time clicking pictures after pictures of us.

I turn towards her, “ so Dara, I would like to ask you a question… a question, I wanted to ask you very long ago.” I go down on my one knee, in front of the international audience, the local and international media, live broadcast, the artist, celebrities, businessmen and our family. I bring out the black box from inside my jacket.

“ Will you do the honor of marrying me and becoming my Mrs. Sandara Siwon Choi?” I ask her holding the black velvet box open to her.

Dara is gaping and her breaths are shallow. I think she is going to pass out because of the shock I just gave her. I have never seen Dara this jolted. Her eyes are fixed somewhere on my face, yet they are not focused. She is outright shocked and I’m on my one knee praying that she would say yes- finally.

“ Yes.” She whispers, hardly audible. I look up at her, her eyes because her eyes always tell me the truth. “ Yes” she says louder. That one word put me on top of the word.

Yes! Siwon I will marry you! I will be your Mrs. Dara!” she screamed making the audience stand up and applaud for her acceptance. The entire arena ignited with applause and whistles and happiness. There were tears down her cheeks.

I slid the diamond ring on her finger and got up on my feet. The moment I steadied, she hugged me, hugged me so tight that I felt she gave me her life on a silver platter. I can hear her sobbing on my shoulder and I let it be. I hold her on tight and not letting the media see my Dara cry.

I indicate Mark to give me the mic again. “ I have another person to ask something.” right on time, Nancy pushes Sasi up to the stage. She is feared just like her mother. I untangle myself from Dara and she lets me. I go down on toes in front of Sasi who has a deer-in-the-headlight look on her face.

“ Sasi baby, can I be your daddy from now on?” I ask her. She takes a moment to think. Her thinking time makes the audience go silent and a few go ‘ awww

Then she puts her hand out to caress my cheek, just like her mum. “ ok daddy.” She said. She called me daddy for the very first time. I am a daddy for an angel- a father.  Words cannot explain the race of my heart.

“ Oh baby.” I say and take her in my arms. I stand up and pull Dara into my embrace and we stand as a family for the media. They click to their satisfaction.

I look at Siwon who has a fulfilling smile. A smile that can explain that he has won the world. It’s a smile that can bring down the stars and at that moment, I fell for my man even more. I pull his face and kiss him hard, making the guests go wild. Their applause raised the roof off the building. I could sense many were standing and giving us their blessings with their ovation. But I did not feel any of that. All I could feel was his heartbeat and my breath mingling together with out love, which has overcome battles and yet never broke.

I tore away from him and looked at him. His eyes spoke more than words. We turned to the audience and smiled once again and for the very first time, I felt shy. I know I been shy, but this is been with family or friends or Siwon…but now its different and for the very first time, I felt shy.

Siwon put Sasi on her feet and took the mic from Mark, “ thank you Vogue, for helping me do this. Thank you Mrs. Lee Myung Hee for giving me this prestigious stage for asking the most important question of my life to my ladylove. Thank you for understanding not mine, but Dara’s passion for fashion.  Thank you to you all for being the witness of this great moment in my life. Guess now Dara will not able to back out. She had the entire world witness her acceptance to be my wife.” Oh silly Siwon!

“ So thank you once again.” He hugged me and carried Sasi on his arms and we went down the stairs.

Nancy was already on her feet ready to grab me in her arms and she did. I could no contain my smile- no grin. It was an all 32 kind of grin. Siwon’s mum and dad hugged me and I could even see the little tear in my mother-in-law’s eyes. I turned to see my mum and dad and in all these years, I saw genuine happiness in my father’s face. My mum was on his shoulder letting her happy tears flow off. I could not say anything to them, but somewhere deep in my heart, I felt like rushing to them and hugging them. But no. My dad’s cruel words played in my mind again. We settled down and Siwon went up on stage to get the Award for our brand from Rosa himself. Rosa then revealed his master piece which stunned everyone once again.

As the event resumed, I turned to Nancy and asked her, “ you knew about all this?”

Her eyes widened and said, “ NO. I had no idea he would do something like this. This is crazy. He told me about he awards and that it would be nice if he had us here. We were like, we’ve  not seen Seoul, so lets go. But this is a total shocker for all of us.” she said. Siwon came down to our seat, gave me a quick peck on my cheek and handed the award. It was a beautiful engraved crystal of a dancing lady statue indicating the celebration of fashion.

The rest of the evening went as quickly as possible. I just could not wait to get home and celebrate this moment with my family and then with Siwon. This is beyond words. I look down at my finger which is now beautifully decorated with a gold diamond and blue sapphire ring, takes my breath away, just like my man Siwon.

I am one lucky lady and all his.

“ Yes, you are… ” Siwon answers as though he heard my thought. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Marry Me?" - Siwon

"Yes..."- Dara

____________________________________________

Hello everyone and a special hello to my subscribers!!

So, Finally Siwon put the 'ring on it' ;)

Also i started my Twitter. Since im new to it, i need your advice and follow back!

i'm:  @Aworldofmyown11

Dont forget to share your excitment of this chapter!

__________________________________________________

To Be

_________________________________

Continued