Sandara is here!

Just Not You

Thank you very much Mr. Choi. It was an absolute pleasure talking to you.”

“It is our pleasure Ms. Day to have you on board for our fashion business.”

I heard Mr. Choi say in a very corporate voice. I’ve heard such voices since the time I entered the work field, so it never really bothered me, but it always warned me to keep my guards up. I chose the most aggressive field of work because I love it. Being a fashion industry consultant, I have to understand the company, the people in the company, the management, the strategy, the market, the target market and every other boring detail and make it fun, funky and very me. That’s my trade of business and I will not give up on it. I work the way I want and I will deliver results.

I spent the last two years in Spain doing business with a rather new designer who was trying to put out his line for the upcoming fashion week in London, New York and Paris. I find it much easier and fun to work with new designers than old ones. However the experience you gain from the experienced designers are competently different.

Now, I have got this new assignment to be part of the Choi International Group’s Neon Lights fashion brand. A new brand, a new market, very corporate, a fantastic package, seemed like a good offer, I took it. I will be moving to the bustling city of Seoul in another month to start with the ground research.  A city or rather a part of the world I’ve never been to. Its definitely going to be different.

 

** A month later:

Miss Sandara Day?” an old Korean man who was wearing a driver’s uniform greeted me.

“Yes that’s right. Who are you?” I asked

“I’m from the Choi Group of companies. I was ordered to take you to your apartment and help you out till you settle down.

“Thank you very much for that. But how did you know I was Sandara?”

“They told me a pretty foreign lady will be arriving.”

“Ah!....are you flirting with me?” I asked as a joke.

“No, they gave me a picture of you.” he answered with a smile and we walked to the parking.

We boarded the silver Mercedes and took off. “My name is Han Sung Woo and this is my telephone number. You can call me anytime of the day for any issue.” “Thank you Mr. Sung Woo.” I  said.

He dropped me off at my new home. A fantastic one bedroom apartment that overlooked the Han river. I was placed in the 36th floor. I loved the height and the breeze that came in. the walls were painted beige and decorated with wooden furniture. Very old fashioned, but I knew how I can add a touch of me to it. 

As I was observing my apartment, I heard a voice from behind, “Miss Day, hi! My name is Kim Yan Suk.”  A very handsome bloke in a fitted suit  greeted me. “hi! Its nice to meet you.”

“I will be your assistant from today. Should you require anything, either office or personal, please let me know.”

“That’s nice! On that note, where did you get your suite from?”

“uuummmm…..from the designer store?”

“Designer huh? Chuck it! The stich is wring, fitting is ridiculous and the color tone is horrendous.” I said as I circled around him observing his what I believe is a well sculpted body.

“i…..i….uummmm….ok….” I saw him stammer and his face go pale.

“Oh god Yan Suk! I was just joking! You look like you saw a ghost! But I am not kidding about the suit though.” We both had a laugh.

 “Ah ok…….I wanted to tell you about your neighborhood. There are some very nice restaurants around here. Both Korean and international cuisines are available. There is also a huge super market, if you want to get some groceries.”

“no I don’t think I will be needing that. Im not one of those, cooking types. I prefer if you would tell me all the major fashion stores and their corporate companies here.” Yan Suk, looked pretty shocked to see such a workaholic.

“Sure anything you want.  We will see you tomorrow at 9.30 sharp. The Chairman would like to meet you.”

“Definitely I will be ready. I’ll see you.”

“So see you tomorrow and have good rest Ms. Day.”

“You too Yan Suk”

I shut the door removed my heel pumps and walked barefoot to the balcony. The breeze was amazing and the views were absolutely breath taking. I inhaled the fresh air of Seoul and screamed in my mind, “HELLO SEOUL!!! SANDARA IS HERE!!! SANDARA THE FASHIONISTA IS READY TO WHIP THINGS UP!!!” 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello y'all another update for you!

i was on an off today so i got to write another chapter.

please please tell me what you think of the story.

it will mean a lot for me.