A New Challenge

Just Not You

“ You want Lucio Rosa on board- The Lucio Rosa?!.” I whisper thought my heavy breath to my chairman who seems to be very relaxed on stating the name. Lucio Rosa, is one of the most celebrated designers an he is known for his ‘ unique’ personality. He is a kind of person who vanishes from the face of earth let alone the scene of fashion for almost a year or even two and when he come back, the ides he comes up with are mind blowing. Not a single designer till date has managed to even achieve 1% of his creativity or imagination. He is very silent and always has an unreadable expression on his face which makes it very very difficult to know what he is thinking about. He does not make dresses but he creates goddesses. That what he calls his masterpieces. He never creates designs for anyone, but very few and exceptional people. It was a rumor that he turned down to create the ball gown for Queen Elizabeth. Such is the kind of person he is. Now my chairman, Mr. Choi wants this person to design for Neon Lights. Should I cry? Should I laugh? Should I say something with sarcasm? I don’t know.

“ Yes Ms. Day, I want Mr. Rosa get on board with us.”

“ Mr. Choi do you have idea how difficult it is going to be?”

“ I know exactly how difficult it is going to be and I am willing to take that risk. Do you know where our company will stand if we get him on board.?”

“ Oh Mr. Choi you have no idea how much it will mean to get him on board. But the question is how? Such a small word can mean a lot when we talk about Lucio. We don’t even know if he working or if he has vanished into thin air. Even I have not met him Mr. Choi.”

I have a pleading expression trying to convey the seriousness of his order.

“ Ms. Day, you are very talented young girl who achieves every goal. Yet you look only on the surface. You age is my experience in business.”

He says with a stern face. I am still not sure why he wants to get Lucio on board. How about Lagerflied? How about Valentino? Or anyone else? Why Rosa?

“ I have friends” he stresses on friends which makes me think that they are not really friends very much. He continues, “ in certain organizations who helped me located Mr. Rosa. We know where he is and exactly what he doing. After all, he is human who has to be on planet earth right?” he gives a ‘I know it all’ smile.

“ And where is he?” I ask shocked and surprised.

“ In Venice, Italy.” My mouth drops to which Mr. Choi gives a quick laugh. Mr. Rosa hiding under the nose- in his own country….yet so far away form Fashion.

“ So I want Siwon to go there, meet him and get a yes from him.”

That’s it. Siwon’s expression was like as though hell broke loose fro him. his relaxed features go tensed- beyond tensed and frustrated.

“ You want me to go and get a yes from Lucio Rosa? The Lucio Rosa?”

“ Yes son. Why? I think it will be piece of cake for you.”

“ Dad you cant do this to me.” he whispers through clenched teeth.

“ Why? I’m just giving you just another challenge which I’m very sure you will be ale to achieve.”

“ I know exactly who I will have to deal with dad and trust me im not sure of this. Why do you want him? Why not someone else?”

“ Because, its your company and I want the best in your company. So far, you have achieved the best, including getting Ms. Day to work with you.” I see a sudden smirk on Mr. Choi’s face. What’s he up to now? Does he know something? Well I push that thought and think about how Siwon is going to get Lucio.

“ I’m not going. I’m sorry Dad. This is a goal way beyond achievement.” Siwon gets up and walks right out the door of the Chairman’s office even without glancing at me. he slams the door with a loud thud. I turn around and look at Mr. Choi.

“ You do understand my point of view right Ms. Day?” the chairman asks me with passion and aggressive need for success.

“ Yes Mr. Choi, but honestly I’m not very sure of this.”

He laughs. He seems very relaxed and I don’t know how he does it even in such tensed moments.

“ Can you talk to Siwon. I want him to do it. the next time he walks into my room, it will be with the Lucio signed document. Make sure Ms. Day.” He says it more like an order who wants his son to win every battle.

“ Yes sir.” I say quietly and walk out the room already thinking about a strategy to bing the great designer on board. But before that I need Mr. Siwon Choi to accept to meet Lucio. Men! I think. Very extreme.

 

 

I walk to my room with the thought of calming Siwon and some how convince him to fly to Venice. But when I see thought the glass walls for my room, I see a very familiar face. Its Mark! I get excited and speed up my walk.

“ Hello Mark!!”

“ Hello darling!” he is the diva as I always knew. Well dressed and well accessorized. We hug.

“ So looks like your tiger is pissed? You don’t want to piss of a tiger.”

“ A tiger?  he is little cat to me. Very tamable.”

“ oh taming Dara, I like that.” He says with a wink.

“ Did you meet him?”

“ Yeah…he came stomping and the minute he saw me, he came in and greeted me. but that’s that. I understood he is pissed. Men!”

“ I know right! Men!” and we both giggle like teenage girls.

“ What would you lie to drink?”

“ Some white wine?” he winks again.

“ Mark, it’s a bit too early for that. You are having tea.”

“ Ever so dominating. I wonder how Siown feels about it.”

“ Trust me he loves it.” I make a quick call to our house-keeping department and order two cups of tea.

So mark, before we start off, I want to thank you personally for the favor.”

“ Favor? Which one?”

“ You are as cheeky as ever aren’t you? For graciously letting us be your guest at Borocay Islands.”

“ Oh that….yeah..its fine.” He says playfully.

“ so thank you, we had a wonderful time.”

“ Wonderful time? You had a wild time. You broke my Belgium crystal vase.” He tries to accuse me with a smile. That little minx.

“ Well we were………….you know………..and it fell.” I said trying to ever so eager Mark..

“ Good! That’s exactly why I sent you both there. Besides, that man over there has been stowing his manhood for a while. He wanted to taste you.”

“ Taste me? He ate me Mark. All thanks to you. I don’t know if it was the sea or your beautiful water bungalow, he was wild…we were wild.”

“ Anything for you girlfriend.” And yet again we giggle.

“ But Mark, the trip was not just an ‘all ’ trip. We really got to know each other at a very deep level. I understood him soo much. I saw him in different light. I told him about us, our early times and even before. He understood me. so I owe you a lot for that Mark. I said genuinely thank ful. Yet I restrained from telling Swion his after ‘bang-bang and then proposal.

Soon we are joined by Siwon, much calmer and pleasant.

“ So guys, I have something to tell you both.”

“ Yes Mark……” I ask with suspicion.

With a wide grin Mark started, “ Ok so I met this really great guy..” Mark said in such a teenage girly way and I started to squeal. Siwon was shocked to hear me like that.

“ So yeah..he is my boyfriend now.”

I screamed…. literally screamed and hugged Mark- tight. Siwon was still in shock to hear and see me like this.

“ You have to tell me all about him.” I asked him holding his hands and jumping on spot. I cant me more excited for my dear friend.

“ Well I met him in this show and then we were talking and talking and he asked me out. He is such a fine man- so exotic. I could not say no. so ………..he is from Belgium by the way.”

“ Oh that means you will have a free flow of Belgium crystals then Mark? Good I will not have to pay you” I said with a wink.

“ Oh Dara trust, me I think I will keep everything wooden for a while in my Borocay bungalow. We are going there soon.”

I squealed like a little girl  and so did Mark.

We had a quick chat and we got down to business. Mark has accepted to join hands with us.or rather Neon Lights. He will be lunching a brand new line for our brand. This has put Neon Lights well on the international fashion radar. The branding is already creating a buzz and now with Mark on board, it is definitely going to turn heads. Mark signed the documents and all three of us enjoyed a wonderful Korean lunch.

 

It was early evening and the staff on the floor, were starting to relax on their work. I went to see Siwon regarding Venice.

“ Hi! Can I come in?”

“ Come in babe.” He eyes brighten and there is a wide smile on his face.

“ How many times, I’m not your babe in the office? Im Dara.” I scold him

“ Oh yes…..your always my babe in my bed.”

I gasp and I look out the glass door to see if anyone is noticing my sudden shyness.

“ Right, so what have you decided about Venice?” coming straight to the point

“ I’ve made my decision. I’m not going. Its not going to work, so why go?”

“ Is this your way of escaping?”

“ No this is my way to stating the reality.”

“ But you’ve not even tried.”

“ Because I know its not going to work.”

“ Come on Siwon this is not you. Why are you giving up without even trying? “

He lets out a heavy sigh and drops his pen on the papers. He sits back on his leather chair, tangles his long fingers with each other and rests his head o the chair. “ What do you want me to do Dara?”

“ Try.”

“ Try something that’s not possible and come back to office with shame on my face?”

Oh ok..i did not even think of it that way. I always thought he would be able to get Lucio’s sign. But actually what if he is not able to get Lucio on board? He tried his level best and that’s whats more important. I should still encourage him and make him try it. With all his efforts.

“ I trust and believe, you will be able to get Lucio on board. Its not just me, but your dad too. So please…..just try. You will be a bigger coward if you did not even try. I’ll help you in every way. we are just three weeks away from the launch, so please do this.”

He comes up to me slowly, caresses my cheek. I try to move back with the fear that someone may see.

“ Why do you always do this to me Dara? Why do you have this effect on me? you always make me push myself. Damn it I love you.” he whispers thought his breath.

I am gleaming with joy. I am realising to a great deal how much I mean to this man and how much this man means to me.

“ So you will go, yes?”

“ Yes.- fine”

“ And you will win. You will win my tiger.” I whisper and look out the glass door to see if anyone is noticing us. I poke my index finger on the belly Siwon and push him to the corner of the room which cannot be noticed from the outside.

“ What are you going to do with me Ms. Day?” he smirks as I swirl my finger around his clothed belly button.

“ Nothing.” And I place a quick kiss on his lips and immediately back off.

“ That’s it?” Siwon yelps helplessly.

“ Yup that’s it Siwon. We are in the office.”

“ You just woman.”

“ I know and I love it.”

“ torturing me?”

I giggle and go to my room. As soon I reach my room, I turn to look at Swion, who is still frozen, and yet helpless. The depth in his eyes and the desire he has in his eyes, he could just stomp to my room, pull me to the janitors’ room and do me. that’s the kind of desire and need he had in his eyes that moment. I smile at him and resume my work.

From later that day, Siwon starts his work on his strategy and his presentation and his research on Lucio Rose. Its so amazing to see how Siwon can go into a shell of his own when he concentrates on a certain work. Watching him work tenuously is such a joy. I know…. there is something in my heart that says in my heart that Siwon will get Lucio on board.

 

Its been four days since I started my research work on Lucio Rose. This man seems to be complicated than what I’ve read and heard. Dara has taken the extra burden of being responsible for my part of the work as well. She has given me my space to do my work. Her support makes me win this. If she could only say the word I want to hear. I sigh. She will. I know.

“ Hello Mr. Nerd.” I hear the beautiful voice Dara.

“ Hi Dara.”

“ Don’t study soo much Siwon. you may tell Lucio something that even he does not know.”

I laugh at her cute joke. Jeez. Ive missed her.

“ Lets go breath some fresh air and have some coffee?” she invites me.

“ a quick date is it Miss day?”

“ Perhaps.”

“ Make sure you pay then.” I .

“ Jeez so bossy. Fine I’ll pay.” I smile at her cute angry act.

We walk out the office. I feel like ive not been out for ages. Its so nice to breath fresh air. Dara tangles her arms around mine. A few minutes later, we at a small bistro….very quiet and serene. It makes my min relaxed.

“ What do you want?” Dara asks me.

“ A café latte.”

“ And anything to eat?”

“ No…just coffee will do.”

“Right I’ll go order.” She says and walks to the counter. I look out the large glass window. I notice it’s starting to drizzle and being pleasant. I watch young couple cuddle around and walk. I wish I walk with Dara like that now.

“ What are thinking?” I hear Dara with a tray filed with cups and some cakes.

She hands me my latte and a plate with lemon cake. “ eat” she orders me. I smile at her order.

“ You need to eat Swion. You’ve lost soo much weight already. I want you to be healthy baby.” She says with soo much concern.

“ Got yourself some hot chocolate I see.” I say to her as she deliciously looks at her whipped cream topped chocolate drink.

“ Yup……..and its full fat too. Im just too happy now..”

“ Why?”

“ Because im getting to talk to you after four days which seems like eternity and secondly we’ve got Nancy Rawaq on board.”

“ Wow that’s amazing Dara! Way to go baby.”

“ Thanks”  she smiles. “ but its not as big as you getting Lucio.”

“ Will be………..if I can that is.” My voice filled with very little hope.

“ Hey you, you will get him. I know!” she says filled with hope that even my dad does not have at times.

“ So Nancy huh? How did that go?” I ask her as I sip in my latte.

“ She is such a sweet heart. we started off officially, but then I have ben talking to her almost everyday and now she is more than a designer partner. Oh also the rumor is true, she is a part of the royal family. But she seems to be very calm and down to earth. I like her. she will be coming down to Seoul next week.”

“ The week I’ll be away.” I say quietly

I see Dara’s face darken and I know she I upset about me going away for a week.

“ Yes, the week you will be gone.” She whispers. I don’t want to see her upset, when we are here to enjoy our caffeine.

“ So how is Anne?”

“ She is doing good……..pretty well actually. She is liking Seoul.”

“ Good.”

“ Yeah….but she is flying back the day after tomorrow. Apparently she misses her other half.” She smiles looking at me.

Oh….i’ll visit her before she leaves.”

“ No its fine. She knows you are working on a major project. So its ok.”

“ Come on Dara, she is my future Mother in law, I have to see her off.” I blurt out like a crazy person. I see Dara’s eyes grow wide that her eyes balls can pop off. She has not told me an answer yet…..i wince uncomfortably at that thought.

“ Sorry” I whisper

“ Don’t be.” She places her hand on mine and smile.  Suddenly I notice a art on Dara’s right inner wrist.

“ What is this new piece of art I see?” I ask her trying to decipher the design.

“ Its………….a tattoo, I got recenlty and the design is ‘ SS’ in small flowers and butterflies.”

“ Wow that’s some intense work. But what does SS stand for?”

“ Siwon, Sandara.” I feel the glorious, lovable smile on her face. I look up to her and give her my ‘you are always mine’ smile.

“ When did you get the tattoo?”

“ When you were too busy studying Lucio and did not have time for me. so I wanted to keep you very close to me………so I got myself a tattoo. “

 

“ What time will you be ready for the pre launch party? I’ll pick you up.” I ask her as we pick up our things.

“ The office car will pick me up. I don’t want any attention given to ‘us’ at the party. You deserve all the glory.” She says with no regret. She has worked more on Neon Lights than me.  Yet she does not want any of the spot light, any glory, any praise or any name.

“ but……..but………”

No buts mister, I’ll arrive in our office car. Yan Suk and me will be coming together. I’ve told him already.”

“ Ok………if that’s what you want.” I scowl.

“ Siwon understand, all our designers, media, company presidents, business circle, entertainment, and most of all the VIPS of fashion will be there. I want you to be the hero.”

I go closer to her and cup her face. “ I’m not in the office which give me every right to kiss you freely.” And I kiss her passionately for being such a supportive woman.

“ Who said you don’t have the right to kiss me when we are in the office? Or perhaps other things too?” she says and gives me a seductive wink. I fall for it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Do you think Siwon can get Lucio's signature?

What do think he will say to him?

________________________________________________________

Hello everyone, i had sme free time on hand, so i update a new chapter.

i hope you like this chapter.

dont forget to comment everyone.

__________________________________________________________

To Be

____________________________

Continued