Ch 9 Decision

Meant to be?

Hi! So here we are at chapter 9 of my story! I'm so excited because I never thought I would be able to go on with this for so long and with more than 400 views!! So excited!! Anyway here we go and comments and also subscribing would be so appreciated!!! Do it please!! Haha but thanks for reading it anyway..

 The rain didn't stop and Maki didn't want it to. She had no idea how long she'd been standing and crying in the rain and she didn't care. She looked at the time in her phone and was slightly surprised by it, she had been standing in the rain now for 2 hours already. In these 2 hours, she had made a decision. It was something that needed to be done if all seven of them wanted to be happy again. It hurt her to do this, but she knew it had to be done. She slowly dialed the number into her phone and waited for the person on the other side to pick up. "Hello?" "Manager, it's Maki." "What is it this late at night? "I just wanted to tell you that..."

-6 in the morning-

 5 boys were on the couch snoring lightly waiting for Maki to come home. One was holding his head in his hands feeling despair and sorrow settling into the deepest part of his soul. The front door opened gently, signaling the return of Maki. The six of them ran towards the front door to see her taking off her sneakers. "Maki..." Jin began but his voice was lost amongst five other frantic noises. "Are you okay?" "Where did you go the entire night?!?" "Why are your clothes all wet? Were you standing in the rain the entire night?!?" She chuckled at them assuring them that she was fine and that she was going to change into some dry clothes first, before heading up to change. Once she was out of earshot, the 5 boys started talking.  "What happened to her? Why does she look so empty?" They threw dirty looks at Jin and started on him. "This is all your fault!" "I can't believe you would cheat on such an amazing girl with a like that!" "You are a horrible boyfriend and a horrible person!" Jin didn't even attempt to defend himself. He just let them attack him. Inside, he knew that they were completely right. He had destroyed her and himself along the way. "That's enough." A firm voice broke into their fight. They looked up to see Maki in dry clothes and looking somehow different. "All 5 of you guys, go and freshen up. I'll start cooking breakfast." Without a word, they turned and started up the stairs. They knew that she wanted to talk to Jin alone. "Jin, come help me out. I want to talk to you." He nodded eagerly, hoping that things would return to normal. For a while, they worked in silence each thinking their own thoughts.After a while, Maki broke the silence that was lingering between them. "Jin... I want to break up."

 "What! Why?!? Can't we just work it out? I don't want to lose you!" Maki stopped what she was doing and looked straight back at him. "I don't expect you to understand my decision, I just want you to respect it." He took her hands in his holding on to them tightly, willing her not to do this. "Please don't do this. Do you still love me?" She sighed and pulled her hands away from his. "It's because I love you that I have to do this." "That doesn't make sense!" He yelled in fustration, wringing his hands. "Why would you want to break up with me if you love me?!?" "BECAUSE I HATE YOU RIGHT NOW! I HATE HOW YOU TOUCH ME WITH THOSE HANDS KNOWING THAT YOU TOUCHED HER WITH THE EXACT SAME HANDS!! I HATE HOW YOU LOOK AT ME KNOWING THAT YOU LOOKED AT HER WITH THE SAME EYES!! BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, I HATE YOU FOR BREAKING MY HEART INTO LITTLE PIECES WHEN I THOUGHT I COULD TRUST YOU!!" Tears had started pouring down at her face at this point as she let out what she was really feeling. "You have no idea how much I hate you right now" Maki raised her hand and put it on his face caressing his cheek with her thumb. He held her hand there unwilling to let her go. "Please let me go." She pleaded. Jin looked right into her eyes and saw the pain he had caused her. That's when he knew that he had to let her go. She wouldn't be able to love him the way things were now. He nodded meekly ignoring the pain shooting through his heart.

 At that moment, 5 pairs of rapid footsteps began their way down the stairs. The 5 boys looked timidly into the kitchen to see Maki putting plate after plate of food onto the table and Jin helping her put the utensils onto the table. She turned around and saw them, a gentle smile appearing on her face. "Hey guys come eat! Don't let the food get cold." They cautiously sat down. "So, what's going to happen with you and Jin now?" Junno blurted out ignoring the warning glares he was getting. Maki looked at him, unsure of how to answer him. "Me and Jin..." she started slowly "are going to remain friends. So don't be mad at him anymore. Don't let me leave knowing you guys are going to be broken up." "What do you mean leave?" Tat-chan gave her a questioning look. "Well, I meant it figuratively." She said it not meeting his eyes. "If you guys excuse me, I have a few phone calls to make." She left them at the table going up to her room.

Jin's POV

 I could only watch as she slowly made her way up the stairs and into her room. What had I done to her? What had I done to us? How was I ever going to get her to forgive me when I couldn't even forgive myself. "Jin" I broke out of my trance to see Kame staring at me intently. "What is it?" "You can't do anything now, you know that. All you can do now is wait." "I'll wait as long as it takes." "Then you can keep waiting for an entire lifetime." Ueda added not looking up from his plate of food.  "Ueda..." Kame warned. I stood up not liking what he was saying. "What's your problem this is between me and her, it's none of your business!." Ueda stood up then, fury evident in his eyes. "My problem, you're my problem! If I knew you were going to be like this, then I wouldn't have let you have her!" At this point, everybody had stopped eating was looking at him. "What do you mean? You...like her?" Ueda looked at me,staring at me straight on. "Not since she became your girlfriend. I knew she looked at me like a brother, so I started looking at her like a sister, but if I knew that you were going to do this I wouldn't have given up on her." I slumped back down into my chair, letting all this slowly wash over me. "Look guys," Koki reasoned. "This is all in the past, we can't change the past. All we can do is just wait for her to come back to us" We all nodded in agreement and began eating agin each immersed in our own thoughts.

-Meanwhile-

Maki's POV

I fell down on my bed in exhaustion , last night's decision still ringing in my head.

flashback

 "What is it this late at night?" "I just wanted to tell you that I wish to resign from my position immediately." "WHAT!?! Why? Is there something that the boys did?" "No, it's just that I have some personal business to take care of. How fast can I resign?" "Well I need at least 2 weeks to find a replacement for you" "Done, I'll keep the job for 2 more weeks."

- 2 weeks later-

 Before she realized it, it was already the last night that she would be staying with these guys. In these 2 weeks, she had managed to keep a nice working relationship with Jin, even though it killed her to look at him every time. Everything was packed and a replacement was found. She just had to tell the boys that she was leaving. She didn't have the heart to tell them. It would all be clear to them tomorrow anyway. The boys were sitting there watching tv, so she walked out into the backyard enjoying the night sky. She was staring so intently into the sky that she didn't even hear Tat-chan slowly walk up behind her. "Maki." "Oh, it's you Tat-chan, what is it?" "You're going somewhere, aren't you?" She chuckled. "You were always the only one that I couldn't lie to." "Why do you have to go?" "Because I need to. You might not understand now, but one day we'll meet again and you'll understand why." He didn't reply,he just believed that whatever she did, she did for a reason. The two of them said no more, but just enjoyed each other's company.

That night when everybody was sleeping, Maki left, dissapearing out of their lives completely.

In the morning six hungry boys ran down the stairs expecting to see a hot breakfast on the table and a warm greeting from Maki. Instead they found a letter on the kitchen counter and nothing else. Kame, being the leader opened the letter and read it. When he was done, he turned to them with a horrified expression.

"She's gone."