Ch 15 The next step

Meant to be?

Hi!!! Almost 1000 views on my story!!! Whoo hoo!!! Anyway I just want to thank all the people who read my story and enjoy it and yes, that includes all you silent readers because you guys are just as awesome!! Big thanks to 1623love for commenting!!! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!!

The sun was shining brightly and the birds were singing, but to Jin, he couldn’t care less about it right now. All his attention was focused on the black-haired beauty sitting across of him eating her breakfast. Her hair was still slightly wet from the shower. A satisfied smile appeared on his face as he recalled the details. Every few minutes, she would smile lovingly at him and he felt his heart skip a beat every time she did. Where would he be without her? Would he be this happy? The answer was obvious. No. she was his everything. Dressed in nothing but a sweatshirt of his which ended a few inches above her knees, Maki was observing him. He was staring at her, a blissful but dazed look all too obvious on his gorgeous face. “Jin, Jin… are you there?” She waved a hand in front of his face, trying to grab his attention. All of a sudden, his hand shot out and grabbed hers, holding it tightly and not letting go. His hand was so warm and her hand fit perfectly in his. “Jin, what’s up? You okay? Is the fever coming back?” “No, no, no.” he quickly answered. “I was just thinking” “You, thinking?” Maki joked. “Well, that’s something new.” Jin made no attempt to laugh, but started to gently massage circles into the back of her hand, while gazing at her intently. “Hey, Maki?” “Ya?” “Do you remember what you said a year ago?” “How could I remember something that I said so long ago?” “You said that is just an act where skin and skin meet and desire is released. Do you still believed that, even though we… yesterday?” “Ya, I still definitely believe it, because that’s what it is.`` A heartbroken look came over Jin and released her hand. Maki quickly grabbed his hand and continued. “But, when you open your hearts, it becomes a process of loving and being loved.”

Jin didn’t say a word, but none was necessary. He walked over to her and lifted her up, before sitting in her chair and pulling Maki onto his lap, tightly embracing her. This was another one of the things that Maki loved so much about this relationship that they had. The moments where nothing was said, but all the words were expressed in that one simple action. Maki looked away, so that Jin couldn’t see the intense blush settling in on her face. He chuckled inwardly at how she would always blush, when he did something like that. It made her all the more adorable to him. He nudged her head with his, prompting her to look at him. Jin leaned his head in towards hers and slowly traced the outline of her perfect lips with his lips, barely touching her. “Have I told you how good you look in my clothes?” The huskiness in his voice gave Maki delightful little shivers throughout her entire body. “Are you serious!?! I’m in an old sweatshirt of yours. How good can I look?” “Really tempting. What I wouldn’t do to see you in my clothes all the time.” “Why would I wear your clothes all the time? It’s not like I don’t have my own clothes. Besides, your clothes aren’t exactly clothes that I would wear to go out-“Maki’s voice trailed off as she realized where Jin was going with this. “If it was up to you, I wouldn’t even have any clothes to wear.” She mumbled. “Well, you’re not far from the truth.” Jin said, his voice dripping with lust.” Should we put that to the test?” He leaned his head towards hers, but she gently pushed him away.

 “Jin.” She began. “Will one day comes where you get tired of me and decide that you don’t want me anymore?” Maki looked down, unable to look at him. Jin took one look at Maki’s worried face and his heart literally melted into a pile of love for this woman. It was rare to see her so insecure about something that would never happen. Without a word, Jin leaned down and captured her lips in a bruising kiss. The look on his face as they broke apart gave Maki the answer that she needed to hear.

Jin’s POV

“I should ask you the same question, Maki. Will one day come where you don’t want me anymore?” This girl was too amazing. It would be easy for her to find someone that was better for her than me. “NO WAY!!” her reaction shocked me a little bit. I didn’t expect her to be so intense about it, but what she said calmed my heart. That was all I needed to hear, but what she said next was even better. “What do I need to do to show you?” It was bad of me, I admit it, but my brain was immediately flooded with all these thoughts that were less than pure. Just one look from her and I was more than ready to rip her clothes right off.

Maki’s POV

I felt his hand slowly starting to travel into my shirt. “Well, there’s one thing that you can do to show me.” My face grew as red as a tomato as I realized what he meant. “You’re going to tire of me if we keep this up though, won’t you?” The shock on his face told me otherwise. He pulled his hand from my shirt and I immediately missed the warmth of his hand. I felt his breath on my neck as he laid his head on my shoulder, nuzzling his neck into my neck. “I thought I showed you otherwise last night, but I guess that I’ll just have to show you again.” I yelped in surprise as he suddenly lifted me up into his arms. He gently pressed his lips to mine, and I could feel the familiar butterflies in my stomach. Before I knew it, we were in his room. He kicked the door shut with his foot and threw me onto the bed. He looked at me like a lion ready to devour his prey and I shivered in anticipation for what was happening next. “It’s lucky that I have the rest of the day to show you if I’ll ever tire of you.” Jin said, his voice dripping with huskiness and the lust so evident in his eyes.

After that day, I learned never to doubt him about that ever again.

-1 month later-

“Come on guys!! Let’s go!!” Maki called with authority in her voice. “We’re going to be late for the live interview!!” A smile appeared on her face as she saw the 5 boys running towards her, but the smile was quickly replaced with a frown as she realized Jin was missing. “Where’s Jin?” “I don’t know” Maru replied, “He was the first one to get changed.” Maki opened to yell for him again, until Jin suddenly appeared, tucking a small black box into his pocket. He ran towards Maki, wrapping an arm around her waist and planting a hot kiss on her. She pulled away once she remembered that 5 pairs of eyes were watching her and swatted Jin on the chest in embarrassment. Jin smirked and pulled her close to him whispering, “Why so embarrassed now? You were totally different last night, when you were screaming out my name. It’s lucky that our rooms are soundproof.” Maki blushed red with embarrassment and mumbled something about hurrying up, shooing them out of the room. She went to leave too, until Jin caught her hand and intertwined his hand with hers. “Soon, I’ll make you the happiest woman in the world.” Maki smiled brightly. “You already have. I wake up every day in the arms of the person that I love the most. What could be better?” He pulled her out the door before replying “You’ll know.”

-During the interview-

“Let’s give a big welcome to KAT-TUN!!!” The applause and screaming were deafening in her ears. Maki was watching from one of the seats in the front row, where she always was for every one of their interviews. The interview progressed as it usually did with the host asking the usual questions about their job, living together, and all the other stuff. What the fans were really interested in knowing however was, of course, the love lives of the members. Whenever this question was asked, Maki was used to hearing Jin answering the same way every time. No, he didn’t have a girlfriend. Yes, he wants to have a family someday, and the no, there was nobody he was interested in at the moment. It was his way of protecting her from all the crazy fans that could hurt her. She watched the host ask the same question, and heard the same answer from every one of them, except from the one that mattered the most. This answer would change her life forever.

“So, Akanishi-san I think all the fans are dying to know if there is anyone special in your life right now.” The screaming was crazy as all the fan girls waited to hear the answer that they all expected. “Yes, in fact there is.” The screaming died down in a second as the fans waited to listen more.

Maki’s POV

My heart seemed to stop that second. Was he doing what I thought he was about to do? I looked at Kame asking him what Jin was doing, but I was only met with a playful smile on his lips, telling me to be quiet and listen. I turned my full attention back to Jin to find him staring intensely at me, never once breaking eye contact. “When I was 17, I went to Nagasaki to film for a show. There I met a girl that captured my heart in one glance. She was there taking a vacation with her family. 3 years later, I met that girl again, but she was different. She seemed more mature but she was still that same girl I fell in love with. When I told her that I loved her, she rejected me telling me that she wasn’t that same girl anymore, but I knew that she still was. Then one day, I made a song for her and with that song, I won her heart. For two years, we were in utter bliss and I was the happiest man in the world. But then, I did something wrong and I broke her heart. She left me, and I was heartbroken. One year later, she came back. I thought that we wouldn’t be able to be together because I didn’t deserve her, but to my surprise, she forgave me and took me back. That’s when I realized that I couldn’t lose her.” Tears streamed down my face as I was listening to him. I watched him make his way down to me. The fans screamed in anticipation at who he was talking about. He reached me and stuck his hand out. I took his hand without thinking and let him lead me to the stage. It was like the rest of the world didn’t exist. Jin looked right into my eyes and I couldn’t see anything but his love for me. “Right before we left, you asked me what could be better than waking up in the arms of the one you love the most, and now I’m telling you. Waking up in the arms of your most beloved husband.” I watched as he went down in one knee and took out the little black box. “Kumiko Maki, will you marry me?” He opened the box and inside there was a huge diamond ring. Any woman would’ve screamed their yes by now, but I didn’t. This wasn’t what I wanted.

“No.”

Jin’s POV

The moment she said no, my heart broke into tiny little pieces. “No, what do you mean no? Is it something that I did wrong? Tell me and I’ll change. I can change” I pleaded with her. She just smiled gently at me. “I can’t marry you because that’s not the ring I want. The ring I want has always been close to your heart.” Close to my heart? Then it suddenly hit me! Our ring! I immediately pulled my necklace off and slid the ring off it. “Will you marry me?” The brightest smile I had ever seen appeared on Maki’s face and she frantically shook her head yes. “Yes! Yes! Yes!” She stuck her hand out and I slid the ring onto her hand. The moment it was on, she pulled me up and kissed me passionately. I kissed her back, oblivious to the applause in the auditorium. She was all that mattered to me.