Ch.8 Heartbreak

Meant to be?

Thanks to teukiera16 for commenting!!! People should follow in her gorgeous example haha but I still love you guys!! Anyway before I go on with the story, you guys should listen to the song ni bu hui by S.H.E, it's saying how a girl refuses to believe that her boyfriend would destroy their love like that, I really think its a meaningful song, here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuAaj0OC-Zs  anyway on with the drama...

-2 weeks later-

 Things didn't seem to have changed. Maki and Jin were still as in love as they were when they first met a long time ago and everybody was happy. But we all know that happy times don't last forever. Maki was in the kitchen chopping up some onions and Maru was trying to help her with dinner, but failing miserably. Instead he just chatted to her nonstop in the kitchen. "Maki?" "Ya, what is it?" She turned to get a wooden spoon out of a drawer. "How long are you going to be with us?" She stopped with her wooden spoon stuck in midair, almost reaching her pot. "What do you mean?" "How long are you going to stay as our assistant?" "Why are you asking?" "I mean what if you and Jin get married? Are you going to quit?" He looked at her just to see her deep in thought, thinking how to answer him. "I don't know how to answer you. No one ever knows what's going to happen the next minute. But I can tell you this. I'll be here as long as you guys need me to be here." Their conversation was interrupted when the front door opened and Jin walked in.

 Jin walked in to see Maki deep in conversation with Maru and pushing, well more like shoving him aside, he scooped her up into his arms and placed a gentle kiss on her lips, completely oblivious to the disgusted looks Maru was throwing him. "Hey babe, where did you go?" "Oh, I just went to get the necklace back from the place that repairs this stuff." It was a lie. The truth was that he had went to find an exact replica of their necklace. It had taken him two weeks to find it, and he hoped that with this, everything will finally go back to the way they were before Matsumi came along. Just him and her. An hour later, dinner was ready. It would've been ready earlier if it wasn't for Jin sneaking his arms around her waist every 2 seconds and kissing her on the lips every 2 minutes. Maru, slightly tired of all the action had left the kitchen a minute after.

Maki's POV

 "Dinner's ready!!" I called up the stairs and hearing 5 pairs of rapid footsteps quickly descending down as a reply. "Thank God! That means that you and Jin's makeout session is over too." Koki looked at me with a superior smirk on his face. I started blushing as I felt Jin's arms tightly hugging me to him from behind. I quickly mumbled something about sitting down and eating dinner before the food gets cold, but when I was just about to sit down, the doorbell was rung. I sighed. Jin stood up to go get it, but I told him to go sit back down and start eating. I opened the door to find a really gorgeous girl smiling at me, but at the same time she sort of made me feel uncomfortable for some reason. "Hi! You must be Maki. My name is Matsumi, can I talk to you for a second.?"

No one's POV

 Maki led her into the backyard, wondering what she wanted to talk to her about. "Umm... What do you want to talk to me about? The boys are going to be wondering why I'm taking so long." "I understand. It's just that I wanted to return something to you." She handed a black box over to Maki and opening it, she found ... a necklace. It was Jin's necklace. She would recognize it anywhere. "Where did you get this?" "Jin left it in my house 2 weeks ago when he kind of spent the night... well, you get the point." Maki didn't answer her, she just kept looking at what was in the box. "Thank you" She finally managed to stutter out. Matusmi just smiled at her , but what Maki didn't see was the y smirk on her face as she turned around and walked away. Nor did she hear her whispering "Jin is going to be mine now.' Maki walked back, hiding the box in her pocket, the moment she saw Jin. He immediately walked over to her and took her hand in his, loving how warm her hand felt. He took her back to the table, seeing the rest of them just stuffing their faces out. "So, who was it?' "Nobody, it was just a person asking for directions." He looked at her but didn't question her any farther. The box felt like it weighed a thousand tons in her pocket, and with a heavy heart she began to eat her dinner, waiting for the inevitable confrontation.

Maki's POV

 The dishes were washed. I was just sitting and waiting and biding my time. Part of me wanted to just pretend that I never met her then everything would be ok again right? but I knew that I wouldn't let it be like that. "Kame,Junno,Koki, Ueda, Maru, will you guys go up to your rooms, I have something I want to talk to Jin about." The 5 boys gave me confused looks but they headed up the stairs without question. What I didn't know, however, was the fact that they were crouching on the side of the stairs listening to my every word.

No one's POV

 "Maki, what is it? Are you ok?" His hand reached out to caress her cheek but she turned her face and walked a few steps away from him. He watched as she pulled a box out of her pocket and gave it to him. It hurt him more to open the box up and see the truth coming out. "That night, when you came home really late, you weren't busy with business were you, you were busy with her." "No,I..." He walked closer to her, trying to explain to her what had happened. He grabbed her hand only to have her push his hand off with a disgusted look. "That night, I was drunk. She came on to me." "And I bet that she was just sssssssoooooooo strong that you couldn't push her off, and so she you.'  Maki refused to let the tears fall, it would mean that he had won. "I don't love her, I love you.." Jin pleaded, hoping for her to listen and understand. "You might love me, but you desire her. is an act where skin and skin meet and desire is released. If you didn't desire her, then how would this happen!?!"  For once he was speechless. "She walked to the open window, unconciously touching her necklace the entire way. " If you broke your promise, then I don't need to keep my promises either." She ripped off her neckalce and chucked it out the window not caring where it landed.

Jin's POV

"If you broke your promise, then I don't need to keep my promises either." I could only watch helplessly as she ripped off her necklace and chucked it out the window. "No!!! What are you doing!?!" "I'm saving myself from more pain. I need to go think." She started trying to head out he door. I grabbed her wrist, unwilling to let her go. Crushing myself against her I begged her not to do this. She replied with a" I'm not doing this, I'm undoing it." I could see the tears starting to fall down her face in what seemed like an endless waterfall. It hurt me so much to see her like this and yet, I was the cause of all this. The sound of the door slamming shut woke me up and I started towards the door but was restrained by Kame's grip on my arm. "Let me go." "No, she needs to clear her head right now. Just give her some time to think." Kame was right as he always was. I looked up to see one worried face that was Kame, and 4 very angry and disgusted faces. The tears started pouring down my face.What had I done?

No one's POV

 Maki ran and ran crying the entire way. She didn't have anywhere to go to, she just wanted to be away from him. The sky seemed to pity her as it started crying with her. The rain soaked her clothes but she couldn't feel it. All she felt was the coldness of her heart. She looked to the sky and she whispered... "maybe in the end, we just weren't meant to be."

That night, a part of Maki died.

The End

until next chapter haha =D couldn't help it