Ch 11 Meeting again

Meant to be?

Just want to give a BIG thanks to 1623love for commenting!!! Your comments keep me going and it feels great to know that there's somebody out there who read and gives their opinion on what's happening, I love you!! Anyway I also wanted to express my happiness at the amount of views on my story!!! Thanks for reading!!

 The tray fell to the floor with a crash! "How did you find me?" To her, it was impossible becasue she hid so well for this past year. "How did you find me,manager?" He chuckled and motioned for her to sit down at a table with him. "Me and Aya-san go way back; we were talking one day when she started telling me about her employee and I realized that she was talking about you. Where did you think that Aya-san got those front row tickets?" Maki looked at Aya-san with a glare only to recieve an apologetic look in return.

"Look, how you found me isn't that important , what's important is what you want from me?" "Maki, I presume you went to the concert." "Ya, so?"

"What did you think of it?"

"It was very entertaining, but..." He waved his hand telling her to go on. "But to me, it seemed like they were seperated, they didn't seem to be as together as they used to be. It's like they were in different worlds." "

"Exactly, that's why I need you back. They're falling apart. Jin even got his own place now. Ever since you left, it's like he's been distancing himself from everybody else. If this keeps going on, I don't know how long they'll last." She thought long and hard, oblivious to the urging from Yuri telling her to take the job.

"They need you. Jin's in danger of being kicked out of the group." "WHAT?!?" "He's showing up late for rehearsals, shootings, everything. This can't keep going on. What can I do to conv..." "I'll take the job back" She interrupted his sentence. "When can I move back?" "Fastest in two days." "Done, I'll be back at the house at 9 am." He beamed at her. "Done, I'll be there to reintroduce you to the boys."

-Meanwhile-

 The boys had just finished their concert and were relaxing in the dressing room before heading off to change. Right now, they were talking about going to grab a drink afterwards. "So Ueda, you in?" Kame asked. Ueda didn't seem to hear him as he was staring off into space. "Ueda...UEDA!!!" He snapped out of his thoughts. "Ya, what is it?" "That's what I shoud be asking you. You seem so distracted. Ueda nervously stole a glance at Jin before replying with a weak nothing. Kame seemed to have sensed his uneasiness because he didn't pursue it any farther. "Anyway, Jin are you coming?" Jin looked at him. He had really changed in this year. In a way, he seemed to have died inside. "Uhh...no I promised Matsumi that she could come over to my place today. I should go change." He left without another word, leaving the 5 boys. Once they thought he was out of earshot, they started talking about a topic that wasn't new to them. "I will never understand why Jin decided to go out with that ! She destroyed his relationship with Maki and made her leave us." Koki yelled in fustration. The others nodded eagerly in agreement, all except Ueda. "Ueda..." Maru waved a hand in front of his face trying to get his attention. "What's wrong, you seem so distracted today. What happened?" He sighed before starting to tell them. "During...During the concert, I saw, well I saw Maki in the front row cheering us on." "WHAT!?!" "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US SOONER?!?" "She smiled at me, but as soon as the concert was over, she ran out of the arena before I even got a chance to go to her."

"Does that mean that she still hates Jin?" "No. it's not that. The way she looked at me told me that she was better now. It's just that she's not ready to see us yet" "But how long will she stay out there knowing that we're waiting for her here." "I don't know. I really don't know." They fell silent unaware that somebody was standing frozen outside the foor listening to every word of their conversation.

Jin's POV

I walked out of the room beofre realizing that I had left my jacket in there. Making a immediate turn, I arrived at the door only to hear Ueda telling them that he had seen Maki at the concert! I slumped down at the door after hearing how she had ran out of the arena right after the concert. So in the end, I still couldn't see her, hold her, tell her how much I missed her. How long was she going to keep running away from me? I knew that the guys wondered why I went out with that woman who ruined my happiness and to tell you the truth I don't really completely know why. It's just that she is my only connection to Maki. When Maki left, she took everything that would remind us of her. She changed her number so that we couldn't find her. Going out with that girl was the only way to keep our memories alive. When she asked me to go out with her at first, I felt empty. There wasn't anything that mattered to me anymore. But the more I saw her, the more I saw Maki. When she touched me, the disgust I felt led me to remember how Maki would touch me. How she would wrap her soft, warm arms around me from behind and lean her head on my shoulder to see what I was doing. Those memories kept me going. Sounds pathetic, I know but it kept me alive in a way. But once again, I was left alone and I deserved it. I punched the wall and I felt the inevitable tears starting to slide down my face again. What did I need to do for her to come back to me?

- 2 days later-

Maki's POV

I dropped my bags to the ground, staring up at the familiar house once again. My heart started beating irregularly wondering how they would react when they found out I was back. Would they be mad? happy? sad? What if they decided that they were better off without me? Maybe it wasn't too late to pick up my bags and run off again. I was just about to do that when manager drove up next to me asking me what I was doing outside. He helped me pick up my bags and brought them into the house. I stopped just around the corner where the boys couldn't see me yet but I could see every one of them. God, I missed them.

No one's POV

"Good morning boys." manager greeted them. "Oh, manager. Good morning, what's up?" Kame questioned. It was rare that manager would comme to their house so early in the morning. "I have some good news, I found you guys a new live in assistant." "Who is it this time? Bet you 2000 yen that the person will only last a month at the most." Koki sneered. The boys chuckled a little bit and manager even smiled a little. "No, this time I'm pretty sure that she'll last way longer than that. Come in." The moment that the boys saw who it was, they froze immediately. Junno dropped the newspaper he was holding at the time, and Maru even spit out the water he was drinking at the time and started choking. "Well, anyway let me introduce your assistant to you. Kumiko Maki." Nobody said a word for the entire time until manager asked where Jin was. "Well, he's..." Junno stuttered trying to come up with an excuse. "He's...." "Oh, well he must be still sleeping upstairs. He always was the one who slept the most." Maki easily lied. "Oh, I see...anyway I have a meeting to get to so I'll leave you guys to get reacquainted." He let the 6 of them there still enveloped in a deadly silence.

Maki's POV

I looked at the 5 of them, to find them looking back at me with the same look. "I..." I began trying to break this silence,but before I knew it I was literally crushed in a group hug. "We missed you so much!!!" "Where have you been?" "Are you eating well enough?" "Are you wearing enough when it's cold." I chuckled before tightly wrapping my arms around each of the guys giving them a tight hug. "Don't worry, I have been great this past year." I looked around the room once more. "So, really where is Jin. You know as well as I do that  he's not sleeping, and we certainly all know that that was just a lame excuse I made to get manager off his back." "He's with Matsumi. He always is. None of us know why he goes out with her, but we all know one thing. It's that he isn't happy. She comes around all the time when Jin is here demanding to go out with him and he can't say no, then he doesn't come home till the morning at the earliest. He's been empty without you." I turned my back on him, not wanting to hear any more. "What he's up to is none of my concern.  We fell into an awkward silence before Tat-chan decided to break it.

"So! Maki, I'll bring your bags into your room." "Ya, thanks Tat-chan."

No one's POV

He beamed at her before grabbing one of the bags but when he went to grab the other one, Kame rushed past him grabbing the other one. "I can take the other one, it's not a big problem." "No, it's okay. I got it." Before you could say what the... the 5 boys had started fighting on who would take the bags to her room. So, in the end, Maki grabbed her own bags and headed up the stairs leaving the 5 of them still arguing. When she got to her room , she saw that nothing had changed. Everything was still the way she had left it, It was obvious that the boys had put a lot of effort into cleaning this room. Maki started crying when she realized how insensitive she had been, thinking that she was hurting the most when the truth was they had been hurting too. "I'm so sorry." She sobbed. "So so sorry." The tears were falling down so hard that she didn't even notice that they had entered her room. "We don't blame you." She lifted her head up at the sound of Koki's voice. "We know how much it must have hurt and we know that it's not your fault." They gathered around her and comforted her. After a while, she stopped crying and cleaned herself up. "It's all in the past now anyway, so let's move on." They flashed a grin at her and they started downstairs but the sudden sound of the door opening stopped them from going all the way down. By the way that they looked at her, it was clear to who had just come home. Jin. "Do you want to go into your home and rest. We can... " "No, it's okay now. I'm okay now." She headed down the stairs coming face to face with him.

"Maki! You're back!" "Ya, I am. It's nice to see you again. Congratulations on your new girlfriend, I saw you guys in the newspapers." She turned around before he could answer, afraid to see the expression on his face. He held on to her hand before she could completely walk away from him and pulled her into his chest, wrapping his arms tightly around her. She could just feel those familiar feeling making her way into her heart once again, but she closed her heart off to it. She would not give him the power to break her heart again. "I missed you so much." "Jin, don't do this. Please, can't we just be friends like we used to be. Please." He released her looking right into her very eyes. She tried to match the intensity of this eyes, before finally losing and looking away, blushing madly. His arms dropped from her side and he replied lamely that they could be friends. She beamed at him, and he felt his heart healing like it was never broken in the first place. This girl was the only one who could do something like this to him with one smile, and he wouldn't change it for anything. 

Jin's POV

I wasn't giving up on her. She could run as long as she wanted but I will always be there at the finish line waiting for her and when she's tired, she'll call my name and at that moment she'll be completely mine just like I'll be hers.

No one's POV

The 7 of them spend the entire afternoon catching up and before they knew it, dinner time rolled around. The 6 guys were eager to help but they did more destroying than helping, so in the end she did everything by herself, not that she minded. Maki was putting the finishing touches on dinner, when the doorbell rang. A familiar sense of foreboding came upon her and somehow, she knew who had just walked in the door. Matsumi.

She walked in like she owned the place and started walking to Jin, a ty seductive look on her face, but that look turned into shock immediately after she saw Maki. "Maki! You came back." 'Yes, I have" Maki replied with the nicest tone in her voice, but inside she was burning. How dare she walk into this house like she owned the place! If she thought that Maki would take this lying down, she had another thing coming to her.

There's the newest chapter and next chapter things are going to heat up. I always portrayed Maki as a nice sort of timid girl, but next chapter I'm gonna show you guys what kind of girl Maki can and will be.