Ch 3. Letting go of the past

Meant to be?

I froze and turned around to stare at him. HOW THE HELL DOES HE KNOW? The longer I stared at him, the more familiar he became to me, and it wasn't because I see them in magazines all the time. An image of him suddenly flashed through my mind, but it was different from the way he looked now. It was a younger version of him, sort of a cuter version. That was when I realized who he was. But it was too late now. I wasn't that same girl he met in Nagasaki 3 years ago. That part of me had died 3 years ago in the car crash along with my parents. The me right now was broken beyond repair, the only thing that kept me going was my brother and the fact that he still needed me. That was the only thing. " That boy will always be in here." I pointed to my heart." But he belongs in the past. He will always be the first boy that I felt my heart racing for, and whenever I remember him, it will bring a fond smile to me, but that's it. It's time to let go of the past. Excuse me, but I have to leave now. It's been a pleasure meeting you guys." Tears sprung into my eyes but I refused to let them fall down. As I exited the room, I heard him say something but I didn't pay much attention. All I knew was that I needed to get out of there.

Jin's POV

The moment I heard her say those words, my heart dropped. Did that mean she knew who I was? Did she remember me? Because I never forgot her. Sure, I had my fair share of girlfriends over these 3 years but none of them had the effect that she had on me. None of them could make my heart race at a million miles per second like she did. I could see the sorrow and heartbreak in her eyes as she turned around. Why was she doing this to herself and to me? As she turned around I could hear myself saying "This boy may be the past for you, but you were always the past, present, and future for him. Now and forever' 

The look of dissapointment in his eyes was quickly replaced by determination. This girl was going to be his. He had waited 3 years to meet her again and now that he found her,he wasn't going to let her go. "Don't think that you can walk away from me this time because I won't let you go."