Ch 18 Meant to be?...I think so.

Meant to be?

This is the last chapter of my story Meant to be!! It's been awesome writing it and seeing the amount of views going up week by week!! I might write an epilogue for this story but I'm still not sure yet. Well, I hope you enjoy this chapter and look forward to my upcoming stories even though I don't know who is going to be in it yet. Just read and relax! I wish everybody a Merry Christmas and happy holidays!!

 Maki watched with a smile as her two most important persons walked through the door, talking like actual friends. “Well” Maki said. “It looks like you two worked things out pretty fast and with no bruises on either one of you. I am amazed.” Ryu walked over to his sister put his hands lightly on her shoulder. “What can I say? You know how lovable your brother can be.” She pinched his cheeks with a smile on her face and there wasn’t a hint of sarcasm, in her voice as she replied. “Just all too well.” “But sis, I will never get why you fell for a guy like him. I still remember how you would tell me you were going to marry that boy who lived next door to us. What was his name…? Oh, yeah Kenji-kun. You would tell me day after day how he was the perfect guy for you. He was caring, giving, handsome, kind, etc etc.” “Uh, Ryu. We get the idea.” Maki stuttered nervously, just all too aware of Jin’s piercing glare. “Didn’t you also say that he had like the hottest body ever?” “Ryu, shut up!” Maki was frantic now. Suddenly two strong arms were looped around her waist and a voice dripping with venom was heard in her ear. “Hottest body, I see?” “Well, he was pretty appealing.” She stuttered nervously trying to make a joke out of it, but failing to realize that it wasn’t working on Jin at all. “How hot was he?” If Maki was listening closely enough, she would’ve heard the evil in his voice, but she wasn’t. “Well, he had the ideal dreamy black hair, brown eyes look. He was so amazing. Whenever he had free time, he would go to volunteer at elderly homes or help kids with their homework. This guy was truly the perfect guy.” A dreamy look came into Maki’s eyes and she drifted off into her train of thoughts, reminiscing. She was broken out of her thoughts when Jin suddenly flung her over his shoulder and started carrying her upstairs like a sack of potatoes. Her brother was left in a state of awe at this occurrence but the looks that the 5 boys told him that it was a normal occurrence. “Don’t call us down for dinner! And don’t interrupt us!!” Jin yelled. “But dinner isn’t for like another 4 hours!” Maki exclaimed. “I know.”

The voices grew dimmer and dimmer as Maki was carried further and further away from downstairs and closer and closer to Jin’s room. She fell onto his bed with a oomph and watched nervously as Jin closed the door and locked it. Her heart started beating at an irregularly fast pace as he came closer and closer to her, a devious glint in his eye. His lips hovered over hers, just an inch from hers. Maki gulped nervously seeing the intense look in his eyes. A mixture of lust, passion, and love, deadly combination much? She unconsciously leaned even closer towards him, desperately missing the touches that she hasn’t felt in over a month. Missing his warmth and his strong embrace. Jin only smirked and moved a little farther away from her, so that they were still within extremely close distance but still not touching. “So, who has the hottest body?” Maki sighed. “Of course, Akanishi Jin does.” “Who is the only one that can completely satisfy you?” “Only Akanishi Jin. He is the only one that can satisfy me both mentally and physically and I can’t imagine anyone as awesome as him.” Maki finished in a monotone. Jin smirked in self-satisfaction before leaning down and capturing her lips in a bruising kiss. Maki moaned in his mouth and Jin immediately sensed a growth in his urgency for this woman who he loved with all his heart. They finally broke apart when the need for air became too great and started to draw breaths in great long gasps. His eyes searched hers and she blushed under the intensity of his look. “I hope you’re prepared for the next few hours.” He said huskiness dripping in every word. Maki shivered in anticipation for the upcoming “events.”

-At night-

A thoroughly exhausted Maki sat on the porch swing in the backyard, just swinging back and forth enjoying the wind on her face and the stars in the night sky. Jin had gone in to get a coat because it was apparently too cold for her. Maki heard the door slide open and a big grin appeared on her face as she saw Ryu walk out.

Maki’s POV

“Hey Ryu.” He went to sit next to me and the two of us said nothing for a while, just enjoying each other’s company. Eventually the silence had to be broken and I spoke. “Ryu, are you happy with me marrying Jin?” he looked at me. “Yes, I am. He really does love you. At first, I thought that no man would ever be good enough for you but he seems pretty close.” I grinned at him. Putting my head on his shoulder, I spoke again. “You know Ryu, you’re my only family left on this world so I want you to be happy with the choices that I make. You matter so much to me.” “I know. That’s why I want you to be happy too. It’s been so long since I’ve seen you look so at peace with the world. No matter how much you tried to hide it from me, I always knew that there was a part of you that was filled with hatred at everything that happened. But he seems to make that part of you go away, like it never happened.” “I don’t think I’ll ever know how he did it, but he managed to save me every way a person can be saved.” The two of them fell silent again, happily unaware of Jin watching the two of them with a smile on his face.

“Maki, you’re the one who actually saved me.”

 

-1 month later-

“Maki, stop fidgeting around! I can’t fix your hair like this!” I immediately sat down and let Yuri fix my hair. For the wedding today, I had invited Aya-san, my once boss, and Yuri, my once co-worker, to come be my bridesmaids. They had eagerly agreed and I couldn’t be happier. The wedding wasn’t anything extravagant but that’s the one that I wanted. A wedding with my closest friends and the people that I cared about, that’s all that I needed. After a few fights and many arguments, it was finally decided that Ryu was going to give me away. Everything was going good, and I couldn’t be happier. “Yuri’s right.” Aya-san added as she was busy fixing my makeup. “How can I not fidget around!?! I’m getting married today!! Everybody I love is going to be there, being happy for me and Jin!!”

Aya and Yuri exchanged a smile that went unnoticed by Maki. Could they blame her? This girl had gone through so much and now she was going to finally have her happy ending.

I glanced at the clock and had to stifle a groan as I realized that there was still 2 hours left until the wedding. My mind started wandering and of course, my thoughts wandered to Jin and what he was doing at the time.

Jin’s POV

“Dude, stop fidgeting!! I can’t get this bowtie on right!!” I reluctantly settled down a little bit and let Kame fix my bowtie. “Koki! Stop messing around with your suit!” I snapped at him and Koki jumped up in fright. Ryu walked over to me and put a firm hand on my shoulder, calming me down. “Calm down. In like 2 hours, you and my sister will be married, have tons of kids, and live happily ever after.” “But what if she doesn’t feel that way? What if she suddenly regrets it? What if she gets cold feet and leaves me standing at the altar.” My rambling was cut off by a sudden exclamation from Ueda. “Guys, there’s only an hour left!! We got to start heading down to the church!” There was a sudden flurry of movement as everybody started panicking and running around aimlessly. “Enough!” Ryu shouted a note of authority in his voice. “Everybody start heading down to the car, now!!” Everybody immediately began heading down to the car, with us two bringing up the rear. “You know that you sound scary like your sister like that.” He grinned at me “I know.”

No one’s POV

The boys got to the church with a half hour to spare and they spent the rest of the time admiring the church receiving the close friends and family that they had invited. Finally the time arrived and everybody settled in the chairs, waiting for the graceful entrance of the bride, except she never came. Everybody started wondering what had happened to the bride, but Jin was frantic.

-An hour ago-

“Come on guys, let’s go!!” Maki grabbed the ends of her dress with a big smile and led the way out of the room with her bridesmaids following closely behind. “But, Maki! You’re still in sneakers!!” They were halfway there when a grinding sound in the car was followed by the sound of a car dying. Maki was about to change into her heels when the bad news was received “The car is experiencing some technical difficulties.” The driver stammered nervously, frantically attempting to do something about it. “No way this can be happening! What time is it!?!” “We only have 10 mins before the wedding!!” A frantic Yuri shouted. “What are we going to do now!?!” “I don’t know about you guys, but I’m going to the wedding!!” before a protest could be uttered by any one of them, Maki had already opened the door and started running frantically holding the ends of her dress. “Maki!! You’re still in your sneakers!!” the two bridesmaids shared a look before getting out of the car, running after the bride.

Meanwhile in the church, everybody was going crazy. The bride had gone missing and everybody was going crazy trying to find her. “Where could she be!?!” Jin was pacing around the altar, thinking thoughts that were growing more negative by the second. All the movement and panic ceased the moment those two doors crashed open and a sweaty, dishevelled bride appeared along with her two even more dishevelled bridesmaids gasping for air. “Sorry….car… not working…” A sweating Maki beamed up at Jin and he smiled even more brightly at her, if possible. Even in her current state, she was still more beautiful to him than ever. The wedding resumed and Ryu gave her to Jin, truly happy for her sister. The priest started his blessings and the couple stared lovingly at each other, oblivious to all that was happening except each other. “Akanishi Jin, do you promise to take Kumiko Maki as your bride and cherish, love, and honor her through sickness and death?” “I do.” The priest smiled and turned to Maki. “Kumiko Maki, do you promise to take Akanishi Jin as your husband and to cerish, love, and honor her through sickness and death?” “I do.” “I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.” Jin needed no encouragement as he dipped Maki for a long awaited kiss celebrating their union. The two of them slowly walked out of the church, people cheering for them the entire way. “I love you.” “Ditto.” He chuckled and leaned his head down and planted a gentle kiss on her cheek. “All right, baby making plan starts tonight!” Maki laughed and swatted her beloved husband on the arm jokingly as they made their way to the wedding car ready to live happily ever after.

Meant to be?...I think so