Ch 16 "I won't let you have him!!"

Meant to be?

HI!!! Welcome to the new chapter of my story. This story should be ending pretty soon if the plot in my head works out like I'm planning it to. Anyway I just want to thank you guys for reading my story and hopefully enjoying it. Without further ado... here we go!!! Whoo hoo!!

 The newspapers had been having a field day, week, more like MONTH with this. Yes, it’s almost been a month since Jin had proposed and the newspapers still couldn’t get enough of it. Maki’s job was getting harder and harder to do now with all the increasing attention on her. She opened the door to breathe in the fresh morning air and to find the similar pile of letters waiting on her doorstep morning after morning, for about a month now. Most of them were wishing Jin and her a happy life. Some were begging Maki to give him back to them when they were finished. And a random few were claiming that there was no way he would marry her because he was with them yesterday night. But one in particular caught her attention. These letters had been arriving on a weekly basis and they got scarier each time. With trembling fingers, she opened the letter and found the similar threatening message in it. “I’LL KILL YOU BEFORE I LET YOU BE WITH JIN.”

A pair of warm arms encircled her waist and a warm breath was felt in her ear. “Hey babe, what’re you reading?” In a hurry, she stuffed the letter in her pocket before turning around and hugging Jin around the waist. “Nothing, just some of your beloved fan mail.” He took the letters from her and read them, laughing at some of the comments. “Well, it’s nice to know what people think.” She scoffed at him and crossed her arms. “Easy for you to say. You’re not the one getting death glares from 16 year old girls because you stole their future husband.””Well” He smirked. “You are engaged to one gorgeous man.” “Ha-ha.” She laughed without humour and turned to go back into the house. Jin stepped in front of her and hugged Maki to him, relishing her warmth. “Maki, what’s wrong. You seem tense.” She relaxed in his arms and sighed. “You can call me crazy, but I’m scared Jin. I am. This just seems too good to be true. I’m scared that I’ll have to leave you one day.” His hold tightened protectively on her. “Nothing will happen to you. I promise to protect you until I can’t anymore.” She snuggled into his embrace and smiled. “Have I told you how much I love you today?” Jin put his lips near her ear, whispering "Well, you know that I never get tired of hearing it." He placed a gentle kiss under her ear and a silent moan escaped Maki’s lips. “Should we continue this upstairs?” The look on her face could only be registered as shock.

“Again!?! I’m still exhausted from yesterday.” She finished in a whisper. “Can’t believe I’m marrying a ert.” He smirked. “You should’ve expected that a long time ago. Besides how can my plan be put to action if we don’t hurry up a bit?” “Plan? What plan?” “You know, the plan where you and I have 10 kids. Besides, I can never get enough of you.” He threw Maki over his shoulder and started heading up the stairs. Her protests were unheard and soon died down the moment they entered his bedroom.

 

“Come on! Maki, let’s go! We’re going to be late for this interview!” Maki reluctantly sped up to meet his speed and so did the other 5 boys walking next to her. “I don’t get why you’re so excited about the interviews Jin. It’s like the 20thinterview you’ve been to this month and they all ask the same questions.” “Ya, Jin.” Koki said. “I thought you would be tired of these by now.” “I know we are.” Kame muttered so Jin wouldn’t hear him. “Are you kidding me!?! Why would I get tired of it? I get to tell everyone about my awesome love life!!” He jumped up, pumping his fists in the air, like a little kid. Maki giggled but the other 5 boys just rolled their eyes. “One day, Jin, I’m going to find an awesome girlfriend and show you how annoying you are!” Taguchi swore. All of them bursted out laughing at this. “You’re already annoying enough!” Ueda said in between fits of laughter. “We don’t need to see you how annoying you can get.” It would be another 10 mins before the 7 of them could get moving again.

“And now… Ladies and gentleman, here’s KAT-TUN!” The boys walked out and the lights from the cameras were blinding. Maki watched them walk out with a ever growing sense of pride. It wasn’t easy for all of them to be together again, especially for her and Jin. They had gone through a lot to get where they were today, and she wouldn’t change any of it. From falling in love, getting heartbroken and falling in love all over again. Maki blissfully smiled at Jin as he gave her a quick kiss on the lips before heading out. She could hear all the applause from the sidelines, and to her annoyance, the screaming too. It quieted down soon, as the questions began. Of course, the main topic was Jin’s proposal. “Well I think we are all dying to know, Akanishi-san, is who fell in love with whom first?” he flashed his famous smirk and the room was once again filled with screaming. “Well, if you really want to know, why don’t we ask her ourselves?” Maki’s eyes widened at what he was suggesting and frantically waved her hands to say no, but she might as well not have said anything. A smiling Ueda and Maru came to drag her out, ignoring her futile attempts to get away from them.

Maki was soon met with the blinding lights o f cameras and screaming fans. But the moment she saw Jin, none of it mattered anymore. The biggest smile appeared on his face as he immediately stood up to meet her. There wasn’t a sound as the crowd watch her place a gentle kiss on her forehead before grabbing her hand and pulling her to sit next to him. A chorus of AWW’s broke out at this simple display of affection. “Well, back to our question. Who fell in love with who first?” They each pointed to each other at the same time.”You did!” “What are you talking about, you so did first!” Jin smirked. “Ya, right. Did you see how you were looking at me the first time we met? If that wasn’t in love, than I don’t know what in love is.” Maki blushed. “I was just looking at you because I thought you were handsome. If looking at someone because they’re really good looking is being in love, than I would be even more in love with Kame and Tat-chan.” She retorted.

The room grew quiet as everybody was watching this lovers spat with growing interest. “You think Kame and Ueda are better looking than I am?” He asked with shock. “At this moment, yes!” Jin knew that he was in big trouble, and that if he didn’t do something fast, he was going to be sleeping alone tonight. “Come on.” He nudged her with his shoulder. She huffed and turned away from him. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to him. “I love you.” Her lips cracked into a bright smile and she leaned back into him. “What would I do without you?” He kissed her gently on the cheek. “That’s my question.” Applause was suddenly heard throughout the entire room. But a familiar voice grew louder than the applause. “No, no, NO! I won’t let you guys be happy! I won’t let you have him!! If I can’t have him, nobody can!”

Maki’s POV

That voice, it was so familiar. Where have I heard it before? I looked out amongst the sea of faces, searching. A familiar looking face suddenly stood out among the other faces. Matsumi! I could only watch as she stood up from where she was sitting in the back row and started making her way towards us, a deranged look on her face. No, this couldn’t be Matsumi! This definitely wasn’t the same Matsumi I saw a few months ago, that I was sure. This one was desperate, deranged, and most of all dangerous. “I won’t let you have him! He’s mine! Do you know how long I had loved him? How long I had planned to take him away from you? Ever since you guys first started going out, that’s how long!! He was finally falling in love with me, until you came back! I won’t let you be happy! I’ll make sure you feel the same pain I do!”

At this point, she pulled a long knife out of her bag and stuck it towards us. Chaos and pandemonium broke out as everybody made a dive for the doors. In a few minutes it was just the 8 of us left in the room. Jin pushed me behind him, trying to shield me, but I was more concerned about him. “Leave!” she pointed her knife at the boys. “No! We’re not going to leave the two of them alone with a psycho like you! Besides what can you do, do you think that we can’t take care of you!” Koki yelled at her. She seemed to ponder this for a moment before raising the knife to her neck, pressing it hard enough so blood began to show. “I said LEAVE unless you want my blood all over the floor!” “Guys, leave! I’ll be okay! Jin will be here with me!” They reluctantly left; I knew that they had gone to get help. “You sent me those letters, didn’t you?” She looked at me like I was stupid or something before answering me. “Of course I did. Did you think that I would let you and Jin have all the happiness and blessings to yourselves?” “What letters?” Jin whispered in my ear, but I just ignored him. This was way more important right now. “Everything was perfect. Everything was going according to plan. You were out of my way. I was finally with Jin, but you had to come back and take him away from me.” She was rambling away to herself now and Jin’s hold tightened painfully on me. Suddenly, her head whipped up to look at me. “I’ll make sure you feel that you feel the same pain I did!” with those words, she rushed towards us and Jin pushed me to the ground so that he could take the blow himself. I couldn’t do anything but watch as she ran towards Jin like he was her target all along. That was when it struck me. It was always Jin!  She was never aiming for me in the first place. But I wasn’t going to go down without a fight. Quickly standing up, I ran over to her and tackled her to the ground.

A sudden sharp pain in my side distracted me and she managed to graze my cheek with the knife. Jin came in at that moment and threw her off me. Matsumi hit her head against the wall and was knocked out. Jin ran over to me and frantically asked me if I was okay. “I’m okay.” I kept saying, but the truth was far from it. He quickly engulfed me in a big hug and I once again felt that stabbing pain in my side. He released me and we both looked down to see a large red stain growing on my shirt.

Jin’s POV

I quickly embraced her, thanking the Gods that she was okay, but then I felt something soaking through my shirt. We both looked down to see that large red stain growing on her shirt. She collapsed and I fell to the ground with her, shielding her with my body. “Call an ambulance!!!” I yelled, not even sure if anyone heard. “Jin.” I cradled her close to me. “Shhh, don’t talk. Save your energy. The ambulance is going to be here soon.” She put her hand on my face. “Are you okay?” “What do you mean if I’m okay!?! You’re the one bleeding half to death and you ask me if I’m okay!?!” I searched her eyes and found the spark that I loved to see in her eyes slowly growing dimmer. “I can’t lose you, not when I finally found you, not ever.” “Take care of my brother for me, if I don’t make it.” “Don’t talk crazy! You’ll be fine! We still need to get married, have kids, grow old, and die together.” I was getting desperate now. My life would be meaningless without her. She seemed to see that because she immediately began comforting me.

“It’ll be okay. Dying isn’t the part that scares me. It’s the fact that I have to leave you here first. If I could choose, I would want you to die first so you don’t have to go through the pain of losing someone you love. I really wish we could’ve been together though. We would’ve been so happy. Remember to find someone else who’ll take care of you guys for me, but most importantly take care of you. Can I ask you one last favour though?”

I grabbed her hand. “Don’t talk silly, you can still ask me for tons of favours. We still have our whole lives ahead of us.”

She nodded and began talking again. “If it doesn’t hurt too much, remember me every once in a while. Remember that wherever I am, I’ll still be with you wherever you go. And for the record, you totally fell in love with me first.” There was nothing I could do except watch as her hand fell and her eyes closed.

“MAKI!!!”