Grocery Shopping

It's Just A Phase

June 12, 2013

 

Yixing was reading through the grocery store's sales paper as Jongdae pushed the cart next to him. They've been shopping around for less than ten minutes and yet Jongdae started to complain. Yixing knew the boy would rather be at home doing nothing but he felt like the boy needed some time away from the house.

"Do we have enough milk in the house for your cereal?"

"Yeah sure."

"Do we have enough chicken flavored ramen?"

"Yeah."

"Is there pancake mix?"

"Yeah."

"Are you only saying 'yeah' so we can leave the store quicker?"

"Yes."

"Nice try but we really need to stock up the fridge in pantry for our Thursday dinner."

"It's only going to be us two so there is no point of going all out."

Jongdae was right, it would only be two of them eating any ways. Joonmyeon was abroad for work while Kyungsoo was now studying in his university. He doubted that Kyungsoo was actually studying hard, he knew that boy was really partying with friends. Yet, he kept those kinds of thoughts to himself.

This would be the first time that Yixing spent a week alone with Jongdae, which he thought was just a tad bit special being that the boy would have no choice but to converse with him.

"True but we can still prepare a nice meal and have a great time without them."

"If you insist."

"Now go to aisle eight and pick up two boxes of ramen and the pancake mix." 

Jongdae went along pushing the cart until he accidently bumped into a taller male, causing him to drop some items that were in his hands.Jongdae was already apologizing before the man laughed it off and said it was "okay". Yixing walked down the aisle and saw the scene and helped the man pick up his belongings.

"I'm sorry he wasn't paying attention."

The man placed his belonging back into his cart before he looked up at Yixing. 

"Yixing it's fine." Yifan said smiling shyly.

"Yifan, this is very unexpected. I would think you're following me now."

Yifan covered his mouth and laughed for a bit. "No I just really needed to stock up on groceries."

"Same. This is my son Jongdae and Jongdae this is my o-ld friend Yifan."

They both waved and smiled at a each other but Yixing could tell Jongdae felt uncomfortable with this situation.

"It's nice seeing you, we'll be on our way then."

"Bye Yixing and Jongdae."

Yifan pushed his cart down the aisle and picked up some items as he was on his way. Yixing wanted to strangle the life out of Yifan as soon as he realized it was him but for the sake of Jongdae he didn't.

"Who was that guy?"

"A guy I was friends with in China."

"No seriously you can tell me I won't tell dad."

Yixing sighed deeply before speaking up. "I used to date him when I used to live in Changsha. We were together for a while before I realized that I was really "the other woman" while he was engaged to someone else."

"Why didn't you hit him in the face when you saw him today?"

"You were here and I'm suppose to set a good example for you."

"I wouldn't have minded Yixing."

"You do know this is the longest conversation we've ever had in the passed two years."

"We never had nothing to ever talk about. You spent most of your time trying to tame Kyungsoo that's why."

"Well now Kyungsoo is gone and I can spend all my time focusing on you."

"You sound too excited I don't like this."

"You will love it. We can hang out all day."

"Yixing you're old and lame."

"I'm not old!"

 


Prompts/Requests are welcomed