Family Vacation

It's Just A Phase

August 3, 2012

 

After a quick flight to Jeju Island, Yixing could finally stretch his legs and enjoy the warm whether. He could smell the salt in the air and instantly knew there was beach near by. Joonmyeon had rented out a beautiful guesthouse for the family, it wasn't anything compared to their home back in Seoul, but Yixing didn't mind. It had a front porch which meant he could sit out all day soaking up the sun.

He was currently comfortably positioned in his lawn chair with his new favorite book in his lap. He finished four chapters on the plane ride here and he was hoping to finish the rest of the book by the end of their trip. Yixing was so engrossed in the book he didn't even notice a short figure walk in front of him., well until that said figure blocked out the sun and Yixing could no longer feel the warmth of the rays. He quickly looked up getting ready to curse when he realized it was Kyungsoo standing there. He placed his book down and was mentally preparing himself for what his son was going to complain to him about.

"There's no wifi here." Kyungsoo said quickly and showed Yixing his phone as proof that he was getting no cellular service and not even wifi.

"Is that suppose to be a bad thing?"

Kyungsoo huffed and rolled his eyes clearly annoyed.

"Of course it is! How am I suppose to talk to Jongin and my friends?"

"It's only going to be a few days I'm sure Jongin and your friends can deal with not talking to for a little while."

"Jongin loves me he cant!"

"Kyungsoo! It's three days!"

"You don't understand."

Yixing could feel another grey hair popping up.

"Look, we're going to be here for three days so just enjoy it yeah? How often to we get to be this close to a beach and all be together?"

Kyungsoo was still fiddling with his phone shrugging at Yixing obviously not caring.

"Go get your brother and your dad and we can all go down to the beach then grab a bite to eat."

"Jongdae is sleeping and dad's doing work."

"Work? We're on vacation. We're not suppose to be doing work."

Yixing quickly got out of his chair,his book falling to the ground and made his way over to the entrance of the house. Stepping inside he could hear noise coming from the television and Jongdae asleep on the couch.

Yixing was slowly getting annoyed. Why go on vacation if we're going to do the same thing we do when we are at home.

He made his way upstairs and walked into his shared bedroom with Joonmyeon. His husband, as Kyungsoo said was indeed doing work on a small desk in the conor of the room.

"What are you doing?"

Joonmyeon visibly jumped and turned around slowly like he had been caught committing a crime.

"Um. Just some last minute revisions?"

"I thought we said we were going to relax when we got here."

"Yeah, but I remembered I just had a few more things to finish up then we could relax."

"Joonmyeon its only three days. You couldn't go three days without touching your work. You even brought it with you!"

"You don't get it. If I don't finish it now I'm going to have even more work to do when I go back."

Yixing's eye twitched. He just had this same exact conversation with Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was indeed Joonmyeon's son. He could clearly see where the boy had gotten his stubbornness from.

"You know what? I don't care anymore. You and the kids can stay in the house for the next few days. I'll be down by the beach if you need me."

"Yixing I'm almost finished I promise!" Joonmyeon yelled out as Yixing walked out the bedroom.

Yixing continued walking not even caring. He had given up, he desperately wanting them to do something as a family before Kyungsoo went away for college and God knows when he would come back.

Yixing grabbed his bag and walked down the sandy trail toward the beach. 


 

Yinxing was enjoying himself.

He swam at the beach for an hour or so and made friends while he was in the water. They invited him to play volleyball witht them and of course he participated. He was having a great time, way more fun then he would have being in the house all day.

After his fifth game of volleyball he needed a break. He waved to his new friends, telling them he would play with them tomorrow.

He opened up his lawn chair and placed it in the shadiest part of the beach. Once, comfortable in his chair he pulled out his boo and decided to read a few more chapters.

Once again something was blocking out the sun. Closing his book, he looked up.

There was Joonmyeon standing there with a small smile on face and floaties on each arm. Jongdae and Kyungsoo had ran off with their tubes and headed straight towards the water.

Yixing wasn't impressed. He picked back up his book and continued reading his book.

"We're outside like you wanted."

"I can see that."

"Are you still upset with me?"

"What makes you think that?"

Sighing in defeat he sat down next to Yixing in the hot sand.

"I'm sorry. Its just work-"

"No I get it. Work is more important. I understand."

"No. Its not important at all. I was just being an earlier. I knew we came out here to relax and I still brought my work with me. I'm sorry. For the next three days we'll go to the beach everyday if we have to. We won't ever be in the house! We'll even go hiking up the trail and -"

"Okay! I get it! We don't have to do all that. I just want to be around you guys."

"I'm still sorry for earlier."

"It's okay really. I forgive you."

Joonmyeon leaned over and kissed him. His hands then began to wonder and Yixing. He tried to push Joonmyeon off, but he wasn't having it.

"We're at a public beach! Stop."

"No one is even paying attention."

That was a lie.

Kyungsoo and Jondgae could see them as they walked over to where their father put the ice chest full of drinks.

"I think I'm gonna be sick. They're so gross."

Kyungsoo completely ignored his brother and pulled out his phone to distract himself.

His eyes lit up and his pupils began to dilate.

"I have one bar!"