One Year Anniversary

It's Just A Phase

March 3, 2009

 

One whole year.

Joonmyeon and Yixing had been together for a year.

Lots of things had changed since their first date. Yixing had met his children who may or may not like him, but on a lighter note, he moved in.

It was difficult moving out of his apartment with his best friend Luhan. He remembered Luhan hiding his tears when Yixing had started putting his possessions in cardboard moving boxes. It was bittersweet. Of course, he loved Luhan with all his heart and enjoyed the two years they spent living together. Joonmyeon was a new chapter in Yixing's life and Luhan understood.

On the brighter side Yixing only moved thirty-six minutes.

Scrolling through his phone's pictures Yixing smiled at the images on his screen. From old selfies, he had taken to pictures with his boyfriend and the kids. Yixing was getting emotional just thinking about the memories behind the pictures.

His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on his bedroom door. He locked his phone and threw it on the bed before answering the door revealing a flushed face Kyungsoo.

"Hey? Are you alright?" Yixing touched Kyungsoo's forehead and checked to see if the boy had a fever.

"I'm not sick. Jongdae and I got into an argument a few minutes ago. That's not important. I wanted to know what you were wearing tonight?"

Yixing bit his tongue about Kyungsoo and Jongdae arguing. He'll sit them down and have them talk it out later. He furrowed his eyebrows at Kyungsoo's question.

"What do you mean? Your father and I are just having dinner in the house."

Kyungsoo looked at him wide-eyed. Almost stunned.

"Did no one tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and mumbled his father's name under his breath.

"Dad was supposed to tell you he made reservations to your favorite restaurant downtown."

Shaking his head Yixing couldn't help but laugh. Joonmyeon is the type to make intricate plans for someone and forget to invite that said someone. He was always busy that boyfriend of his.

"Don't be mad at your father he's been busy with that new promotion he's just a little forgetful. For my outfit for tonight how about, you pick something out for me. You haven't dressed me up in a while."

Kyungsoo mumbled something again, but this time Yixing was unable to hear it. He guided the boy to his clothing closet and let him pick out some options for tonight.


 

Five hours later

 

Dressed in his dark blue button-up shirt and black denim jeans with a slight curl in his hair, all thanks to Kyungsoo, Yixing arrived at his favorite seafood restaurant. He did feel a tad bit underdressed for the type of restaurant this establishment was yet he wouldn't utter those words to Kyungsoo. He knew the young boy enjoyed styling him and he let him. It was their bonding time. He did find it a bit weird when Kyungsoo and Jongdae left the house to go 'study' for an exam tomorrow with Chanyeol. Yixing was confused knowing for one Kyungsoo did not study nor did Jongade and Chanyeol even hang out with Kyungsoo. It was very strange yet he still let them leave under the guise they were studying.

Yixing looked in the mirror one more time before exiting the car. There was a lot of car outside and he silently thanked Joonmyeon for making a reservation.

Once inside the restaurant, he was immediately greeted by the hostess. 

"Zhang Yixing?" She spoke cheerfully before he even had a chance to say anything.

"Uh yeah. I have a reservation for two-"

"Yes right this way."

He raised his brow and her strangeness and followed the young woman. Something was going on. The restaurant was empty despite all the cars outside. Everything seemed to have been cleared out except for one table in the middle where his boyfriend already sat. A giant grin on his face as Yixing approached him.

"Did you do all of this?" Yixing asked as he sat down and thanked the hostess. 

He admired the new decorations and followers that lingered around the candle-lit restaurant. It was beautiful.

"I'm happy you like it. The kids and I had to rush to get it done before you got down here."

Yixing gasped and chuckled. "I knew something was up when they left together."

"I wanted to make it special for you. I know I haven't been the best boyfriend lately. Busy with work all the time and leaving you with the kids all the time. I know you don't have to do the things you do for us, for me. I love and appreciate you so much Yixing."

Yixing grabbed his boyfriend's hand and pulled the man into a kiss. "You know I would do anything for you. I love you too."

Just as they pulled apart a live band began to play. Soft instrumentals to songs Yixing and Joonmyeon would dance to in the house when they were alone.

"Wow, you went all out for me. You shouldn't have! I just brought you a small gift and you did all this for me."

Joonmyeon chuckled and shrugged him off.

"Every moment with you is a gift Yixing. You didn't have to buy me anything."

As they both enjoyed the music being played, the servers came out with their dishes. Haemul pajeon and ganjang gejang and, chueotang for the lovely couple to share.

"This smells amazing." Joonmyeon agreed.

The two ate their food and chatted about their day as well as their first date together. The music started to get lower and Yixing finally took a sip of his champagne. When he put his glass back on the table he noticed a ring sitting at the bottom of his glass. He grabbed his fork and fished the ring out. With shaky hands, he looked up at Joonmyeon.

"Are you serious? Is this happening?" Yixing felt tears trickle down his cheeks and he started to feel overwhelmed.

Joonmyeon was already on one knee and took the ring from Yixing before grabbing Yixing's free hand.

"This is real. You've made me so happy since the day I saw you at that coffee shop. I knew this was going to last forever from that day I swear. I wasn't sure when to do this but this felt like the right day. Zhang Yixing, will you marry me?"

Yixing was still stunned at everything that was happening. His heart was beating fast almost like it was going to leap out of his chest. His hands were still shaking. He already knew his answer from the moment they met in that coffee shop.

"Yes."

 


hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!