Christmas Dinner (Part II)

It's Just A Phase

December 25, 2014

 

To say Kyungsoo missed Yixing was an complete understatement.

As soon as he dragged Yixing into the house he couldn't stop smiling and asking the poor man a billion and one questions. The questions didn't even stop when they got to the dinner table.  

Everyone was completely engrossed in everything Yixing had to say. Kyungsoo and Jongdae could sense the awkwardness between Yixing and their father. The two barely made eye contact with each other pretending as if each other didn't exist. Which was fine for Kyungsoo he didn't want any arguing tonight he just wanted to be a around a happy Yixing he hadn't seen in months.

"So what have you been up to these few months?" Kyungsoo asked in between bites of his food.

"I've been doing a little of traveling here and there. I went to France with a friend of mine and it was so beautiful I think you guys would like it."

"What kind of friend? A special friend?" Jongdae interjected,earning a jab in his side from his wife. 

Yixing's blush didn't go unnoticed by Joonmyeon, who visible stiffened when he heard Jongdae ask that question.

Yixing cleared his throat before he spoke. 

"I'm actually not seeing anyone. It hasn't really crossed my mind."

"Thank God."  Joonmyeon whispered more to himself but the whole table heard, including Yixing.

"What's that suppose to mean? I'm not allowed to date?"

Great. This is just what Kyungsoo feared. Another argument.

"No no! That's not what I meant at all! I was just saying it's great that you're not worried about dating and just focusing on yourself.

Yixing slowly nodded and continued to eat quietly.

Kyungsoo quickly came up with another conversation topic to ease the awkwardness.

Later that night

Dinner was over and everyone was in the living watching Christmas movies laughing to together. Everyone except for Yixing who was still in the kitchen cleaning up the table and washing the dishes. Everyone told him he didn't have to do it alone and they would all help, but he insisted he would do it on his own and join them when he was done.

it was taking longer than usual and Kyungsoo was beginning to get a little worried. There wasn't a lot of dishes to washed to begin with. 

Kyungsoo got up from the couch and made his way over to the kitchen to see what was taking Yixing so long.

As he got closer to the kitchen he could hear hushed voices talking amongst each other.

Who was Yixing talking to?

"You can't do that! You can't just say you want things to go back to normal when you're the one who didn't trust me and needed things in the first place"

He could tell by the crack in Yixing's voice that the man was now crying.

Kyungsoo desperately wanted to peek and see who Yixing was talking to but his presence would easily be known if he made another step on the old floorboards.

The second voice spoke next.

"These past months have been so hard for me too Yixing. I was so upset with you I didn't want to listen to reason and it  took a while for me to realize what I said to you and what I had done. I wanted to check up on you all the time but I knew you hated me and-"

"I don't hate you. I never did. I hate myself more than anything for still loving you Joonie."

Joonie? Wait. Dad! Yixing was talking to his father!

Kyungsoo didn't care anymore if he was caught. He peeked into the kitchen entrance and his jaw nearly dropped. 

They were holding each other. Not only that they were kissing.

Kyungsoo wasn't sure if he wanted to puke or cry. A little mixture of both to be honest.

He was about to run and tell the others,but Yixing's last sentence caught his attention.

"We can't do this, I'm moving to France and I'm going to start over there. I'll still talk to the kids, but this is our last goodbye Joonmyeon."

 

 

 

 

 


It's been TWO YEARS! I know you all hate me lol. This story still gets new subscribers and comments every day and I felt so bad knowing I had little to no inspiration to finish this but I promise this time I will finish this fic! Thank you to everyone who waited patiently for an update and I know this is really short but I'll will try my best to update regularly! (any formatting and spelling mistakes will be fixed tomorrow) I'm also still taking prompts/suggestions!