Late Night Phone Call II

It's Just A Phase

June 16, 2015

 

 

It had started to rain, heavily by the time Yixing came to pick Kyungsoo up from his hotel. He hugged Yixing tightly and felt all the emotions he had bottled up leave his body.

Yixing swayed their bodies a bit as they hugged and rubbed the back of Kyungsoo's head.

"It's going to be alright I promise." Yixing whispered in his ear.

They had finally pulled apart and Yixing used his shirt sleeve to wipe away the tears before kissing Kyungsoo on the forehead.

It had been months since Yixing had even spoke to Kyungsoo much less hugged the boy. This situation felt all too familiar and he fought the urge to cry as well. He remembered finding out about Yifan's wife and the devastation that followed. It took him so long to recover and when he fell in love with Joonmyeon, he thought he would never experience that kind of heartbreak again.

Funny how life works.

"Let's get your stuff and get home yeah?"

Nodding, Kyungsoo pulled away completely and grabbed his luggage. He zipped up his thin blue sweater and put the hood over his head. Before leaving the room with Yixing he turned around and looked at the bed. Just a few hours ago things were fine. He was completely happy with Jiyong and didn't think his day would end this way. Jiyong had woke him up that morning with kisses along his neck and that turned into the best they had in a while. They exchanged their regular "I love yous" and Kyungsoo couldn't even dream of a future without him. He started to regret even looking at those messages. He regretted even bringing it up. Having his heartbroken in Seoul would probably hurt less compared to Paris. Kyungsoo wished Jiyong would have at least stayed and they could've have talked about it maybe. But his heart no longer belonged to him and nothing Kyungsoo would have done differently could have changed the outcome.

 


 

The car ride to Yixing's home was relatively silent aside from the rain and the radio being played at a low volume. Kyungsoo hadn't spoken a word and Yixing didn't force him to.

They pulled into an apartment complex and Yixing quickly parked the car in an available parking spot. He unbuckled his seatbelt and looked over at Kyungsoo. 

"We're probably gonna have to make a run for it. Are you ready?"

Kyungsoo bit his lip and nodded. He opened his door and quickly grabbed his luggage, making his way towards the building entrance with Yixing.

The pair made it inside safely and got onto the elevator. Yixing pressed the number two button and started to pat his pocket for his house keys.

"Damn I forgot them." He mumbled to himself as they got off the elevator and approached his apartment door. 

"I hope he's awake." Yixing said as knocked on the door.

"Wait. Who?"

Before Yixing could answer the door abruptly opened revealing a half asleep Hyunwoo with bed head.

"Sorry for waking you up again I forgot my keys." 

"It's okay baby." Hyunwoo kissed Yixing on the lips and moved aside to let the duo in. 

"You must be Kyungsoo. It's nice to meet you. I'm Hyunwoo." He bowed respectfully and Kyungsoo returned the gesture.

As Yixing moved around his home trying to make the couch into a comfortable bed for Kyungsoo, the young boy couldn't help but stare at Hyunwoo.

Was this his fathers replacement? Is this the man Yixing had been traveling with? Is Yixing happier? Are they in love? 

Numerous questions ran through his mind. He would definitely call Jongdae when he got back home to discuss this.

Hyunwoo was handsome. He couldn't deny that. Broad shoulders. Puffy lips. Sharp jawline. 

His father didn't have a chance.
 
"Kyungsoo!"

Yixing snapped him out of his thoughts and he looked over at the man.

"I got you a pillow and a nice blanket to keep you warm."

A smiled crept on the younger boy's face and sat down on the couch then removed his shoes. He finally got a good look of the living room and noticed it wasn't as lively decorated as the one back home. Yixing's personality was nowhere this home was very bland. As Kyungsoo got comfortable under the covers he looked to see if Hyunwoo was still hanging around. The male had already retreated back to bed.

"Do you love him Yixing?"

The older male sighed and nervously bit his bottom lip.

"Get some sleep Kyungsoo."


 leave a prompt! also thank you to everyone who's sticking around to see how this ends.