Christmas Dinner (Part I)

It's Just A Phase

December 25, 2014

 

"Is Yixing coming over for dinner tonight?" I asked eagerly as my father failed to cook the turkey properly.

"Kyungsoo I already told you I'm not sure he said he would 'think about it'. We can have a perfectly fine Christmas dinner without him anyway right?"

Kyungsoo stayed silent and just eyed his father carefully as he tried to cut the now burnt turkey. It would be impossible for them to have a "perfectly fine" Christmas dinner without Yixing. Yixing was the only one who knew how to actually cook in this house so without him they would most likely be eating take out instead. This divorce thing really took a toll on them all even though its been over eleven months. It was strange coming over to visit his father and Yixing was no where to be found. He had grown accustomed to coming over just to bother Yixing but now the once annoying man was gone. Last time he spoke to Yixing he said everything was fine at his new place and he would visit us. Yet, Yixing didn't even come over for Thanksgiving or Jongdae's birthday which took me by surprise. I wanted to hate my father for even suggesting the divorce in the first place. I wanted to hate Yixing for being so hard headed and going along with it. But I couldn't. I wasn't in control of their lives and couldn't tell them what to do. They had a mind of their own and blinded by their anger they ended their marriage. 

I walked back over to the living room and joined our guest for the evening. My aunt Jieun sat right next to Yixing's friend Luhan, the two of them seemed to be into a deep conversation about a television drama. While Sehun and Jiyong awkwardly sat across from them in silence, the two of them had nothing in common which shocked Sehun because he got along with most people. The only people missing were still Yixing and Jongdae. Jongdae was suppose to be here hours ago to help our dad cook the food but by the looks of it the both of them were not coming. This family was slowly falling apart and I was the only one still holding on.

The door bell rung which was followed by some pounding.

"I got it!" I yelled out as I walked over to the front door.

I opened the door and saw Jongdae smiling brightly with his fiance in tow.  If I remembered correctly her name was Minyoung and she never really spoke to me much but I could tell Jongdae was madly in love with her.

"Where is my cute little nephew?"

"Oh we left him at her mother's house. He came down with a cold this morning and that's why we were kind of late."

"I hope he feels better but come in and please help dad in the kitchen, he might just kill us with his cooking."

"You make it seem as if I'm any better. But, it's okay Yixing brought over some food he cooked at his house."

My eyes nearly popped out of my head with the setence that was just said. Yixing? Coming here?

"Where is he?"

"He's outside getting his food containers from out my car. You should probably h-"

Jongdae didn't have a chance to really complete his sentence when I pushed him aside and ran down the front steps to greet my stepfather  Yixing. When I made it over to the driveway I saw the same man I've missed for months. He finished picking up the last bag full of food when he turned around to face me. His face with slightly red from the cold but the smile I used to hate as a child gave me comfort. Words weren't exchanged between neither of us but I knew he understood what I wanted to say. I pulled him into a tight hug and I didn't want to let go.

"Kyungsoo you can let go now. I've missed you too."

 

 

 


I'm sorry it's been so long since I've last updated but I felt the need to get this chapter out there because of the whole kris and sm thing going on and you guys have waited so long. I didn't really re-read this and I hope you guys enjoyed this anyway. The wait for the next chapter won't be long I promise xoxo