chapter 2*

My Bully, My Lover

Soojin's POV

 

This is not ok.

 

I was staring at myself in the mirror, wearing the clothes that I'd be in every day for the next couple years.

 

Was I really wearing a skirt right now? Ugh. I rolled my eyes and decided to cheat a little. I opened up one of my drawers and took out a pair of my volleyball spandex shorts to wear under the skirt.

 

At least I felt better about it. I decided to just it up, I'd get used to it eventually. Right?

 

Jina prepared a huge breakfast for me and placed a lunch bag next to me.

 

"I didn't know what you liked, so I put a bunch of everything in there." she smiled, seeming way more excited that I ever would be for my first day of school. I thanked her, truly grateful for her kindness. I grabbed it and set on the chair next to me.

 

"Your father should be home when you arrive from school today," she told me, avoiding eye contact. "Just so you know."

 

I continued to eat in silence. Yeah? We'll see about that too.

 

Soon, I was ready to head out to my commute to school.

 

"Are you sure you don't want to be driven there? You'll get there much faster," Jina handed me my bookbag with a concerned look on her face.

 

"Yeah, I'm sure" I told her, putting my backpack on. "I gotta learn my way around the city anyways. Thanks though!"

 

I gave her a big wave and started to walk away from my new "home".

 

"Have a great first day!" she shouted back waving.

 

Yeah, let's hope so.

 

*****

 

Luckily, I made it to school grounds just before the first bell rang. Unlike the day before, there were students everywhere - on and around campus as well as on the streets, trying to make it past the gate before it closed.

 

I started to get nervous. Last night I had prayed that my first day would go smoothly. I thought about all of those kdramas that my mom would watch. There is no way that Korea is actually like that in real life, right?

 

I slowly made my way across the front courtyard, looking back and forth from my schedule to the number of buildings in front of me. Uh, where was my homeroom again?

 

As I looked around at the buildings, I noticed that many students were staring at me. No, correction - close to ALL of the students were staring at me. Not only staring, but whispering, pointing. Well aren't they discreet.

 

Just then, the first bell rang. Well crap. I was going to be late for my first day. Everyone that was hanging outside quickly made their way inside to their respective buildings before the second bell rang, but not before I got more looks and even some fingers pointed at me. I ignored it and walked the familiar way to the main office, I'm sure they'll help me find my class.

 

****

 

I entered my new classroom as 20 faces turned to look at me at the same time. Well, this isn't awkward at all.

 

I bowed to the teacher that stood in the front and apologized. "I'm sorry I'm late, I got lost."

 

"Ah yes, you must be the new student joining us!" the teacher smiled at me, gesturing me to come stand next to him. As I made my way to the front of the classroom, the whispers and shocked faces did not go unnoticed by me. What was their problem? "Class, this is your new classmate. She's from America, but don't worry. She can speak Korean. So don't feel shy and make her feel welcome, okay?"

 

The class agreed in unsion, some with facial expressions of confusion, shock and wait...was that a hint of...anger?

 

"You can take a seat behind Shinji." the teacher directed me to the empty window seat of the middle row. The girl, who I assumed was Shinji, gave me a small wave and smile. I made my way over to my new desk and sat down.

 

"Hello," the girl in front of me turned around. "My name is Park Shinji. I hope we can be friends."

 

Well wasn't she nice. I returned her smile and answered, "Hi, my name is Lee Soojin. I hope we can be friends too."

 

The first class of the day was mathematics. I mean, I liked numbers and all, but first thing in the morning? No thank you.

 

The teacher wrapped up the lesson and left to go to his next class. As soon as he stepped out, the girls resumed their conversations and gathered in circles.

 

Shinji turned to face me again. "So you're from America? That's so cool!" she smiled.

 

We continued to talk for a little while. She was really cool and I instantly knew that I had made my first friend.

 

"Don't worry. I can help you get used to this school." she chuckled a soft laugh. "And trust me, there's a lot you need to know."

 

Before I could answer, two girls approached Shinji and I, standing before us.

 

"You know, you're, like, really pretty." said the girl, giving me a smirk. Whoa, huh?

 

"Uh...thank you?" I responded, confused. I glanced at Shinji, but she didn't look like she was going to say anything anytime soon. Was she...scared?

 

"My name is Minji." said the girl, tracing a pattern on my desk with her fingertips.

 

"Hi?" I answered confused. Was this supposed to be going somewhere?

 

"I just came here to introduce myself because well, I'm someone you need to know." she laughed, flipping her long brown locks. "If you're careful, we can maybe be friends someday."

 

Uh, was this girl for real? I looked around the classroom and noticed that everyone was watching, waiting to see what I would do.

 

But before I could respond, the next teacher walked in settling to start her lesson. Quickly, everyone returned to their seats.

 

"What's with her?" I whispered to Shinji.

 

"Oh, Minji? She's like, the queen bee of this school. Her dad is pretty powerful so I guess that makes her powerful. All of the guys would do anything to get noticed by her. and of course, that makes all the girls jealous of her." Shinji explained. "But what's interesting is that she approached you."

 

"Why is that weird?" I asked.

 

"Well," Shinji continued. "It's not like her to approach anyone outside of her close circle of friends, especially new students. Maybe she thinks you're a threat."

 

"Me? A threat?" I was shocked. Why would I be a threat to someone I just met?

 

Shinji nodded. "Before you came, she was the prettiest in the school. I mean, she better have been considering how much it cost." She stifled a laugh to herself, earning a warning look from the teacher.

 

I had to cover my mouth too to stop any noise from escaping. "What do you mean I'm the prettiest in the school? Stop joking around." I nudged her shoulder.

 

She turned her face slightly and I saw her smiling. "Like I said, you have a lot to learn about this school."

 

*****

 

Shinji had to go home during the lunch break.

 

"Yah, you're really going to leave me like this?" I whined. There was no way I was going to eat lunch alone. Not with all the weird stares I've been getting throughout the day.

 

"I'm sorry, my mom is expecting me." she apologized. "But don't worry, no one should bother you. I'll be back before class starts!"

 

"You " I sighed, letting go of her arm that I found myself clinged onto. "You still have to teach me 'the many things I need to know about in this school.'" I made air quotes, which earned a confusing look from her. Hm, I guess there's no such thing as air quotes in Korea?

 

She gave me another soft laugh. "Let's hang out after school let's out. You wanna come over? We can do homework and I'll tell you everything you need to know."

 

I agreed and we exchanged phone numbers before she left for the lunch hour.

 

Great, what do I do now?

 

I took the lunch that Jina had packed me, grabbed the book that I have been reading and found a seat on the stairs by the fields. It was fairly empty and the few surrounding students seemed to be too engrossed with their conversations to pay attention to me. At least I'll be left alone...

 

*****

 

Chanyeol's POV

 

"Oh! That's her! Do you see her? The girl sitting by the fields? That's the girl I was telling you about yesterday!" Baekhyun pointed in Soojin's direction, remembering seeing her the other day in the faculty office. Baekhyun, Suho, D.O, Kai, Sehun and I were gathered at our usual spot by the courtyard in front of the school.

 

"Oh, she is pretty!" Sehun exclaimed, squinting his eyes to try and get a better look as the rest of the boys nodded in agreement.

 

I glanced in her direction, not really looking. "Yeah, she's okay."

 

"What are you talking about? Look at her! She's gorgeous! She's even prettier than Minji! And I bet she's all natural!" Suho laughed.

 

"Why do you guys think about girls so much? They're only trouble." I told them, kicking a pebble that was at my feet. I never understood why these guys were so engrossed in girls. I mean, we could have anyone we wanted, what made that one girl so special? Thanks to Baekhyun's big mouth, the whole school knew about her before she even started. "The New Pretty Student". Everyone was talking about her, curious about what she looked like, even some rumors had started - saying she was a model or something from the States. I shook my head in disapproval. This school could be so stupid sometimes.

 

"He's right. Those are the kinds of girls you have to be careful of - pretty. But who knows?" D.O pondered, glancing in her direction once more curiously.

 

"Then you guys don't mind if I call dibs then?" Baekhyun raised his eyebrows.

 

Kai and Sehun laughed, holding each other up.

 

"You're joking right?" Kai clapped his hands. "I know girls are all over you here, but do you have any idea how awkward you are when you approach girls?"

 

"Kai is right. You're better off letting her come to you." Sehun laughed.

 

"Ha. Ha. Just watch and learn boys." Baekhyun stood, readjusting his blazer before he started to walk towards Soojin.

 

"I heard she's from America." D.O told me.

 

"Really? So she can't speak Korean?" I asked, taking a closer look at Soojin. She was eating alone, reading a book. Well with all the commotion she caused since Baekhyun spread the news, I'm a little surpised she's eating alone.

 

Suho shook his head. "No, I think she's still pretty fluent in Korean."

 

All of us watched Baekhyun as he got closer to Soojin, waiting to see what would happen next...

 

 


A/N:

thank you to everyone who has read and subscribed to my story!
i hope you guys like it so far! the story is just beginning!

please comment and let me know what you think! they make me feel good and want to continue writing!

oh baekhyun...why are you so silly? but that's why we love him right?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 175jTly.gif

i'll update again soon <3