chapter 21*

My Bully, My Lover

Chanyeol's POV

"Are you sure she said she was going to come?" Sehun asked, looking on either side of the street.

"I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't show," Kai added, hopping up and down from the cold. "Chanyeol hyung said she was going through something serious. So we should be able to understand."

"She should at least call!" Baek whined, rubbing his hands together for warmth. I lightly hit him on the arm for his comment. "Ow!"

"Maybe we should go inside and wait? Shinji looks pretty cold." Suho suggested, directing our attention towards Shinji. She wasn't dressed very warm, caring more about how she looked than her well-being like always.

"You guys can go inside, I'll--" I started to say when D.O interuppted me.

"Soojin-ah!" he exclaimed as all of our heads turned, following his gaze. Soojin was all bundled up for the winter weather.

"Sorry guys! I'm late, huh?" she apologized as she jogged over.

"Soojin-ah!!!" Baek cheered, giving her a big hug. Kai and Sehun soon embraced her as well as the four of them were in a big group hug. "Where have you been? We missed you!"

"Way to just ditch us!" Sehun added.

"What have you been up to? Is everything alright?" Kai asked.

Soojin rubbed her hands together. "Why don't we go inside first? You guys must be freezing."

Everyone agreed and started to walk inside the restuarant for D.O and Kai's birthday dinner. Suho went to Soojin's side and put an arm around her shoulder, irking me.

"We missed you a lot Soojin," he said to her, givving her a pat on her back.

"I missed you a lot too Suho oppa," she responded, giving him a big smile.

We all took our seats at our reserved dinner table. The eight of us spread out; unfortunately, I wasn't able to sit as close to Soojin as I had wanted to. Baek had pulled her to sit next to him and Suho was already with her. I was stuck sitting diagonal from her.

"So tell me guys, what have you been up to the past couple of weeks?" Soojin asked, taking off her coat.

"Us?" D.O said. "What about you? We've all been together for the most part of winter break, you're the one that went missing."

Soojin bit her lip. "Yeah...sorry about that. I had some serious going on at home..."

"Chanyeol hyung told us something was wrong," Kai said sadly. "Is everything alright?"

I will still concerned for her. Even if we had a great day together, I knew it wasn't going to take just one day to lift her spirits up. It would take many days like the one we had, and it still wouldn't be enough.

Everyone looked at her concerned, starting to think of all the possibilities that could explain her absence without a word. I sensed that she wasn't going to say anything, how could she? She was kind of put on the spot. I was about to intervene when she started to explain.

"My mom...is sick," she said sadly, looking down.

Everyone stopped breathing, not expecting to hear such news.

"Is she...alright?" Sehun asked cautiously.

Soojin swallowed and shook her head. The air got really heavy and no one knew what to say. There was never a right thing to say when it came to someone you cared about and their happiness.

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," Suho comforted.

Soojin shook her again and looked up to meet our faces. "I know I don't have to, but you guys are my friends. Sure, it's tough, but thanks to Chanyeol, now I know that I have you guys to get me through it." She told us, warming our hearts.

"Wait, Chanyeol?" Baek questioned. "What do you mean 'thanks to Chanyeol'?" He looked at me, giving me a curious look along with the rest of the boys.

"He came by my house a few days ago to try and cheer me up. Didn't you guys know?" Soojin said, furrowing her eyebrows.

"He did?" Suho exclaimed. "I thought you were going to just tell her about the birthday party."

I cleared my throat. "Is everyone ready to order yet? I'm starving."

The boys all gave each other a look and I knew that I was going to be in for it later. I haven't told them yet about my feelings for Soojin. If they were teasing me about it before, I couldn only imagine the hard time they were going to give me once I admit it to them. It will be torture and never-ending.

Thankfully, we proceeded with dinner and the topic was dropped. Shinji brought a cake and we all sang happy birthday to D.O and Kai.

"Cheers to another year together!" D.O raised a glass of water.

"Let's grow old together!" Kai exclaimed, raising his own as the rest of us followed to clink our glasses.

"Are we done? Let's go to round 2 of the party!" Sehun exclaimed, starting to put on his coat.

The eight of us paid for our meal and walked out into the streets where snow was falling. It has been a cold winter, but not too much snow - which was seriously surprising for Seoul. As much as we hated the snow sometimes, it was falling very pretty tonight.

"Wow!" Baek exclaimed, putting an arm around D.O. "Check it out!"

"I can't wait for the summer.." Suho mumbled.

"Think fast!" Sehun shouted as a snowball hit my shoulder. I turned to see him laughing and hiding behind Soojin.

"You are so dead." I bent down to make a snowball and aimed at Sehun. He pushed Soojin in front on him just before he got hit, causing the snow to hit Soojin instead.

"Ow!" she shouted in surprise.

"Oh, my bad. That was meant for Sehun." I apologized, but I couldn't help but laugh. There was snow in her hair and shoulders. Sehun held his stomach in laughter.

Soon we broke out into a huge snowball fight, one by one each of us getting hit with chucnks of soft snow, slipping and falling back into the white cotton floor. Our noses were running and our fingers were getting numb, but we had a blast. We continued to laugh and shout, grabbing onto each other for support and making alliances. We probably looked like idiots to anyone who was watching. Just a bunch of high school kids, acting like children in the snow. But we didn't care. We were still young, celebrating our two best friends' birthdays, enjoying the moment.

"I can't feel my fingers!" Kai exclaimed, blowing his warm breath into the palm of his hands.

"My shoes are all wet!" D.O added, shaking the show off his legs.

"Alright, let's head over to noraebang now," I said, taking the initiative. We walked a few blocks until we reached the karaoke place that me and the boys usually go to. The owner greeted us since we were regulars and took our to our usual room.

"Now let's get this party started!" Baek shouted.

*****

Soojin's POV

The celebration continued as everyone showed off their singing and rapping skills, and boy - was it impressive or what. Who knew that jokester Baekhyun had such a voice? D.O and Suho too! And since when did Chanyeol, Kai and Sehun rap? I listened and watched in awe, these boys were really talented. Geez, was there anything they couldn't do?

"Your turn!" Kai handed me the mic. I grabbed the mic, ready to sing my third song of the night. Shinji and I stood up and started to sing Ailee's I'll Show You. The boys cheered and danced along. It was the most fun I've had since I heard the news about my mom. I felt kind of guilty for having this much fun, it felt wrong.

Right then, my phone rang - it was my mom. I shoved my mic to Shinji and left the room as fast as I could.

"Hello? Umma?" I answered, shutting the door behind me.

"Soojin-ah," my mom replied. It sounded like she had a little more energy since the last time I spoke to her. "Are you having fun?"

I bit my lip as the guilt grew. My mom softly laughed. "It's okay to have fun Soojin. You deserve it."

"Why did you call? Do you need something? Should I head home?" I asked. There was no reason to worry, but there was no reason for her to call me at this time, so it must have been important.

"No, no, dear. It's nothing to worry about. It's good news actually." My mom told me. "The doctor said that I can come home and be treated from your father's house now instead of staying at the hospital. I just wanted to let you know. But don't worry, i'll just see you when you--"

"I'll be home soon." I cut her off.

My mom laughed again. "Soojin, it's fine. You have fun. You said it was your friends' birthday! It's rude to leave because of your old and rusty mother."

"If I leave now, I should be able to get home around the same time as you," I said, ignoring her. "I'll see you soon umma."

Before she could protest any further, I hung up the phone and smiled. Finally, she didn't have to be in that awful hospital anymore. She could stay at home, with her family. I turned to head back to the party and everyone stopped their party and turned to me with worried faces.

"Is everything okay?" Shinji asked concerned.

I laughed. "Oh my goodnes guys, keep partying! Nothing happened!" I was touched at their level of careness for me. Even when it was D.O and Kai's birthday, they still put their friends ahead of themselves. "But I think I'm going to have to call it a night."

"Awh, why!" Sehun complained. "We still have time left in here!"

"My mom is coming home from the hospital!" I cheesed. "I wanna be home when she gets there."

Everyone nodded in understandment.

"Go, go!" D.O urged. "Get out of here!"

"Make sure you come back to us and not disappear for another million years!" Kai added, laughing.

I could tell that my friends were really happy for me and I couldn't have been more grateful.

"I'll drive you," Chanyeol suddenly said, getting up and putting on his coat. "You guys will be alright without me right?"

The boys gave each other blank stares, not understanding what had just happened. Shinji and I gave each other a look as well.

"You don't have to, you should stay and celebrate," I told him, feeling my face starting to get warm.

"I wanna see Jina noona," Chanyeol said. "Don't flatter yourself."

"Oh.." I mumbled. Not going to lie, I was disappointed. Of course he wants to see Jina, why else would he offer to drive me home?

"Well then...happy birthday D.O! Happy birthday Kai!" I went over to them and gave them the biggest hug I could manage. "I hope you have a great night, sorry I couldn't stay much longer."

"Don't worry about it, it was good seeing you. Thanks for coming out!" D.O smiled.

"Like I said, just don't go missing again alright?" Kai smiled.

I nodded and greeted the rest of my friends. Shinji gave me a wide eyes look, the kind that said you-and-I-are-going-to-have-a-talk-about-this-whole-Chanyeol-oppa-offering-to-drive-you-home-later. I shook my head and smiled, bidding her farewell. Boy, was I going to hear an earful from her later.

"Ready?" Chanyeol asked once I said the last of my goodbyes.

I nodded, "Yeah, let's go."

*****

"Is mom home yet?" I asked Jina as Chanyeol and I greeted her once we entered the house.

She shook her head. "Your father and Kwonho just got to the hospital, they should be home soon."

I nodded and opened the fridge. "Do you want anything to drink?" I asked Chanyeol. I didn't hear a response and turned to ask again but he was no where to be seen. "What the?"

"He went upstairs." Jina told me, flipping through the pages of her newest novel.

"What?!" I exclaimed. This punk better not be going where I think he's going. I rushed up the stairs and caught him in the hallway about to open the door to my room. "Really?!"

He jumped in surprise and put a hand to his chest. "You scared me!" he shouted.

"Just where do you think you're going?" I asked, standing in front of him now.

"What?" he asked innocently. "You've been in my room plenty of times. Can't blame me if I said I was curious."

"You said you're here for Jina, so we're going to go downstairs to talk to Jina," I told him, grabbing his arm to drag him back downstairs.

"Let me just see!" he fought back easily, I was unable to budge him.

I didn't remember if my room was clean or not, or worse - if there was anything embarrassing lying around. I tired to rack my brain to remember what my room looked like before I left, but the nerves made be unable to. "There's nothing to see!" I protested, trying to pull him away from my door.

"Seeing you fight me like this just makes me more curious! There must be something you don't want me to see!" Chanyeol laughed, being fueled by my resistance. He freed himself from my grip with no problem and opened the door to my room.

*****

Chanyeol's POV

"Are you kidding me right now?" Soojin exclaimed frustrated. She wasn't mad, she was just mad she lost.

"So this is it huh?" I said, taking it all in, walking slowly around her room. It was well kept, just like I had imagined and smelled just like her. It was a plesant smell and it calmed my body almost instantly. Honestly, I thought my body would go crazy being in her room, but the aroma had a very serene effect on me.

"Like I said, it's just a room." she mumbled annoyed.

I headed over to her small living area and noticed the novels spread across. She must like to read. I slowly moved towards her desk, flled with textbooks and notebooks, all organized in their shelves. All of a sudden, my phone rang and I took it out of my pocket. I hesitated, but remembered what Soojin said last time I ignored the call. I didn't want to get scolded at again, even if it meant having to answer.

"Hi Minji," I muttered.

"OPPA!!!" she shouted. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL DAY?!"

"I was celebrating D.O and Kai's birthday today," I answered, uninterested. I gave Soojin an apologetic look, but she was no where to be found. Where did she go?

"Oh, was their birthday this week? I don't remember," she said. "ANYWAYS, I was just calling to ask if you got my email about the color palette I chose for the holiday party this upcoming weekend. What do you think? Did you see any schemes that you liked?"

"Uh, sorry Minji," I told her. "I don't think I got it. And I already got a suit for the party, sorry."

"No!" Minji cried. "But we have to match!"

"No, we don't. Just wear what you want," I told her flatly, continuing to look around Soojin's room. I looked at all pictures of her, her family and friends spread across her wall and smiled to myself.

"No matter, I'll just match you," Minji concluded. "What are you wearing?"

"Um..a suit?" I told her. What was she expecting me to say?

"Ugh, never mind oppa." she grunted. "I'll just ask your mom."

"Okay, bye." I hung up before she could say anthing else. My eyes landed on a picutre of Soojin when she was younger with her mom. She looked so happy. Sometimes I wish that the world could stay this young forever. Everything was so much easier at a young age.

"Are you done yet?" she asked impatiently, surprisng me. I jumped, startled.

"Where did you go?" I asked. She looked more annoyed and a little unhappy.

She gave me another look to try and get me to leave her room. I smiled at her will to get me out, but I wasn't going to give in so easily.

"We have time," I smiled back at her. She rolled her eyes and folded her arms tensely.

I made my way and touched her guitar and keyboard at the foot of her bed. Her music book was open to a page that was in the middle of being written. Of course she was working on something. She was always working on something new, just like I was.

My eyes reached her bed. My mind automatically imagined her sleeping there, peacefully with good dreams - or at least that's what I prayed for every night before I went to bed. I took a seat on her bed.

"Really?" she said, cheeks starting to color.

I laughed at her reaction. Was she really getting shy about this? I was just sitting on her bed, it's not like she hasn't sat on my bed before. Yes, the many times she's been on my bed....Oh gosh, get a grip Chanyeol!

"Alright, you saw my room. Let's go," she said, coming towards me to drag me out. But before she reached me, I lied down flat on my back, resting my head on her pillow. "What are you doing?"

"You don't mind if I lie here for a bit do you? I'm kind of tired," I told her with closed eyes, smiling.

"Ugh!" she grunted, taking a seat on the bed. "You just love infuriating me, don't you?"

"You make it fun," I smiled. She wacked me on my chest.

The conversation lulled to a silence, but this time a heavy silence. My heart started to pick up it's pace. I was in Soojin's room, lying in her bed. My male hormones were starting to act up and I had the biggest urge to pull her down and lie in bed with me. I wanted to wrap my arms around her and fall into a deep sleep with her by my side. I wanted to kiss her good night and again good morning. I felt my ears heating up.

I wanted to tell her how I felt. This was the first girl I have ever developed feelings for, and I didn't want to waste any time just lollygagging around. Sure, I wasn't positive on how she felt, but I was sure she didn't hate me. If she did, I wouldn't be here right now. But was I ready to be rejected? What if I told her how I felt and she didn't accept my feelings? I knew that my heart would be broken in an instant. I didn't take rejection well, only because I don't receive it often. Something told me that if i was rejected by Soojin, it would be the worst I have ever encoutnered. Even worse than the rejections I have received from my own father.

It seemed that Soojin wanted to say something, but was having a hard time letting the words out. It was just a feeling that I had. Soojin looked like she was having an internal conversation with herself like I was. My curiosity built.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked her softly, gazing at her profile.

She was surprised at the sudden question and looked as if she got caught. Her cheeks deepend in color and she looked down, averting my gape.

Soojin cleared . "Nothing."

I turned to my side and held my head up with my arm. "You're a really bad liar, you know that?"

She let out a big sigh, "Everyone keeps telling me that!" she said frustrated.

My heart warmed at this. This was one of the many reasons that I like Soojin I realized. She wasn't only probably the most honest person I have ever met, but she had no fear of saying what was on her mind. Except this time, something was holding her back.

"Come on," I said, nudging her back with my knee. "What were you thinking about so hard?"

She struggled with what to say next, continuing the internal conversation with herself. I don't know why, but I found myself expecting something big, I held my breath waiting for her to say something. She opened to say something when someone barged in the room.

"Noona!" a boy came in. "Oh, whoops. My bad, am I interrupting something?"

"No, you're not," Soojin said quickly, getting up from the bed. "But you could have knocked you idiot."

The boy raised his hands in defense. "Well excuse me for walking in on your date."

"This isn't a date," Soojin replied briskly. She turned to face me, gesturing me to get off my bed. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little hurt, even though it was a true statement.

"Uh-huh, then who are you?" the boy asked me.

I looked at Soojin, unsure of what to say. Friend? Tutor? It should have been an obvious answer, but I didn't want to answer him with either of those. I had one word in mind and I knew it wasn't the same word Soojin was thinking of.

"He's a friend from school," Soojin answered. "Kwonho, Chanyeol; Chanyeol, Kwonho."

"Hey." I greeted him. I should be content with friend, that's what we were. But my heart was undeniably aching for more.

"Sup dude," he responded. "Anyways, umma's home. Come downstairs whenever."

"Alright." Soojin said as Kwonho left the room. We stood there in a few seconds of silence before Soojin spoke again. "Sorry about that, he can be a real bonehead sometimes."

I laughed at her name-calling. "I have a sister too, siblings can be a drag."

We started to walked towards her door. "Yeah, but you're the younger brother. Speaking from the older sister's point of view, you have it easy. Your sister and I are the real victims of the family." she said, laughing.

"Oh please, you girls have it so easy!" I retorted. "The perfectionist, golden child that doesn't even have to try to be perfect." Wait, did I indirectly just call her perfect?

She seemed to have caught it too and bit her lip, hesitant of how to repond. "Yeah well...the younger siblings are the spoiled ones. Always getting what they want without having to work for it."

We walked the rest of the way to the living room in silence as I inwardly scolded myself for what I said. My ears started to heat up again in embarrassment.

"Soojin!" a mother's voice sang. Soojin ran over to a women, sitting on the couch. She looked just like Soojin, or rather, Soojin looked just like her mother. Her mother was beautiful, just like Soojin, but in a more mature, wise way. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I could tell that her father was a lucky man. "Who's your friend?"

"Oh," Sooji got up from her mother's embrace. "This is Park Chanyeol. He's a friend from school and used to be one of Jina's music students."

"Oh, I see," her mother replied, still unsure of why I was there. "It's nice to meet you Chanyeol."

I bowed and shook the hand that she held out for me. "Thank you eomonim. I hope you are feeling better?"

She looked shocked to find out that I knew such information and looked sidways to Soojin. "I am, thank you for asking."

"Park Chanyeol?" a father's voice said behind me. "Is that you?"

I turned to see a familiar man standing at the doorway. No fricken way.

"Ahnyounghasaeyo," I bowed in greeting. Well, this is awkward.

"Eh?" Soojin said. "Appa, you know Chanyeol?"

"What do you mean Chanyeol? Isn't he older than you?" he said to Soojin. "Shouldn't you be calling him oppa?"

"Appa! Please!" Soojin shouted, cheeks flushing red again.

I laughed and faced her, "You know, he has a point."

"Shut up," she mumbled, trying to hide her bright red face.

"Long time no see Chaneyol-ah," he shook my hand and patted me on the back.

"How do you know Chanyeol dear?" Mrs. Lee asked.

"He's the son of Park Hyunshik." Mr. Lee answered.

"I'm sorry, but is that supposed to make sense to me?" Soojin said, still not understanding the connection.

"Your dad and my dad are kind of..." I didn't know how to say it, I was in their home after all.

"Chanyeol's father's company is sort of a rival to my company," Mr. Lee told Soojin. "So we see each other often at big events, don't we Chanyeol?"

I bowed again. I always liked Mr. Lee. He was always so kind and treated me as if I was his own. Him and my father may have gotten into their disputes, but I appreciated that he kept it separate with me and treated me like a person.

He always looked sad when I saw him. I always wondered about his family since they were never around at big events. Mr. Lee always came alone where other company CEO's brought their whole families. It truly was a small world.

"Well, this is weird." Soojin said flatly, taking a seat next to her mother, who laughed and wrapped an arm around her daughter.

"Why don't you stay for dinner?" Mr. Lee offered. "Jina is making galbi!"

I looked at Soojin to get some sort of permission. She gave me a small nod and smiled, which surprised me. I almost swore that she was going to make me decline. I looked back at Mr. Lee and grinned. "Thank you, I would be happy to."

*****

"OH MY GOODNESS KWONHO!" Soojin shouted. "SHUT UP!"

The entire dining table filled with laughter as Kwonho shared an embarrassing story about Soojin when she was younger, learning how to ride a bike.

"She was afraid of squirrels for the longest time!" he cackled, slamming the table with his fist a couple of times.

I wipe a tear from my eye. "Man Soojin, who knew you were such a crybaby?" I laughed.

"I was 8!" she cried defensively. "Things like that can happen when you're 8!"

The remainder of the night was fantastic. Even though it was Soojin's family, it felt as if I was a part of it too. The Lee's were very welcoming and I didn't want to leave. My heart ached a little thinking back to my own family. We haven't had a family night like this in well...years. The last time I could remember was probably when I was in elementary school, when my father was still building his business. He was home more often, and musch more laid back than he is now. After experiencing this today with Soojin' family, I wished I could be 10 again to laugh like this with my own family.

"So Chanyeol, tell me," Mrs. Lee started. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

The question threw me off guard. "No, I don't." I told her honestly.

She looked at Soojin, who was immersed with her phone. "Oh really? If not a girlfriend, then maybe a candidate? Is there anyone you like at the moment?"

"Umma, please!" Soojin exclaimed. "Don't ask personal questions!"

"What? There's nothing wrong with that question!" Mrs. Lee replied back. "It's okay for me to be curious! I'm a mom!" she laughed.

Soojin buried her face in the palms of her hands, embarrassed.

"So do you?" Mrs. Lee asked again. Everyone looked at me expectantly, except Soojin, who was still hiding her face.

I bit my lip in hesitation. "I do." I answered. Soojin snapped her head forward and looked at me with wide eyes.

"You do?!" she asked.

My heart was beating fast at my indirect confession to her. What did I just do? Just play it cool Chanyeol, don't give anything away.

"Yes, Soojin," I started to say as calmy as possible. "I have feelings too."

"Who?!" she blurted, cheeks transforming crimson again.

"Soojin, now that's a personal question" Mrs. Lee laughed. "Your future wife will be lucky to have a husband like you."

I bowed my head in gratitude. "Oh, thank you."

"More like the unluckiest person in the world," I heard Soojin mutter under ther breath.

"Please, I feel bad for your future husband." I retorted back to her.

"Alright, alright," Jina cut in. "Let's end it here before it gets any worse. I swear, these two fight more than I have ever seen two people fight!"

"You know, you are very much like the boy Soojin used to write in her diaries," Mrs. Lee started.

"OH MY GOSH UMMA! STOP!" Soojin shouted. I laughed at her reaction, she looked like she was about to cry.

"Who was the boy she used to write about?" I asked Mrs. Lee, pressing further.

"Awh, honey," Mr. Lee laughed. "You really think that's a good idea?"

"APPA MAKE HER STOP!" Soojin yelled, giving him a desperate look to intervene.

"It wasn't a real boy," Mrs. Lee continued. "I don't think Soojin has ever liked anyone before. She's quite the romantic you know. She might be stubborn, mean and a tomboy on the outside, but she's still a girl - a girl waiting for her prince charming."

"OH MY GOSH UMMA!!!" she cried. I think she was starting to turn purple.

"You don't say," I said. This was new to me. Soojin? A romantic? Who would have thought?

"Wouldn't you say so though Soojin?" Mrs. Lee asked her daughter, who was hiding her face in the crooks of her arms on top of the table.

"Don't talk to me, leave me to get into this earth." she mumbled in her arms, earning another round of laughter from the rest of us.

"Tall, handsome, loves music as much as you do, smart, atheltic, big heart," Mrs. Lee counted off on her fingers. "Wouldn't you say Soojin?"

"Look at noona!" Kwonho snickered. "I have never seen her like this before. She must actually like Chanyeol hyung!"

Her head snapped up, ready to attack her younger brother. "I'm going to kill you," she threatened in a low voice before proceeding to chase Kwonho around the house.

"Umma! Make her stop!" Kwonho yelled through the house.

Everyone watched in amusement, except me. My mind was elsewhere.

Could it be? Was there a possiblity...that just maybe...Soojin had feelings for me too?

*****

Soojin's POV

Tonight could not have gone any worse than it did. It wall went downhill when that stupid Minji called Chanyeol in my room. It was a sign! I knew it!

Why did my mom say all of that stuff about my diary? Why did she tell him I was secretly a romantic? WHY DID KWONHO HAVE TO CALL ME OUT LIKE THAT?!

I swear, if I live through this day, I'm going to make sure I die tomorrow so I don't have to go through something like this again. Since when were my parents so fricken embarrassing?! This was the first time I brought a guy to my home with both of my parents and now I knowto never do such a thing ever again. The experience made up for all of my younger preteen years when my friends told me about how embarrasing their parents were arond a boy they liked. Now I finally understood.

"It was just a joke Soojin, lighten up," Chanyeol said, putting a hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off, earning more laughter from my so-called loved ones. When did I become the victim tonight?

Chanyeol's phone rang again and automatically my sour mood returned.

"Hi umma," he answered. My shoulders relaxed, glad that it wasn't Minji again. "Yeah, alright. I'll be home soon." he said then hung up the phone.

"Was that your mother?" Jina asked.

Chanyeol nodded. "She wants me home soon."

My dad looked at his watch. "Oh my! Look at the time! You better get going Chanyeol!" I looked down at my own watch to see that it was past midnight. Dang, where did the time go?

Everyone started to stand up as Chanyeol bowed thank yous and good nights. "I had a lot of fun today, thank you for your hospitality."

"Anytime Chanyeol," my dad smiled, giving him a handshake.

"Come back again soon," my mom beamed. "Soojin dear, why don't you see him out?"

I threw my head back in protest. After everything I just went through tonight, I was not in the mood to be alone with him right now.

"Come and visit again before I leave for the States again, alright hyung?" Kwonho said. He took an immediate liking to Chanyeol, probably like an older brother he's always wanted.

"Why don't you come over my house sometime, we can play CoD together. Show me what you got!" Chanyeol grinned. Kwonho nodded excitedly. I swear, for a 15-year-old boy, he acted like he was 12 sometimes.

Chanyeol said good night once more and followed me outside to the front gate. "Your family is awesome." he said, still smiling.

"I know." I said flatly, but I couldn't help but let a smile spread across my face either. Yeah, my family is pretty cool. But I will never forgive umma for what she said!

We reached his Audi on the street. I expected him to go right inside, but he turned to face me. "So a romantic, huh?" he smirked.

"Oh my goodnes, please!" I groaned, face palming myself. "You will never bring this up again, do you understand? Just forget about everything!"

Chanyeol laughed, feeling like he had a great piece of information that he can now use against me. "Even if I tired I will never forget! Who knew! Prince charming?" he continued to laugh.

I hit him hard to shut him up. "I'm going to kill you."

"Hey!" he said, giving me a serious look. "That's no way to talk to your oppa!"

I groaned again, suddenly remembering why I hated my family that night. "It's never going to happen."

"Why not? Your dad has a point, I am older than you." Chanyeol repeated my dad's words.

"It's not going to happen!" I repeated myself.

"You call Suho, Baek and D.O oppa, it's only right that you call me oppa too," Chanyeol said, slightly hurt. "We're all in the same class!"

I considered this for a moment, but I couldn't find myself to call him that. It was just...wrong. Our relationship didn't need that kind of stuff, it felt like such...an endearing term.

I shook my head. "Sorry, it's weird."

Out of nowhere, Chanyeol took a big step towards me, his toes touched mine, his right arm wrapped around to my back, holding me from taking a step away. His face was centimeters away from mine and I stopped breathing. What the heck is he doing?

"Call me oppa." he whispered.

His was looking at me with his intense eyes again, I could have almost sworn I saw flames in his pupils. I cleared my throat nervously. "I-It's not going to happen. I-It's t-too weird!"

He held our position for what felt like hours. I leaned back as far as he would let me, trying to create more space between our faces, but he held onto me tightly, not allowing me to lean back much. Slowly, he nodded and lightened his grip on me.

"You're right, it is a little weird," he said softly, smiling. He was still staring at me, but with softer eyes this time. I still couldn't hold eye contact with him, not to mention I was blushing like crazy. He heard my heart beating the way it was conisdering how close we were.

I was free from his grasp and we were now standing in front of each other. Me shy and embarrassed where he was being his confident, assertive self. How can he be so bold? Did he know how I felt? Was he teasing me?

"I guess I'll see you then?" he asked, breaking my thoughts.

"Um, I guess." I replied. He walked over to the driver's seat of his car.

"Good night," he smiled at me one last time, got into his car and drove off.

*****

"TELL ME EVERYTHING!" Shinji screamed. She had called me minutes after I washed up and settled for bed. "I've been waiting up all night to hear from you!"

I shook my head as I pulled the cover over my body. "You should have just gone to sleep," I told her.

"TELL ME!!" she squealed. And so I did. I told her about him going into my room, about Minji calling, about him lying my bed. I told her about him meeting my family and how my dad and his dad are rivals. I told her about the embarrasing stories my family told him about me. And finally, I told her about our good night to each other...

"EEEKK!" she shouted. "OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH!"

"Um, ow?" I said, distancing my phone from my ear. "What?"

"YOU LIKE HIM!" she cried. "JUST ADMIT IT! YOU LIKE HIM, DON'T YOU?!"

I bit my lip, not wanting to answer. Shinji was going to go crazy when she finds out.

"YOU DOOOO!!" she shouted. "YOU LIKE CHANYEOL OPPA!!"

I groaned, knowing that Shinji will never let this go for as long as we both live. Not to mention, she was not going to make dealing with my newfound feelings for Chanyeol any easier. "Can you please calm down?"

"I KNEW IT! I TOLD YOU! IT'S DESTINY! YOU COULDN'T FIGHT IT! YOU WANTED TO, BUT YOU COULDN'T! CAUSE IT'S DESINTY!" she continued happily. "AND CHANYEOL OPPA LIKES YOU TOO! YOU KNOW WHY? DESTINY!!!"

My stomach dropped, my heart stopped, and I choked on my inhale. "What are you talking about?!"

"After you and Chanyeol oppa left, me and the boys were talking. They think he might like you!" she said excitedly. "It's happening Soojin! It's finally, really happening! You and Chanyeol oppa are on your way!"

I stared off into space, not thinking, not feeling. I was numb in shock.

"Hello?" Shinji said. "Soojin? Are you there?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm here," I replied. "Um, I'm going to sleep - long day. You should go to sleep too, it's late."

"What? We have to talk about this!" Shinji complained.

"Tomorrw okay?" I said. "Let's talk tomorrow."

She let out a big sigh. "Fine. You promised! I'm coming over first thing tomorrow morning, alright?!"

"Okay, good night." I laughed. Her enthusiasm always made me laugh, it was like she was watching a kdrama in real life.

"Good night!" she said happily. "Don't dream about Chanyeol oppa!"

We hung up and I lied in bed, thinking a million thoughts per minute. Was what Shinji telling me possible? Did Chanyeol like me? Could it be true? My heart started to beat at a fast rate and my face burned.

I thought back to Chanyeol holding me before he left tonight. What was he trying to do? I thought back to a few days ago at the park. Was he actually leaning in? Was that not my imagination?

My head was going crazy and was starting to hurt. But after a while, it slowly started to sink in and my heart began to soar.

Just the idea of Chanyeol reciprocating my feelings started to make me feel a little giddy. If there was any chance that this was true, where do we go from here? I was starting to get excited and dreaded at the same time seeing Chanyeol again.

Oh gosh, what am I going to do?

 


A/N:

and another update in the books!
i felt bad for not updating so long and tried really hard to bang out one today
also, considering it was a snow day, i had some more time to spend on it
i still have work to do, noooo~
i hope you guys like it :)

subscribe, comment, upvote. i'll love you forever <3
(keep those comments coming, i'm keeping track of my favorite comments to compile at the end
when i complete this fanfic. reading your comments is my favorite part of writing!)

 

in honor of nothing, just cause i feel like it (lol)
i have decided to dedicate gif time to all 12 members of EXO
here are some random gifs of our wonderful boys :) enjoy~

EXO-K
suho's stupid dance..
tumblr_inline_myw6msKV3t1rnebrx.gif
i'm personally not a huge baekyeol fan, but i know a majority of people are so.. ^^
tumblr_n0dpvf45dI1riv9cqo1_250.giftumblr_static_chanyeol_wave.gif
you know i'm not a huge kaisoo fan either, but see what i did there? ;)
tumblr_mtib6dooNK1sr68o0o2_r1_250.giftumblr_ms8fqb0nkA1qfyovfo4_250.gif
and then the maknae doof LOL
tumblr_n0b8gd5Pac1tqujqpo1_500.gif

EXO-M
remember when we thought kris was cool? LOL
10445_600.gif
i reallly like xiumin, i feel like he's so underrated. i hope he keeps his 2014 resolution and speaks up more!
and my lulu baby, what a fatass LOL
i am a TOTAL shipper of xiuhan. they are so cute together. TEAM XIUHAN!
tumblr_mvco1i0pHA1slfkrro1_500.giftumblr_n0bwes9OZx1qlrfc5o1_250.gif
he is probably the most different on/off stage...two totally different people LOL
i wish he got paid attention to more too
tumblr_mqog2aP2PN1scebywo2_500.gif
MY EXO BIAS KIM JONGDAE.
enough said. all of you readers that have been keeping up with gif time know how much i love this man LOL
tumblr_n0ecaa4vF31t0midpo1_500.gif
and maknae tao. i didn't like him too much at first, but he's been growing on me a lot thanks to showitme.
such a character this one haha
tumblr_mr0ot88Vzg1svwgnto1_500.gif  

who's your exo bias? i'm still contemplating the main guy for my next fanfic! all suggestions welcome!

much love, thatxmusic