chapter 11 *

My Bully, My Lover

Chanyeol's POV

Minji, you .

"You got a haircut!" my mom exclaimed. "It looks great!"

"Thank you Mrs. Park!" Minji beamed. "I've been thinking about cutting it for a while now and finally decided to just go for it! It looks better than I thought!"

Minji, you fcking .

I wanted to yell at her right there. How dare she lie to my mother in front of my face? I wanted to give her a piece of my mind and tell my parents what a fake person she was. I wanted to just explode right then and there so bad. But I know better than to cause a scene when guests are over. Even if it was Minji and her parents.

"Let's all gather in the dining room," my mom suggested.

I glanced at Soojin to make sure she was okay, but she didn't seem too fazed. If anything, she looked she was closer to exploding than I was. I smiled to myself. I'm glad I don't have to worry about you Soojin.

"Oh oppa!" Minji suddenly clinged to my arm and pouted. "Sorry I didn't answer any of your calls oppa. I was at the hair salon all day and didn't get a chance to answer."

I roughly freed my arm from her and walked to my seat at the table. I know we'e known each other since we were kids, but how dare you act like nothing happened today? How can you act so innocent? I was disgusted with how careless she was, even with Soojin here.

"Sit here." I ordered Soojin, pointing at the chair next to me.

"But I always sit there!" Minji whined. I gave her the ugliest look I could. Was she seriously going to be complaining to me about her seat right now? How could she be so shameless?

She looked away nervously. "Er..actually, I'll sit next to you today umma."

I directed Soojin to sit in the empty chair next to me again. She sat quietly and I sensed that she felt a little out of place at the dinner table.

I leaned over. "Don't worry. Once my dad gets here, the adults will have their own full blown conversation. We can just eat and go back upstairs." She nodded and gave me a small smile. "Sorry about Minji, if I had known, I wouldn't have made you stay for dinner."

"It's alright." she whispered back. "It's not your fault."

I smiled. She was finally starting to accept me into her life. It felt nice to talk to her casualyl now. It's been less than 24 hours, but it already feels like we've been friends for years.

My dad walked in and we all stood up in greeting.

"Ah yes, yes! Welcome! Please, sit! Let's have dinner!" he announced as he took his seat at the head of the table. "I see that we have a newcomer to the table."

"Ahnnyounghasaeyo," Soojin greeted politely. "I'm Chanyeol's friend from school. My name is Lee Soojin."

"Chanyeol is tutoring her." my mom added, smiling again.

"Oh, I see. Just a friend right?" my father asked. I was annoyed with his tone, like he had disapproved of this for some reason.

"Yes abuhji," I answered. A part of me sulked a little our friendship and I didn't know why. I was the one that wanted to be friends, righ?

He nodded, satisfied. "Welcome to our home Soojin. Let me know if there is anything I can do to make you feel more comfortable."

Soojin nodded and bowed in gratitude. But I could tell that she caught the slight unhappy tone of my father when he spoke to her. What the hell was his deal?

The rest of dinner went just as I had expected. The parents were too into their own conversation to pay attention to the children. The three of us ate in silence. I could tell Minji was not happy seeing Soojin here, but I didn't care. If it was up to me, I would have Soojin here every time Minji was. Maybe even if Minji wasn't.

"Are you so dumb that you need to be tutored?" Minji said to Soojin, low enough for the adults to not hear.

If I wasn't already mad at her, I was now. How does she have the nerve to say those things to Soojin when I'm right here? I looked to my left to see Soojin's reaction, but she was eating her rice as if she hadn't heard Minji's comment. Either she actually didn't hear her, or was really good at ignoring Minji.

Minji huffed in annoyance from the lack of response and stabbed at her bowl. I noticed Soojin smiling to herself. You really know how to pull the right strings Lee Soojin.

*****

Soojin's POV

"Thanks for the help." I told Chanyeol as I packed my things.

"You really don't need to go." he said, grabbing my notebook before I could. "I could tell her to leave."

After dinner, Minji wouldn't leave Chanyeol alone. She kept on interrupting our study session and I've finally had enough. I decided to just go home and continue the rest of the night's studies on my own. I gently took my notebook out of his hands.

"It's alright. I feel bad for you. You can't leave like I'm about to." I teased.

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, seriously. Can I come with you instead?"

We shared a laugh as I finished gathering my things together. One thing that I noticed was that Chanyeol wasn't mean to Minji like I thought he was going to be. He just ignored her or scolded her to leave us alone. I guess even if he was really mad at her for what she did to me, Minji will always be his childhood friend.

I let out a sad sigh as we descended down the stairs. Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows again.

"What?"

"Nothing, just stressing about the test..." I lied. Chanyeol and Minji have known each other their whole lives. I don't know what their relationship is like, but I'm sure it's something. Dare I say it? I was jealous. I was jealous of that . Even if Chanyeol and I were friends now, Minji would always be closer with him.

"Come back tomorrow." Chanyeol suggested. "I might skip school tomorrow anyways. You can come early."

"Don't skip school!" I scolded him.

He laughed as we walked through the front door. "I'll skip if I want to! Besides, I have other stuff that I need to take care of anyways."

We reached the front gate and I turned to face him.

"Tell your parents I said thank you and sorry for not being able to properly greet them." I told him apologetically.

"It's fine, they'll be talking with Minji's parents for much longer." he reassured me. "So you going to come tomorrow?"

I considered this. I mean, we're only studying. He's teaching me history! And I do need the help... Why am I suddenly getting so shy?!

"Um..if you're really going to skip school then...I guess." I agreed, playing with a small rock under my foot.

I was surprised to see a car pull up. I don't think I called Jina to pick me up, did I?

"That car is for you." Chanyeol told me. "We can't have something like that night happen again, can we?"

I blushed hard at the traumatizing, yet embarrasing moment I had with Chanyeol. But something was telling me that wasn't why I was blushing. Chanyeol was being such...a gentleman.

"Thanks..." I muttered again. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I turned without looking at him and quickly got in the car. Before I shut the door, I heard another soft laugh from Chanyeol.

*****

Chanyeol's POV

I was still smiling as I walked all the way back to my room. Why am I so happy?

My smile immediately disappeared when I opened my bedroom door to see Minji sitting on my bed.

"Finally! I thought she would never leave!" she exclaimed. She got up and swiftly walked towards me, putting her arms around my neck. "I missed you today oppa."

I took her arms and placed them back to her side roughly while glaring at her. "Get out."

"Oppa! Why are you so mean to me?" she pouted.

"Yah, Kang Minji." I was really starting to lose my patience with her. Usually, I would have yelled at her as soon as our parents were out of ear shot, but because Soojin was there, I didn't. I couldn't let Soojin see that kind of nasty side to me. I hope she didn't think my silence was a sign of forgiveness to Minji. I was never going to forgive her. "How can you be so shameless after the you pulled today?"

"She had it coming!" she whined. "I had to teach her a lesson!"

"I think you're the one that needs to be taught a lesson." I walked passed her while harshly bumping into her shoulder.

"Are you really taking her side right now?!" Minji fumed. "What the hell oppa! This is me we're talking about. Kang Minji! The girl you've known since we were babies!"

"So?" How dare she use the length of our relationship as an excuse? Does she really think that because I've known her for so long, she gets a free pass? I couldn't hold it any longer. "You're not the same Minji that I shared my ice cream with in kindergarten. You've changed Minji. I let it pass and chose to ignore it after all of these years, but after today, I have no choice but to acknowledge it. You're not a good person Minji. I don't want anything to do with you anymore. What you did to Soojin was really low. I expected more from you. You need to stop thinking that the world is yours. You need to stop acting like such a fcking baby when you don't get what you want."

"I only act this way because I want you oppa," she started to cry. "You call me harsh? You know how I've felt about you for years and you just toss me to the side like I mean nothing to you!"

"You don't mean anything to me. Not anymore." I told her. I didn't care, she needed to hear this. She needed a rude awakening and if it was going to be me to give it to her, then so be it. "I have never felt that way for you Minji. And after that you pulled today, I never will. Get it through your head and leave me and the boys alone. We don't belong to you. So stop harrassing the girls at school because of your pathetic jealousy."

"Is this because of Soojin?!" she shouted, the tears not stoppping. "Is Soojin the reason for you acting like this towards me?!"

I let out a laugh of disbelief. "Minji. This has nothing to do with Soojin, so don't bring her into this. This is about you. This about you not being a good person. This is about you needing a reality check."

Minji squeezed her fists tightly, so hard that she was shaking. I did feel bad for making her cry like this and for not returning her feelings, but it had to be said. I was so fed up with her actions the past few years, I was bound to tell her eventually.

"I'm going to make Lee Soojin pay for this!" she screamed and turned to leave. I grabbed her before she reached the door and forced her to face me.

"Leave Soojin alone." I growled. "Whether you like it or not, she's important to me. She's my friend now. If anything more happens to her, I promise you Minji. I will cut you out of my life forever."

She looked into my glaring eyes in sorrow. Lost for words, she turned and ran out the door. I heard a door slam a few seconds later.

I walked over to my couch and plopped down into the cushion. This is why I hate girls. They're so emotional and stupid. I brushed my fingers through my hair in frustration. Except Soojin.

I grabbed my guitar and started to pluck the strums mindlessly. This simple action was always calming and made me feel better. I was back on my writing flow and continued to write a melody that I've been working on the past coupe of days.

A soft knock was heard on my door as the head maid entered. "Young Master? Your parents would like to see you downstairs."

I groaned and got up from the couch. They always need me at the worst times. "Is Mr. and Mrs. Kang still here?" I asked the head maid as we took the stairs down together.

She nodded. "Yes, they're all in the living room with your parents.

We entered the living room where my parents were seated on one couch, Minji's parents were sitting on the other and Minji was sitting on the third couch. The head maid bowed and left to continue her chores.

"Sit down Chanyeol, we have something to discuss with you." my father said.

"What is it?" I asked curiously, taking a seat next to Minji. My mother avoided eye contact with me and looked upset. There was something about the atmosphere that made me nervous. What is going on?

"We have an important announcement to make to you two!" Mr. Kang exclaimed with a wide smile.

Something about my mother's facial expression told me that this was not something I will be smiling about. I grew more and more nervous. The six of us sat there in silence for a few seconds before my world came crashing down.

"You two are engaged!"

 


 

A/N:

I'M SORRY! I HAD TO DO IT!
make sure to stick around to find out what happens! muhahah~

again, i can't thank you all enough <3
subscribe, comment, upvote. i'll love you forever :)

 

GIF TIME :)
i love kyungsoo's random moments of cuteness LOL
and i like that i know what some of these boys wear to sleep now (yeah, i'm being a creep. sue me. LOL)

  tumblr_mys5w7pW551r44taeo2_250.gif   tumblr_myrsujdBaO1s0gve6o1_250.gif

this part absolutely made no sense, but it still didn't fail to make me laugh.
like, what are you doing chanyeol?

tumblr_myrx4d5wpE1raxvqro1_r1_500.gif

my cutie luhan keke

tumblr_mytxi6ppI71sawj2lo1_500.gif

i hope everyone is having a great first few days of the new year!

tumblr_myrrmhkEJm1s22rbbo1_500.gif

much love, thatxmusic