chapter 25*

My Bully, My Lover

Soojin's POV

"Oh Chanyeol! I didn't know you were with Soojin!" my dad greeted us as we walked through the front door.

"Hello Mr. Lee," Chanyeol bid my dad hello, giving him a deep bow followed with a big smile. "I apologize if I kept her from you."

"Nonsense!" he smiled, patting him on the back. "I'm glad she has people she can spend time with other than her family while I'm away for business."

I was absolutely uncomfortable and felt like the awkwardness would not go away until Chanyeol did.

"Um, Chanyeol has to leave now appa," I told him, hoping he would get the hint.

"Already?" my mom pouted. "Won't you stay for a little while? I was just about to cut some fruit."

"Stay?" Chanyeol repeated, looking at me for permission. I gave him the ugliest glare I could, ordering him to politely reject and go home. He had a glint in his eye and I knew he was going to do just what I had internally begged him not to. "I'd love to."

I gave him an annoyed grunt as he chuckled, satisfied with my reaction. "I'm going to bed." I said flatly and started to storm off towards the stairs.

"Soojin!" my mom called after me. "Don't be rude! Chanyeol is our guest, your guest. I taught you better than that."

"But umma, he's--" I started, but the look on her face told me to stop. I sighed and walked to the kitchen to help her cut the fruit. If I was going to have to stay down here while Chanyeol was in my house, I needed to stay away from him as much as possible. My heart just couldn't handle the proximity right now...

*****

Chanyeol's POV

I couldn't help but find Soojin's reactions absolutely amusing. She was suddenly so shy and trying so hard to deny our attraction to each other, but as much as I like her too much to stay away from her, it seems like it was the same for her too.

The whole walk back we didn't say a single word to each other. We just walked slowly, side by side, hand in hand. I wanted to know what was going through her head. What was she thinking about? Was this whole night a good idea? What do I do now? I had all of these questions running around my head, but I pushed them off momentarily and just enjoyed being with her, holding her hand. I knew that this was a rare occasion. I couldn't tell if it was what she wanted, if she was just too numb from my confession, but I didn't care. Knowing Soojin, she would never let me hold her hand again, so I had to take advantage of every second.

I know she's just embarassed and shy after what I had told her, but it killed me inside not knowing what she was thinking. She hadn't given me a reponse to my confession. Yeah sure, I knew how she felt, but still. It wasn't the same. I needed to hear it from her. I needed to hear her say it to me. It was the only way my heart would soar.

"So...congratulations on your engagement," Mr. Lee said, a little uncomfortably.

I gave him a soft smile. "There is no engagement." I told him confidently. Maybe if I say this outloud enough, it would come true.

"No?" he looked at me confused, questioning if he had heard correctly at the holiday dinner.

I nodded and looked at my hands. "My father...is trying to force it upon me, but I refuse to do it. It's not something I want."

Mr. Lee nodded sympathetically and leaned back on the couch. "Hyunshik is too stubborn for his own good."

I let out a chuckle, "It seems that our family is notorious for our impossible stubborness."

"If you don't mind me asking...why is it exactly that you're denying to follow your father's orders?" Mr. Lee asked uncomfortably, regretting his question immediately.

"I like someone else." I told him honestly. Now that Soojin knows, I wanted everyone to know. I didn't want to hide it anymore. "And I believe that if I marry someone, it should be the person I love, not the person my father wants me to marry."

Mr. Lee nodded approvingly, his lips curving into a small, knowing smile. "I guess it also helps when that girl likes you too, huh?"

My eyes widened. Does he know? Wait...what exactly does he know? Just then, Mrs. Lee and Soojin came into the living area with a tray full of fruit.

"What are you guys talking about?" Mrs. Lee asked, setting the tray on the table.

Mr. Lee and I exchanged a brief look and silently agreed to not mention anything. "School. The semester is starting in a few days." I said, grabbing a fork.

"Ugh, can you not remind me?" Soojin groaned, stabbing an apple slice and roughly throwing it into . "I am so not ready to go back."

Mrs. Lee patted her on the shoulder. "Oh sweetie. Is school still being rough on you?"

Soojin shook her mother's hand away, stabbing at a second apple, still full of the first. It was a humerous sight and my still heart yearned for her.

After a few more minutes of small talk, it was my turn to receive a phonecall from a worried parent.

"Okay umma, I'm coming home now," I said and hung up.

"Awh, what a same. We were just starting to have fun," Mrs. Lee pouted again. I loved at how young she seemed to be, so full of life and spirit. It was contagious and I could see where Soojin got her own lively spirit from.

"Soojin, walk Chanyeol out will you?" Mr. Lee said, standing up to stretch. Soojin was about to complain, but Mrs. Lee bumped her shoulder hard. "I'm going to get ready to bed. It was nice to see you again Chanyeol. Stop by more often, alright?"

I shook his hand gratefully. "I will, thank you. Have a good night."

Soojin's parents went upstairs, leaving just the two of us. I looked at Soojin, who was looking everywhere but me. Her cheeks were starting to burn red and her fingers began to fidget. I gave a small laugh and took a big step towards her.

"Aren't you going to walk me out?" I asked, knowing well what she was going to say.

"Y-You're a big boy," she stuttered, continuing to look down at the floor. "You know where the door is."

I let out an exaggerated sigh. "Alright. I guess I'll go then, alone without no one to bid me farewell." I slowly turned towards the door, but not before peeking at Soojin. She bit her lip, but kept her eyes on the floor. No way, is she really just going to make me leave on my own?

I took a few slow steps towards the door, but it really didn't seem like Soojin was going to walk me out. I slumped my shoulders in disappointment.

"Alright, well...good night." I said and walked my normal pace out.

Before I could reach for the front door knob, Soojin's hand appeared out of no where beating me to it. I looked to my right, seeing her face shining crimson, surprised but happy to see her.

"You're so annoying," she mumbled, opening the door for me to walk out. I smiled and walked ahead, Soojin following pursuit and closing the door behind her.

"Nice to know you have a conscience," I teased.

"Shut up." she mumbled again, unamused.

We reached the street of her house, sadly sooner than I wanted us to. If I had a choice, I would never leave her house. Or if I couldn't stay in her house, I wanted her to come to mine. I wanted to spend the night with her. I wanted to sleep next to her again. I wanted to wake up with her in my arms...

"Let me ask you something," Soojin said suddenly, looking at me straight in the eyes. It was surprising and made me feel a little uncomfortable. Like I was about to get caught for doing something I wasn't supposed to.

"What is it?" I asked, feeling a little nervous.

She took a small step forward of her own and crossed her arms. "Shinji told you, didn't she?"

"Shinji?" I was confused. Why was she talking about Shinji suddenly? "What about her?"

Soojin let out a frustrated sigh. "Shinji! She told you didn't she?" she repeated.

Ohhhh. She's asking if Shinji told me about her feelings. I could have acknowledged what she was asking about. I could have answered her honestly and just ended it there. But I didn't. I saw this as an opportunity to mess with her, an opportunity that I have never once let go since the day I met her. "What are you talking about? What did she tell me?" I asked playing dumb.

Even in the dark night, I could tell she was starting to blush under the faint street light. "You know..." Soojin started to lose her hard exterior. "Shinji told you that...you know..that I..."

"That you what?" I urged, taking a step forward. This was it. I was going to hear Soojin say the words that I have been waiting to hear.

"That I...like you." she whispered gulping, barely audible. But I heard it. I heard it loud and clear. As if someone screamed it in my ear holding a huge LED sign with those words.

My emotions suddenly took over and I wrapped my arms around her waist, lifted her off the floor and spun her around in circles.

"What the hell Park Chanyeol!" Soojin yelped, holding onto me for dear life. "Put me down!"

I did as I was told but kept my arms around her waist. I was grinning so hard, looking at her beautiful embarassed face. She started to shy away from my intense stare and cleared .

"I'm going to kill her," she grunted.

I laughed. Even in this situation, Soojin still managed to be the Soojin that I fell in love with: strong, independent.

"You can go now," she said flatly, no longer fazed. I was glad. She knew how I felt, and I was finally able to confirm how she felt. Nothing could be more perfect.

I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before letting her go. "I'll see you tomorrow." I waved as I walked backwards a few steps, looking at her face in awe, a hand over her cheek where my lips had been.

I finally faced forward to turn a corner, my heart beat a million times a minute, full of warmth, excitement and pure happiness. I never wanted to forget this feeling. I felt like I could do anything.

 


A/N:

my lovely readers!
i'm so sorry it took me so long to update (and a short one at that)!!
i've been crazy busy and barely getting any sleep the past couple of weeks T-T
life is starting to catch up to me and it

but i made sure to make time for you lovelies!!
i can't leave you with chansoo's story being far from finished!!!
i appreciate you waiting for me keke

OH! aaaaand the votes are in!
drumroll please! my next fanfic will be an oh sehun fic!
thank you to everyone who voted!
i'm surprised jin got a lot of votes, and i apologize to my jongin fans T-T
i have another storyline in mind, so the next poll may be between just jin and kai
who knows, too far into the future to say~

i made the fanfic page because i'm trying to get graphics for it
i think i'm going to try and publish my first chapter, just so you guys can get a taste of it hehe
but i'll be more focused with this fanfic until i finish to move onto sehun~

make sure to visit my oh sehun fanfic, Safeguard!!
wheeeeeee~~ <3 :)

thank you so much to all of my readers. i truly love every single one of you!
(even you silent readers!!)

subscribe, comment, upvote. i'll love you longer than forever <3

showtime ended T-T what am i going to do for gif time now?!?!
my life feels so empty without watching my idiots weekly..SIGHH

 

tumblr_n1coibjvmC1sgyexeo2_250.giftumblr_n135ctJmxE1s4se20o2_250.gif
chanyeol's twinkling eyes, suho's hair and sehun's nag face hehehetumblr_n18zi6PRMz1rcib0uo1_500.gif
eveything about the above gif is perfection <3333 LOLOLOLLL
like seriously..look at them all individually. KING OF DERPS LOL

much love, thatxmusic