chapter 30*

My Bully, My Lover

Soojin's POV

Where is he?

It's been almost 2 weeks since I saw Chanyeol at the playground on Valentine's Day. And it's not that I've been avoiding him either. He hasn't come to school and I was starting to get worried. Was it because of what I said?

Shinji and I walked towards the boys during lunch time, expecting to see Chanyeol there. But like the past few weeks, he was no where to be found.

"Still no sign of Chanyeol oppa?" Shinji asked concerned, taking her seat next to Kai.

"This is starting to get out of hand," Sehun said with furrowed eyebrows.

"He's still not answering our calls," D.O added, dialing Chanyeol's number again. "It's completely turned off now."

"We tried to go to his house a few times too, but the maid keeps saying he's not home," Suho said. "But I know she's lying."

"We're going to try and go back again after school." Baek said, picking at his rice. "At night when everyone is asleep."

"What do you mean while everyone is asleep?" I asked, staring at my sandwich. My appetite hasn't been normal since I noticed Chanyeol had been missing either.

"We're going to break into his house at night," Kai clarified as if what I asked was the most stupid question ever. "We're sensing that he isn't trying to avoid us. So we have to pass all the maids and his parents."

"We've climbed up to his window before," Sehun said. "It should be easy now that we're all bigger than we were in elementary school."

"We used to sneak into his house when we were younger," D.O smiled at the memory. "His sister never let us hang out with him because he had to study."

"That bastard, he doesn't even have to try and he's still the smartest out of all of us," Suho mumbled.

"Alright well, let me know," I said softly. I remember what I said to him, but that didn't mean I didn't have a right to know if he was alright. I was worried. I didn't have to speak to him. I just wanted to make sure he was doing alright.

Baek nodded. "Of course, you'll be the first person to know. Why wouldn't you?"

I bit my lip in guilt. I hadn't exactly told anyone except Shinji about the incident I had with Chanyeol that night in the playground. I felt bad that I kept something like that from them. I don't know how involved they were with the planning of that wonderous event, but they probably thought that everything was perfect between Chanyeol and I - or as close to perfect we can get in our current situation.

Something told me that they were going to be successful in getting in touch with Chanyeol tonight, which meant they were going to find out soon what really had happened that night. I felt a sort of responsibilty to let them hear it from me first.

"Um, you guys.." I gulped, ready to tell them what really happened that night. That maybe the reason why Chanyeol wasn't coming to school and ignoring everyone was because of what I said. But then the school bell rang, marking the end of the lunch period. I started to panic as I watched everyone starting to gather their things, but was relieved at the same time.

"Oh crap, we're going to be late for our English exam!" Kai groaned, nudging Sehun.

Soon all the boys bid their farewells and ran towards their building.

"We'll keep you updated!" Suho shouted back with a smile. I bit my lip again as I exchanged a nervous look with Shinji. She knew all too well the situation that was going to explode as soon as the boys got in touch with Chanyeol.

I just hoped that they would still be my friends.

*****

Chanyeol's POV

"Now here you just have to find the intergral between the interval of--" the tutor turned to a new page.

"This is stupid!" I shouted all of a sudden.

"Excuse me?" the tutor asked, offended at my outburst.

"Oh, er, sorry," I apologized, a little embarrased for letting my frustration release so easily. "Um, can we take a break? I'm starting to get a headache."

"Actually," the tutor looked at his watch. "We're about done for the day. Don't forget to do your homework. I'll see you again tomorrow."

"Neh," I stood up and gave him a bow as he left my room.

As soon as the door closed behind him, I walked over to my bed and collapsed face first on top of it. I groaned at the insanity of this whole situation. Am I really being homeschoold right now? I'm going from being the top student at one of the most prestigious schools in the country from learning one on one with a teacher in my room. Is this for real?

On top of that, my phone was taken away and my laptop too. I was only given my laptop for schoolwork, and even then, my dad made sure all of these firewalls and blocks were made so I really couldn't go on anything but academic related sites. I couldn't even go on my email. It was ridiculous.

How could life be so unfair? I had a lot of time to think the past two weeks. So many things came into mind. Admittingly, I was starting to give in to the idea of marrying Minji. There honestly wasn't going to be anything to change my father's mind. If I went along with it, maybe he would let me go back to school. I missed my friends and I missed Soojin. Even if we couldn't be together the way I wanted us to, I still wanted her in my life. I still needed to see her to keep myself sane.

So...maybe marrying Minji wouldn't be so bad...

I grabbed my guitar off it's stand and opened a fresh new page of my worn out music book as I began to write another song, full of sad, hopeless notes.

*****

Tap.

I turned to my side.

Tap. Tap.

What the? I tiredly opened my eyes. Was it my imagination? I turned back to my side.

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.

I opened my eyes wider, looking towards my floor to ceiling window, seeing 5 figures standing on my veranda. What the hell?! I jolted into a seating position, ready to defend myself. But as my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I realized that the figures weren't anyone dangerous. They were my friends.

I quickly got up from my bed and to the door to greet my friends.

"Finally!" Suho whispered.

"Why are you such a heavy sleeper?" D.O complained, with a big huff.

"I am so glad to see you guys," I exclaimed, embracing them all into a big group hug.

"Yeah, well. Couldn't you have called or something?" Kai asked annoyed. "Where have you been?"

I rolled my eyes and took a seat on a chair settled near the edge of the porch. "You guys don't even know..."

For the next few minutes, I caught them up with everything. I told them what happened that night with Soojin. I told them about the argument between my dad and me. I told them about his withdrawing me from school and being on house arrest.

"Are you serious?" Sehun asked in awe. "Can he do that?"

D.O slapped his arm. "Of course he can, he's his father."

"How are you feeling?" Baek asked, looking at me with worried eyes. "You can't seriously be considering going along with this are you?"

I clenched my jaw and leaned my elbows forward on my knees, frustratingly brushing my hands through my bed hair. "I have to do it." I told them.

"Do what?" Kai asked.

"I have to marry Minji." I told them, the words burning as they escaped my lips.

"What are you talking about!?" Sehun shouted, my friends quickly telling him to quiet his voice. "What are you talking about?" he repeated again in a lower tone. "What about Soojin?"

"I already told you!" I said. "There is no me and Soojin. She's right, there's nothing I can do. What kind of person would I be to make her wait for something that is never going to come?"

The boys looked at each other with sad eyes, not being able to believe that our side was finally defeated. I clenched my eyes shut, stopping any tears from falling. Not tonight, not anymore.

"Are you sure about this?" Suho asked. "There has to be something we can do."

"There's nothing." I answered coldly. "My father doesn't care. It's as simple as that. I can't force him to care."

Baek put a hand on my shoulder, trying to comfort me. "I'm sorry man.." he said sadly. "I wish there was something that we can do."

I looked to my side and gave him a small, grateful smile. "Thanks."

We sat there in sience for a while. For a while, all we could hear was the light breeze of the dark night and our steady, annoyed breathing. We were all thinking the same thing: defeat. There really wasn't anything we can do. For a bunch of boys that thought we can do absolutely everything and anything we wanted, for the first time in all of our lives, no matter what we did, our wish wouldn't get granted. And it .

"So, what now?" D.O broke the silence.

I sighed and looked up at my five best friends, my brothers. "I'm going to tell my dad I'll go through with the wedding. If I can't change that fact, then I need to at least get back to school so I can see my best buds."

They all gave me a small, sad smile.

"Don't worry man," Baek said, throwing an arm around my shoulder. "No matter what, you'll always have us to count on."

It made me feel a little better that I was going to have a forever with these guys. And that I knew was the absolute, utter truth.

*****

Soojin's POV

I looked at my phone. 3:21am. Only one minute passed since the last time I looked at it.

Ugh, I need to get some sleep. I turned to my back and threw a pillow over my face, letting the coolness of the fabric calm me down for a little while.

If they haven't called by now, they probably aren't going to call. Just wait until tomorrow.

I looked at my phone again. 3:21am.

Ugh! I slammed the pillow back over my face. Tonight is going to be a long night...

*****

"Soojin!" Shinji exclaimed. "You look like a truck almost ran over you!"

"Gee, thanks." I yawned. I didn't have time to shower or eat breakfast. I literally brushed my teeth, splashed water on my face, got dressed and head out for school. I probably slept for an hour at most last night. I wouldn't be surprised if I did look like a train wreck today.

"You'll never guess who's here!" Shinji dismissed my looks and linked her arm through mine as we walked through the front gates of campus. "Chanyeol oppa!"

I stopped my footsteps and looked at her with wide eyes. "What?"

"Chanyeol oppa!" she half smiled, remembering that I had said there was no more 'us'. "I saw him walking with the boys before you got here."

I urgently scanned Chunsa High School property, looking for the group of guys that stood out far more than the rest. My eyes landed on a group of 6 boys, laughing and having a good time. Sehun moved to the side and I saw him. Chanyeol. The guy have been worried sick about and haven't seen in over two weeks.

Something was different. I couldn't tell what it was. He was smiling, as if nothing in the world had bothered him. Suddenly, Minji skipped over to him and clung on his arm like the leech she was. But something was different. Chanyeol hadn't torn her arm off like he usually did. He let her cling onto him.

What the?

"Uh, let's go inside." Shinji said quickly, starting to get nervous at the sight. "We're going to be late."

"The bell didn't ring yet," I told her, not taking my eyes away from Chanyeol and Minji. "What the hell is this? Are they together now?"

"Um.." Shinji started to get nervous and didn't know what to say. "I don't know. But...it sure does look that way..."

I couldn't help it. I got jealous. Not only jealous, but a little mad. Okay, a lot mad. How is it that Chanyeol was so easily able to turn 180 degrees and not only accept Minji's affection, but even reciprocate them it looks like. My blood started to boil as if I was slapped across the face in betrayal. A light hand was placed on my arm.

"Soojin..." Shinji said calmly. "Remember, you're the one that broke it off..."

My fists that had been clenched released themselves as another heavy feeling washed over me. She was right. It was me that told him there was going to be no more us. It was me that told him to stop. But I didn't know it was going to hurt this bad seeing him and Minji like this, especially so soon.

I bit my lip and gave Shinji the brightest look I could. "Let's go inside, we're going to be late."

"Soojin-ah.." she started, but I dragged her by the arm before she could say anything else. I needed a change in subject or my heart was going to shatter right then and there.

This is what you wanted Soojin. You can't go back on your words now. You asked for this.

*****

Chanyeol's POV

"So you planning on avoiding her?" Suho asked taking his seat in front of me.

"Ignoring who?" I asked, taking my books out.

"Awh come on man," Baek sighed. "You know who we're talking about."

I did, but I was trying to forget about her at the moment. Can you blame me? I was upset with her. She broke the most important promise that has ever been made to me. She broke it, and so easily without a second thought. I couldn't help but feel a little bitter towards her. Not to mention, I gave in to the marriage. What would she think after she hears the news?

As much as I wanted her to stay in my life, it wasn't that easy. It couldn't be done overnight like I had wanted it to. It was going to take time, on my part anyways.

"Shut up," I mumbled. Suho and Baek gave each other a look and took our their own books.

This is the right thing to do.

*****

After school let out, I was ready to go straight home. I knew that Minji sensed I was "warming up" to the idea of our marriage, so she had been clinging onto me more than usual. I had to head home before she was able to catch me, it takes forever to escape.

"Chanyeol!" someone called after me. I turned to see Soojin quickly pacing towards me. I suddenly got nervous and my palms got sweaty. It felt as if it was the first time the girl I liked had noticed me and I didn't know what to do.

"Chanyeol," she said again after she caught up me. "Um, hi."

"Hi." I answered awkwardly, clearing my throat. "What's up?"

"Um..." she bit her lip, something she's been doing a lot lately I noticed. It was cute. I shook my head. No, I can't be thinking thoughts like this anymore. "I was wondering..."

"Yeah?" I encouraged her. A small part of me hoped. A small part of me wished that she was going to take back everything she said that horrible night at the playground. A small part of me was about to burst, begging her to keep her promise.

"Are you still willing to tutor me?" she finally asked, a shade of pink rising in her cheeks. "I'm starting to seriously fall behind in history and could really use your help."

"Oh.." I said disappointed. "Actually, I don't think I have time to tutor anymore. I have to prepare for graduation and I have some catching up to do myself since I missed a few weeks of school. And then there's...other stuff I have to get ready for."

"Oh.." she said, replicating the disappointment in her voice. "I see. No problem! Sorry, I forgot that you already have a lot on your plate. Well...good luck with that."

She walked away quickly, making sure to keep facing forward until she was far away. I wanted to go after her and tell her to follow me home this instant so that I can help her. But it was for the best. She was right, if I was going to go through the marriage with Minji, then I needed to get over Soojin. It wasn't fair to me, to Soojin and especially not to Minji.

I watched Soojin as she kept walking until she turned the corner.

Goodbye Soojin.

*****

"Chanyeol!" a voice squealed from the top of the stairs.

"Noona?" I looked up to see my sister, beaming down at me. "What the hell! I thought you weren't going to be back for another week!"

"Well, gee. I missed you too little brother!" she came down and gave me a big hug, but not after ruffling my hair. I missed her a lot. I always felt that much safer and protected when she was around.

"So what brings you back to town?" I asked, opening the fridge for a drink of water.

"I have some news!" she smiled brightly.

"Geez, it must be some grand news. What is it?" I asked, taking a sip from my cup.

She showed me her hand as somehing shiny reflected off her finger. "I'm engaged!"

I choked on the water going down my throat and grabbed a towel to clean the mess that spurted out of my mouth. "You're what?!"

She giggled happily and admired her large rock on her finger. "I'm going to be a Mrs. soon!"

"Does umma know? How about appa?" I shot questions at her. I was happy for her and all, but it was really sudden and out of the blue.

"Not yet." she continued to smile. "I have a plan to tell them and you're going to help me."

"Oh no you don't," I said. I knew that look on her face. I've seen it too many times before. "You're not getting me involved with your problems. I have too much of my own to handle."

She laughed again and walked to my side and wrapped both of her arms around mine. "You'll thank me later."

In 18 years of my life, never has she involved me in one of these schemes had I ended up thanking her. I gulped as she led me to her room to discuss whatever plan she had to reveal her marriage. Abuhji is not going to be happy about this.

 


A/N:

what are your thoughts about the fanfic you guys?
should chansoo be forever forbidden?
should i kill minji off? LOL
tell me your thoughts :)

on another note...
200+ subcribers and 5000+ views?!
is this real life?! this is realy happening right?? T-T
thank for you all of your support and interest in my writing, it means so much <3 T-T

subscribe, comment, upvote. i'll continue to love you forever<3

a girl can't lie, these gifs kind of ...oh my kyungsoo :)

tumblr_n2cbi4seOz1sz0j5io1_500.giftumblr_n2cbi4seOz1sz0j5io2_500.gif
and then you know....there's this LOL and sweaty baekhyun umph

tumblr_n2bus9SpZB1semc0do1_400.giftumblr_n2bus9SpZB1semc0do2_400.gif

much love, thatxmusic